I don't have a data plan but when I turn data services on I can use OPERA MINI. Does it cost me?
    12-06-09 05:56 PM
    Yes, usually 3 cents a kilobyte. Same as sending texts when your plan doesn't include texting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 06:01 PM
    when i go into settings and click mobile network i select data services.. when i turn it on it works! how is this possible is i don't have a DATA plan?
    12-06-09 06:03 PM
    You will get charged for each kilobyte of data used like SCrid2000 said, which is not cheap by the way. If you plan to use data often I would suggest getting a monthly data package.
    12-06-09 08:46 PM
    The data will work if you don't have it blocked. Your carrier will be more than happy to charge you for it. That's why I had data blocked on my kids' phones. I don't want any suprises.

12-06-09 08:53 PM
    Yes, usually 3 cents a kilobyte. Same as sending texts when your plan doesn't include texting.

as said by sCrid2000 , you"ll be charged for data,and your carrier would be more than happy to allow you using the data.
    12-06-09 11:24 PM
    Yes and it will get expensive quick.
    12-07-09 12:30 AM
    i have t-mobile and i bought an unlocked 8520 off ebay, mainly because i dont use internet type services enough to pay an extra $25 a month. (i much prefer my mac to any phone browser). so i called customer service and asked them to completely disable data services from my line.
    i then changed some of my phone settings so i can access internet (for free) via wifi whenever there is an available connection.
    12-07-09 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD