...Pretty simple. I'd make to duplicate the playbook...kinda like a min-playbook. It would stand out a little from all other cookie cutter touchscreens the sweet black on black bezel, with just the BlackBerry logo on top. What do you guys think?
    05-29-12 05:45 AM
    You basically described the ... dev alpha BB10 ;-)
    05-29-12 06:05 AM
    You basically described the ... dev alpha BB10 ;-)
    For bbs sake i hope not.
    05-29-12 06:23 AM
    Well my devAlpha does catch the eyes of phone techies, and of people wondering what the heck I'm doing with a touchscreen,

That said, I would hope RIM does a bit more to fineness the first BB10 device.

I'll assume they'll be sticking to the screen size of the devAlpha for sake of keeping devs happy,
    I'd like to see the first BB10 device to have a back similar to the 9900 with tapered edges, buttons on the "top" access ports on the "bottom" when held in portrait mode. I'd like to see the corners more rounded, so it has less of a square shape, and I'd like to see more done with the LED nested into the speaker, I really liked that, and would like to see more of it

The touchscreen needs to be glass for the sake of a premium device feel, the back should be some sort of scratch resistant rubber/paint like the back of the PlayBook, not like the back of the 9790,

I think I'd like the BlackBerry name to be on the edge of the device not the front of it, I want the people beside me, or across the table to know it's a BlackBerry.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    05-29-12 06:54 AM
    Though I personally do not like the style, I think a Palm Pre style vertical slider would have been the best for the first BB10 device. They could have gathered metrics on how many people were using it as a full touchscreen mode vs. the keyboard. They could have made their next crop according to what they found. BB is keyboard and replaceable battery. They are giving too much ground at once.
    05-29-12 07:38 AM
    Though I personally do not like the style, I think a Palm Pre style vertical slider would have been the best for the first BB10 device. They could have gathered metrics on how many people were using it as a full touchscreen mode vs. the keyboard. They could have made their next crop according to what they found. BB is keyboard and replaceable battery. They are giving too much ground at once.
    That would kill them in the media saying they fail to grasp the changing market,

the most popular form factor is the all touchscreen device, that is what RIM needs to come out with, and do it well,
    Building that and focusing to do it well, not letting the Engineers be lazy on the keyboard design because they have the hard keyboard
    not having to focus on UI elements for touch because they have navigation via hard buttons, I hate the Touchscreen form factor and my productivity is greatly reduced when using it, but for RIM, that is the make it or break it form factor, and they need to show commitment.
    susu222 likes this.
    05-29-12 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD