I'm just downloading the public beta of iOS 10 actually.

Android has come a very long way though. I first tried it at the Gingerbread / Honeycomb stage and it was... awful, imho. Laggy, wifi drops, poor app ecosystem, etc. It was a joke next to iOS. I couldn't believe how popular it was, even though obviously cheaper. You couldn’t have paid me to use it as a daily driver back then.

Posted via CB10
    Just received the public beta e-mail but I'm not gonna do it on this iPhone because it isn't mine. Anyway, I had an iPhone 4 till my Nexus 5 with KitKat and I don't know how performance was prior to that, but I have too many friends who compare $300 Androids to iPhones. That's a huge mistake, comparing low and mid-end droids to iPhones.

I mean, if you compare flagship Androids with the iPhone, you'll basically get the same performance and it becomes just a matter of OS preference. If you compare the a Samsung Mini with an iPhone, you'll always be disappointed.
    07-07-16 04:19 PM
    A Windows 10 phone. (I already use a Lumia 950 alongside my beloved Q10.) Some people say there is an app gap, but it has all the apps I need, including local banking and parking apps etc. (Apart from Snapchat all the major apps are there, as far as I can tell. And, with their marketing and acquisition of Xamarin, I believe it will only get better.)

Possibly an HP Elite X3 with that awesome mobile extender.
    I am intrigue by surface phone. I have surface pro 3 and I love it to death. Best device ever.
    07-07-16 05:06 PM
    A Windows 10 phone. (I already use a Lumia 950 alongside my beloved Q10.) Some people say there is an app gap, but it has all the apps I need, including local banking and parking apps etc. (Apart from Snapchat all the major apps are there, as far as I can tell. And, with their marketing and acquisition of Xamarin, I believe it will only get better.)

Possibly an HP Elite X3 with that awesome mobile extender.
    As I've said in other threads, the fact that you have all of the apps that you need doesn't mean that there isn't a gap. One reason why WP/W10M is faring so poorly is because many people use apps that simply aren't available there.
    07-07-16 05:16 PM
    Just received the public beta e-mail but I'm not gonna do it on this iPhone because it isn't mine. Anyway, I had an iPhone 4 till my Nexus 5 with KitKat and I don't know how performance was prior to that, but I have too many friends who compare $300 Androids to iPhones. That's a huge mistake, comparing low and mid-end droids to iPhones.

I mean, if you compare flagship Androids with the iPhone, you'll basically get the same performance and it becomes just a matter of OS preference. If you compare the a Samsung Mini with an iPhone, you'll always be disappointed.
    For sure it's better now, Jelly Bean and up. I have a few android devices, no complaints. My point was that the OS back then was pretty bad even on premium devices. Imho.
    07-07-16 05:22 PM
    But it�s the other things that let this device down. File management is such a drag � I got the 64GB version but I can�t be arsed to save any photo or music on it. I use a Mac and saving files on the Passport was a cakewalk � just plug in the phone and then drag and drop.
    IMO, if this kind of thing is important to you, you should have gone with Android instead of iOS. iOS is not really made for power users (and in today's world, folks who need to manipulate the file system like this on mobile are power users) and intentionally tries to hide the file system from users, because it confuses too many of them.

Android, on the other hand, gives you full access to the file system, and there are several excellent file managers available (I recommend Solid Explorer, but others are also good). Email attachments also work like you're used to, even multiple files of different types - just like BB10 or a desktop OS.

iOS is great for the folks they market to: people who want a relatively powerful while very simple device. But that isn't you - you're a power user who is willing to learn about things like file types and directories and file managers, and that's exactly what Android is great at.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-07-16 06:17 PM
    I would like to go for a Lumia but I would have to give up a lot in terms of the bank apps, Pebble smartwatch, and some BlackBerry 10 native apps.

Android would be the next logical solution, but I do not like any of the hardware available. I am looking for a removable back battery phone that can accept a extended capacity battery with a larger back cover.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 06:52 PM
    I'll buy the gold iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy Edge. Buy them both and use them interchangeably.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 07:47 PM
    If blackberry was to stop making phones what brand of phone would you buy and why-img_20160708_120728.png

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-07-16 09:07 PM
    I�ve been a Passport user since launch day, and before that a Q10. Last week, just to prepare myself for life post-BB10, I got myself an iPhone SE, and it made me appreciate Passport and the BB10 OS so much more. While it�s a gorgeous looking phone, due to iOS's cumbersome nature I can�t seem to warm to the device. My biggest fear was that I would be a typo-mess on it but that hasn�t been the case at all; in fact, I am as accurate and as fast on the iPhone as I�m on the Passport.

But it�s the other things that let this device down. File management is such a drag � I got the 64GB version but I can�t be arsed to save any photo or music on it. I use a Mac and saving files on the Passport was a cakewalk � just plug in the phone and then drag and drop. But on the iPhone, I have to open the iTunes, then import the photos to iPhoto, select the folder where the photos are, then press sync. For the photos to still be on my phone the next time I plug it in to the Mac, I�ve to make sure that the original files stay in the iPhoto; otherwise, the photo will be gone from the phone. Hey, that�s a waste of space on my Mac � I already have the photos in my �Pictures� folder, why should I have the same copy on my iPhoto too?

Then sharing data between apps is just awful. It�s just not a fluid OS like the BB10, which Android is to a certain extent. For instance, I do photo editing all the time with VSCO and Snapseed; I start with Snapseed and then move to VSCO. Say, while browsing through my Camera Roll, I feel the need to edit a photo. I cannot just press on the share button, like on Passport/BB10, for the photo to appear on Snapseed. I have to open Snapseed first and then import the photo. For someone who takes a bunch of photos of the same thing, getting the correct photo on to Snapseed is a guessing game. Once I�m done with this round of editing on Snapseed, on BB10 I could just click on the share button and the photo would appear on VSCO along with the app itself. Here, I can click on the �Open In�� VSCO option but the photo would not open up on VSCO as you would expect. What it does is it transfers the photo to VSCO. I still need to press the dumb home button and VSCO amongst the thousands of apps, then open it to continue with my editing. It is such a drag!

Then sending an e-mail attachment� it made me pull out my hair! Say, I�m typing an e-mail and feel the need to attach a photo, I could click on the �paper clip� icon on the Passport and then select the photo. There is no such option on the iPhone! You have to start with the photo first; click on share on �Mail� to attach the photo and then type your e-mail. That�s just cumbersome and time-wasting. I wonder how �busy� businessmen put up with such inefficiency.

And then the call quality! It�s just so poor. It seems like Apple has forgotten that they are making a phone in the first place, so it should be able to do the basic function of a phone call perfectly.

I have lots more gripes. But the bottom line is, I�ve gone back to my Passport and have gotten myself a brand new Classic on the cheap. The iPhone is picked up only when I want to kill time on Instagram. It�s such a shame that people never gave BB10 a proper chance � it�s such a superior OS and makes your life easier, as smartphones are supposed to. I for one will be using it as long as it�s on.
    In iOS, you can attach pictures within the email app, just long press the white backgroud and a menu will appear. No need to go to the pictures first.
    07-07-16 11:43 PM
    Apple as the OS seems closer to BlackBerry than android and all the apps work well! Plus most of the family have them so we can facetime and share apple music etc..

Swiped on my Passport!
    07-08-16 12:30 AM
    In iOS, you can attach pictures within the email app, just long press the white backgroud and a menu will appear. No need to go to the pictures first.
    Hi, I just tried and it works! Cheers for the tip. Still, it’s not as straightforward as in BB10 or Android. There are so many things on iOS that are not as straightforward as in BB10 and yet people complained that BB10 is not user-friendly. It’s such a travesty that BlackBerry/RIM cocked up with this OS gold they had on their hands.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    07-08-16 05:05 AM
    IMO, if this kind of thing is important to you, you should have gone with Android instead of iOS. iOS is not really made for power users (and in today's world, folks who need to manipulate the file system like this on mobile are power users) and intentionally tries to hide the file system from users, because it confuses too many of them.

Android, on the other hand, gives you full access to the file system, and there are several excellent file managers available (I recommend Solid Explorer, but others are also good). Email attachments also work like you're used to, even multiple files of different types - just like BB10 or a desktop OS.

iOS is great for the folks they market to: people who want a relatively powerful while very simple device. But that isn't you - you're a power user who is willing to learn about things like file types and directories and file managers, and that's exactly what Android is great at.
    You are right I wanted to try the iOS to see what the fuss was all about and hence I went with the SE and not 6S or waited for the 7. So far, it has been an underwhelming experience. Note: I’ve been using this phone with an open mind, browsing through forums to get tips to get the best out of the device. It’s definitely not the OS for those who suffer from OCD as I do!

As for Android, why should I have to download a separate app that would use up my phone memory for this function? Still, I guess, I’ll eventually turn to it, when BB10 stops functioning altogether.
    07-08-16 05:15 AM
    Apple as the OS seems closer to BlackBerry than android and all the apps work well! Plus most of the family have them so we can facetime and share apple music etc..

Swiped on my Passport!
    The iOS is nowhere near as intuitive and elegant and capable as the BB10 OS. Take it from a current iOS user
    07-08-16 05:18 AM
    Glad to see nothing has really changed since I owned the iphone 4! Getting my music onto that device was such a nightmare,im convinced itunes was created by the devil one cold and wet sunday afternoon when he was bored and feeling really pissed off!

Posted via CB10
    LOL! It’s such a drag. I still use my Passport for taking photos, editing them, storing photos (I suffer from OCD, so my photos are saved in folders and sub-folders, properly labelled and all), and listening to music.
    raves68 likes this.
    07-08-16 05:20 AM
    LOL! It�s such a drag. I still use my Passport for taking photos, editing them, storing photos (I suffer from OCD, so my photos are saved in folders and sub-folders, properly labelled and all), and listening to music.
    Wow I wish I had the same,my stuff is just so random and messy,it takes me ages to find anything.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 07:26 AM
    As for Android, why should I have to download a separate app that would use up my phone memory for this function? Still, I guess, I’ll eventually turn to it, when BB10 stops functioning altogether.
    An app is an app. A stock app uses storage just like a downloaded one - the difference is that a stock app can't be deleted, even if you don't like it and never use it. A downloaded app that you don't like can be uninstalled, and you have a choice in the app that you prefer. That is also what Android is about.
    07-08-16 10:04 AM
    I am intrigue by surface phone. I have surface pro 3 and I love it to death. Best device ever.
    I wholeheartedly agree, the Surface Pro 3 (and 4, I recently upgraded) is the best device ever! A surface phone able to run desktop apps when docked would be awesome. (I am also hoping for something like the mobile extender on the HP Elite X3, and an external graphics card in the docking station, like the Razer Core)
    bitek likes this.
    07-08-16 11:08 AM
    If MS can pull off a Surface Phone that supports corporate VOIP over WiFi and runs Windows 10 Pro, I'll be a very happy camper. I would just add a data plan and ditch a dedicated mobile number altogether.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    07-08-16 11:16 AM
    As I've said in other threads, the fact that you have all of the apps that you need doesn't mean that there isn't a gap. One reason why WP/W10M is faring so poorly is because many people use apps that simply aren't available there.
    Well... Maybe. I think partly WP/W10M is faring poorly because everybody propagates the rumor that the app gap is really big, so people should stay away. A lot of people, like myself, can do fine with the apps that exist. I would not recommend it to a kid that must have Snapchat (in fact, I recently got my son a Priv, precisely because of that need).

Some light reading on the subject:
    The untold "app gap" story, Part I: Human behavior, the overlooked variable
    The untold "app gap" story Part II: App gap? What app gap?
    The untold "app gap" story Part III: The mobile web is the path to bots, apps 2.0
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-08-16 11:17 AM
    I'll go back using a pen and paper.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    07-08-16 12:22 PM
    True. They are gaining some ground lately though as a lot of apps are coming back, including universal apps. Not there yet but some improvement.
    07-08-16 03:02 PM
    True. They are gaining some ground lately though as a lot of apps are coming back, including universal apps. Not there yet but some improvement.
    Yup. MS seems to be playing the long game when it comes to WP/W10M, hoping that devs jump on board as they make app development easier. Thanks to their other businesses, they can afford to keep their mobile efforts going on longer.
    TgeekB and ayngling like this.
    07-08-16 03:39 PM
    Yup. MS seems to be playing the long game when it comes to WP/W10M, hoping that devs jump on board as they make app development easier. Thanks to their other businesses, they can afford to keep their mobile efforts going on longer.
    Absolutely. They are not rushing, but focusing on the future. Hoping it works out.
    07-08-16 03:40 PM
    Absolutely. They are not rushing, but focusing on the future. Hoping it works out.
    Indeed. There needs to be competition. Whether or not they succeed is anyone's guess.
    07-08-16 03:43 PM
    Alcatel! Oops...wait a minute

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-08-16 04:14 PM
123 12345