This is just so perfect...the third party software is ready for prime time before the OS update is available? Where are you RIM/AT&T?

I just received an email announcing my eligibility to download a 30 day free trial of the premium edition. Go to the dataviz home and look for subdirectory dataviz.com/newDTTbb (as you can see, I don't have URL privileges yet.
    06-23-08 02:38 PM
    LOL, this has to be one of the strangest product launches ever.
    I wonder if dataviz gets any compensation from rim over the delays.
    06-23-08 02:52 PM
    LOL, this has to be one of the strangest product launches ever.
    I wonder if dataviz gets any compensation from rim over the delays.
    Might seem strange to those of us in the US, but keep in mind that the OS 4.5 update is available in some parts of the world, which is part of the reason DataViz decided to make Premium available now.

Jason C. -
    mobileofficeblog.dataviz.com
    06-23-08 02:59 PM
    My guess is that OS 4.5 is so full of bugs that RIM don't dare release it. I also think that the Vodafine, Germany releae of 4.5.0.37 was in error since RIM have since released .42, .44 and if some are to be believed .46

I also noted that DocsToGo requires OS 4.5 and BIS 2.5 which is just about to be released or has just been released.
    06-23-08 07:18 PM
    AT&T will release it, and hopefully soon. But its a carrier issue and I would much prefer that the phone software and device software be handled by ATT and RIM respectively. This way we could get OTA updates without dealing with ATT.
    06-23-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD