Probably not. But if lenovo licensed BB10 I'd seriously consider whatever hardware they come up with

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 01:36 AM
    This thread is very interesting. I am sensing that the overwhelming majority is opposing the hypothetical deal. The consensus reason for objecting to such deal seem to be rooted in the fear for information security/privacy breach.

Personal, I don't think my private information registered on the web, or in this particular case, with BlackBerry, will be any more or less secured if the company is operated by MSFT or a Chinese enterprise. If the government want your information they will get it period!

There seems to be a misconception that if BlackBerry is run by a chinese company then your security and or privacy is at risk. They will sell your information for a profit? They will hack your bank account to steal your money? It could happened but...heck since everyone thinks so I will go along. The power of group think! How ironic is the conspiracy about the US being bias towards BlackBerry...

As an investor,I would be worried because corporation and government enterprises will leave BlackBerry in large numbers. But BlackBerry is truly the best in security right? I am sure lenovo can get businesses else that is not dominated by the US military industrial complex and its supporting pillars.

What I am really trying to say is this. As a consumer my objective is to maxmize my consumption utility, and as an investor I hope to maxmize my returns, everything else held constant.

And if we are talking about politics and world domination, I will leave that to the controlling groups to worried about. As of right now, I have very little trust in any government. History taught me not to but that is another topic.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 02:56 AM
    Lenovo is not owned by Chinese government. It might can change your mind if you have patience to finish reading this. Lenovo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    04-09-13 03:24 AM
    That rumor was way out of proportion. Lenovo is not going to buy BlackBerry.
    04-09-13 03:43 AM
    Lenovo is not owned by Chinese government , neither is Baidu, Huawei or ZTE, but in China the Government doesn't need to own anything to exercise control. Mao Zedong did not own much at all, but controlled China nevertheless.

Chinese corporations can be very shady.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:46 AM
    I'd probably stay with BlackBerry if Microsoft bought it out.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:43 AM
    Lenovo does not have the capital to even buy BlackBerry. A strategic partnership is their best option. They both have similar market caps.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:44 AM
    Do not underestimate the China economic and their industry players. They are acquiring everthing from auto to electronics companies from the us n euro company. They can dictate to bmw and Mercedes on what model they want and Same goes to ferrari. They have huge buying power. As usual the europeans and Americans companies are still thinking their are still king of everything.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:10 AM
    All I can see is bias. What if MS buys BlackBerry?
    The problem with China specifically is that there remain serious concerns about intellectual property. If a Chinese company had control of the BlackBerry NOC, you'd see customers fleeing in droves.

In fact, I suspect that the NOC would have to be spun off into an independent company for any purchase of BlackBerry to work.
    04-09-13 11:13 AM
    I would be willing to give anyone due consideration, except for Apple.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:22 AM
    I wouldn't see myself staying with them. I like the idea of a Canadian company running the show.
    04-09-13 11:41 AM
    Absolutely! I love my Lenovo Yoga laptop and my Z10
    04-09-13 11:44 AM
    Lenovo is not owned by Chinese government. It might can change your mind if you have patience to finish reading this. Lenovo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    The CEO is on a high ranking committee in the Chinese government called the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference that basically runs the county. The US will not do business with Lenovo, Huweii, ZTE, etc.
    04-09-13 01:19 PM
    No. I used to be a huge Thinkpad fan partly because of the build quality, but my X220T has been a bust. I don't have a lot of confidence in Lenovo's ability to keep quality and design high.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:07 PM
    I'd sell OR disconnect my Blackberry devices.
    Yes, it would be the end of a relationship with Blackberry.

I SERIOUSLY HOPE BLACKBERRY IS LISTENING.
    04-09-13 04:44 PM
    The CEO is on a high ranking committee in the Chinese government called the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference that basically runs the county. The US will not do business with Lenovo, Huweii, ZTE, etc.
    I can understand Zhao Lian's patriotic desire to portray China as a benevolent modern power, but the fact of the matter is that Chinese government and Chinese corporations with close ties to the political leaders (often corrupt) have a long way to go to be trusted. This thread is a good testament to the general distrust for China.

The interesting thing is that Lenovo has been building the most reliable laptops since they tool over IBM ThinkPad business. The ThinkPad is the computer of choice on the international space station for example. McKinsey uses Lenovo ThinkPad exclusively for their durability and reliability. Numerous government agencies in Canada and the USA use them, too.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:03 PM
    If Lenovo buys BlackBerry, I am done as a BlackBerry customer. I would immediately sell my Z10 and Playbook and move to another platform.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    To one the Chinese make most of anyway but at least it's not the government run lenovo.
    04-09-13 05:14 PM
42 12