Which form factor would you want it to be? And running BB10 or android?

With all the question marks hanging over our heads it's getting pretty gloomy as a BlackBerry fan, but I hope that Chen does give BlackBerry devices a few more good tries.

If it was going to be just 1 device a year then let it be a 16:9 portrait slider phone. Best of both worlds and a truly unique design. I've had the Q10, Z30 and the passport and although I loved them all, my old torch was my form factor of choice for sure.

Also a 16:9 phone is what android apps were made for, I don't think bb10 apps will make a comeback.

I'm torn between BB10 and android though. BB10 is what I want, but it might be better for BlackBerry to go android sales wise.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 05:46 PM
    Which form factor would you want it to be? And running BB10 or android?

With all the question marks hanging over our heads it's getting pretty gloomy as a BlackBerry fan, but I hope that Chen does give BlackBerry devices a few more good tries.

If it was going to be just 1 device a year then let it be a 16:9 portrait slider phone. Best of both worlds and a truly unique design. I've had the Q10, Z30 and the passport and although I loved them all, my old torch was my form factor of choice for sure.

Also a 16:9 phone is what android apps were made for, I don't think bb10 apps will make a comeback.

I'm torn between BB10 and android though. BB10 is what I want, but it might be better for BlackBerry to go android sales wise.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    All touch 5.4 inch display full android, with bb hub and virtual keyboard ( and quick reply the way it is implemented in bb10 please!)

Enormous battery, compromising on weight.. Not bothered...lot of friends on android and iOS and imo they win in everything apart from messaging and battery life... And the battery is absolute trash. Bb android would definitely have to address this.

Blackberry logo....

Dream device
    07-25-15 05:59 PM
    I don't think it was stuck at just one phone. I read an article that said two phones max per year. But a slider could pack several needs under one hood.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 08:01 PM
    All touch 5.4 inch display full android, with bb hub and virtual keyboard ( and quick reply the way it is implemented in bb10 please!)

Enormous battery, compromising on weight.. Not bothered...lot of friends on android and iOS and imo they win in everything apart from messaging and battery life... And the battery is absolute trash. Bb android would definitely have to address this.

Blackberry logo....

Dream device
    Um that would be pointless. There's like 5 phones like that out now, buy one and slap a BlackBerry sticker on it.

At least make it BB10...

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 and anon(8080272) like this.
    07-25-15 08:55 PM
    I believe the best option would be the slider - covers both pkb and full touch users. Running BB10 of course. Hopefully with full Google Play Store access. The leaked specs for the slider plus full GPS access would definitely get some attention. High quality hardware plus app selection is the only way to sell phones these days.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 09:10 PM
    Agreed although I really don't care about the Google part. I know many do, but if I wanted Google snooping on me I'd buy an android. I want BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain and Allanon89 like this.
    07-25-15 09:38 PM
    One phone per year? A 3.75" BB10 Q10 successor with a touch capacitive keyboard and flagship specs.
    07-25-15 11:16 PM
    I think the slider if done right would be the best option. Needs to be super smooth. Look phenomenal. And the slider mechanism would need to hold up flawlessly over time.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    BeautyEh likes this.
    07-25-15 11:54 PM
    Passport-like phone with 4'' screen

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 01:10 AM
    Your going to be disappointed with future BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 03:47 AM
    I'd be happy with android with bb's launcher as long as it has removable battery (or at least as easily replaceable as the Z30's battery) SD card support and fm radio. Can be slider or full touch definitely not a keyboard only (1:1) phone.

If they start removing SD card.. that'll be bad.

Can't understand why Samsung removed SD and removable battery in their latest flagship.. I suppose all android will be moving towards Google's wishes (nexus with their own soon to be less modified UIs)..

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 05:26 AM
    Unfortunately if it is one, the slider makes the most sense. PKB for those that want it, all touch for those that don't. I don't want a slider at all as it just adds to failure points on the device, reduces possible battery space, and reduces structural rigidity over a pure all touch slab. So what I want is all touch, but slider would be option two. Based on Passport and Classic sales, those devices would need to be first to go. Bb10 is what I would want.

That said unless BlackBerry says what they are going to do by the iPhone and Note announcements, I'm going to bail. Chen's statements on hardware and his direction with the company are on a trajectory to exit hardware or move to Android. If I'm going to move to Android, why would a go through the Bb10 growing pains while BlackBerry tries to figure out how to make Android useful. BlackBerry Is not a good software company and I'll go to a player that is better at software and hardware and who I know will release a new device that I will want on a yearly basis. Chen is trying to convert the company into a company that doesn't offer anything for me.

Posted via Z30
    07-26-15 08:41 AM
    John Chen said it will be 2 or maybe one each year. In an earlier interview he also mention about mobile devices on delivery and the fact they had contact with two manufactures for hardware.

The slider is an all touch device which also have a qwerty keyboard. But my idea is sell it for a full touch device instead sell it like a new qwery phone.
    07-26-15 08:51 AM
    I'd be happy with android with bb's launcher as long as it has removable battery (or at least as easily replaceable as the Z30's battery) SD card support and fm radio. Can be slider or full touch definitely not a keyboard only (1:1) phone.

If they start removing SD card.. that'll be bad.

Can't understand why Samsung removed SD and removable battery in their latest flagship.. I suppose all android will be moving towards Google's wishes (nexus with their own soon to be less modified UIs)..

Posted via CB10
    Did they really? No SD card slot is a dealbreaker for me. Not just for the functionality but as the bald money-grab that it is, pulled straight from Apple's "screw the customer" handbook. I hope BlackBerry never does this.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 01:50 PM
    It has to be two. I say this because I think you need a full touch flagship and a keyboard phone. Yes the slider could be both but will have limitations.

I love my Z30 but at the moment I have nothing to replace it with when it dies. My wife just cracked her screen (it actually cracked just sitting there...it was not dropped) and I wonder the value of replacing the screen at this point but will do so and hang on until Chen commits to or kills BB10

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 02:18 PM
    Let's say, we wanted to practically simulate what Chen said now, and work with it:

1) How about two new devices per year,
    and market the heck out of them?

2) Do an evaluation of what are the form factors and specs levels that would be most suitable, and run with it.

There are enough devices to cover the low spec sector, and no need to make anything new on that front. Classic and Leap can satisfy corporate fleet needs for a while.

-- � Development cost is reduced, marketing dollar can be used more effectively and concentrate on those two products and launches, establish a reliable device refresh cycle (instead of that scatter(brain)ed approach since the Z10)

-- � if necessary, stabilize spending to adapt to the niche market manufacturer position, outsource what needs to be outsourced, if necessary, ...

:-D

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    Allanon89 likes this.
    07-26-15 03:46 PM
    If you look at the current line up of flagship android phones like the S6, G4, Z3+, M9, you will notice that they all have their unique specialties like.. G4 with its amazing camera software which something bb doesnt have.. Then the z3+ which water and dust resistant, then you have the M9 with amazing speakers and also the S6 which has touchwiz and curved screen.. BlackBerry needs to seriously look at the competition if it wants to fight against droids.. Camera is important. I really think it is important for them to come up with a very unique and amazing UI plus camera software or else people will see it as a boring device.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 04:57 PM
    One a year would allow them to make one unique device a year. Slider this year, updated passport the next, classic update the next, and so on

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    toneytone and BeautyEh like this.
    07-26-15 05:03 PM
    2 a year. High end and budget touch device one year, high end and budget PKB the next, and alternate.

Selfishly I'd look at the slider as this year's "all touch" paired with the low-end Leap. Then next year updated Classic and Passport...but realistically it probably needs to be a proper full-touch, and they need to choose between moving forward with the slider OR Passport as their high-end PKB flagship.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 05:09 PM
    How about an all touch with the option for snap on physical keyboard? If done right, this could potentially satisfy everyone. The keyboard could also have an integrated case and extra battery. They could also have a version of snap on keyboard that is only the keyboard.

Think of the savings bb would get by only developing one model. Want all touch? Got it. Want pkb? Got it.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    07-26-15 06:01 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Slider aka Venice!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 07:05 PM
    How about an all touch with the option for snap on physical keyboard? If done right, this could potentially satisfy everyone. The keyboard could also have an integrated case and extra battery. They could also have a version of snap on keyboard that is only the keyboard.

Think of the savings bb would get by only developing one model. Want all touch? Got it. Want pkb? Got it.
    You know, if there was a flip/slide keyboard case (made by BlackBerry) for the Z30 I'd have bought it yesterday. That said my understanding is that those things are pretty universally crap; I haven't ever tried one to say for myself.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:22 PM

Blackberry logo....

Dream device
    So you are the one to blame about those gigantic phones . What are you fingers made of, Pinocchio's nose?
    Joke a side, 4.5-4.7 if bezzels are slim is the sweat and completely not existing spot for me (flagship class).

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    07-26-15 09:00 PM
    I honestly feel like BlackBerry handsets will die in a year or two. I'm in until they are gone but I don't see a turn around. All I see is fewer and fewer users and sales.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    07-26-15 09:02 PM

Blackberry logo....

Dream device
    Um that would be pointless. There's like 5 phones like that out now, buy one and slap a BlackBerry sticker on it.

At least make it BB10...

Posted via CB10
    What "5 phones like that" are out now? Because I can't think of one 5.4" Android phone with BB Hub, BB VKB, and an enormous battery.

Also, why would BlackBerry bet the farm on their one device a year being a BB10 device? That would basically insure BlackBerry is out of hardware completely, sooner rather than later. BB10 has had 8 tries in the past 30 months, 8 different devices, and none have had any serious traction in the consumer market, and they've even lost ground on their home turf, Enterprise and government.
    07-26-15 09:03 PM
58 123