Definitely Windows Phone.

I think they have a long term strategy and sooner or later their aggressive marketing will pay out. Universal Apps sounds interesting and Contiuum feels contemporary.

Also it looks beautiful and makes a lot more sense to me. I don't get iOS and Android. It looks weird and not intuitive.

I will wait for the Surface Phone, though. Maybe even the Surface Phone 2.

Posted via CB10
    bitek, TgeekB and ayngling like this.
    07-06-16 06:37 PM
    I've already switched to Windows Phone (Lumia 950). It actually is the closest to Blackberry of the three from what I have experienced. As the above poster stated, universal apps could bring developers in the fold and their focus on enterprise is still strong.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 07-06-16 at 08:38 PM.
    ayngling likes this.
    07-06-16 08:00 PM
    Windows phone.. only I tried and had to send the phone back as I needed the hub and battery life. I will keep an eye out out for windows phones in the coming year. If they get a 'hub' style set up I may jump some day.
    Will also keep my I on the new BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:06 PM
    I thought BB, with the news of the Classic have already stopped making phones.

All joking aside, I have a stock of Q's that will allow me a number of years before I need to make the decision. Hopefully before then, the market gets fed up with snooping OS's AND someone makes again makes a good PKB. . . . .

IF not, then likely an iPhone.
    07-06-16 10:48 PM
    Well, given my minimal needs (phone, text, and email), I'll likely be using a BlackBerry until LTE is deprecated.
    07-06-16 11:45 PM
    I'll use what's available from BlackBerry10 until it's no longer supported, since there's nothing else that's truly out there for me. Then, I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Maybe a new BlackBerry10 like player will emerge in the marketplace. Because the reasons that I use BlackBerry, simply don't exist anywhere else but on the BlackBerry10 platform. And that's the reason I came to BlackBerry.

It's as simple as my avatar;
    I'm a"BlackBerry10" Fan...
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    07-07-16 12:09 AM
    Looking into the One plus 3. Seems like a promising device at a great price.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 06:27 AM
    I think I'd go with a Nexus phone. They have a stock experience and the prices are reasonable. Wife has one now and so far so good.

I've wanted to try a Windows phone but like someone already mentioned, why go from a platform with very few big name apps, to a platform with a few big name apps. Might as well get the real deal and that means Android or iOS.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 06:40 AM
    Note (always wanted to try one). Or Nexus because of stock Android
    Same. Have a Nexus already, but the Note 7 looks interesting. Or the rumoured specs do.
    enrod87 likes this.
    07-07-16 07:09 AM
    I'd probably check out Sony's offerings, then LG's, then Samsung's..

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 07:18 AM
    I'd go with a Motorola device.
    07-07-16 08:15 AM
    I'd go with an iPhone and I've been testing one for 2 days. I'll probably post a short review but till then, here are the main reasons:

• I've tried a Lumia once - looked nice, didn't have apps. I use a Mac for work and the iPhone has OSX integration. I also consider Microsoft a **** company with how it handled Windows 10 and force upgraded one of my PCs. Plus, I just switched from BB10 and I'm not migrating to another dying platform.
    • Loved my old Nexus 5 with KitKat. Tested a Nexus 5X with MM and didn't like it. TouchID is unconfortable and there's no true "Silent" mode.
    • played with an HTC 10 and it's truly a premium phone - it has a nice build quality and it's very fast. Problem is, I prefer Vanilla Android over OEM Android in the long term.
    • I prefer iOS over Android because the latter is developed and heavily controlled by Google, which is in the business of selling data
    • iOS is more secure and private than Android from the research I've done (for myself)

Edit: My next phone won't have the BB logo on it anyway, because BB has actually stopped making phones. If experience taught me anything with the Classic and Priv, is that BB isn't capable of using good hardware in their phones, or developing good android apps, so they're always slow and hot. For me, the PKB is no longer worth the crappy performance.
    07-07-16 09:10 AM
    I like iPhone as well, used them for years and still have my 6. I'm hoping they do more with building out iOS though, they've really been falling behind in some areas, imho.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 09:23 AM
    How about Ubuntu meizu?That's the only gesture based OS other than BlackBerry 10. I found the review nice.But for them also app ecosystem is the issue.

Sent from Passport
    Last I heard they weren't even selling phones anymore...
    07-07-16 09:55 AM
    I would join the majority this time.
    07-07-16 10:32 AM
    I am a little bit greedy. But I still go with Apple's Iphone and Blackberry, combination of day-to-day apps and the hub for emails.
    07-07-16 10:52 AM
    Well, my Z10 isn't ready for retirement yet. The next phone will be a Passport, most likely. After that, I'll see what looks good in 2018.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 12:36 PM
    Microsoft

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10 #LoveHelloGames #NoMansSky
    07-07-16 01:04 PM
    I like iPhone as well, used them for years and still have my 6. I'm hoping they do more with building out iOS though, they've really been falling behind in some areas, imho.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's lagging in some areas, but it's pretty stable. Android feels like a beta sometimes, relying on users to find and report bugs.
    07-07-16 01:05 PM
    I,ll keep sticking to my classic as long as it holds out ive stocked piled a few other blackberry phones for the long run,ive no intention of returning to either windows,apple or android ive done that and now I'm more than happy to stick with blackberry even if it's not being supported anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 01:39 PM
    The op should of asked "WHEN Blackberry stops making phones..."
    07-07-16 02:07 PM
    I�ve been a Passport user since launch day, and before that a Q10. Last week, just to prepare myself for life post-BB10, I got myself an iPhone SE, and it made me appreciate Passport and the BB10 OS so much more. While it�s a gorgeous looking phone, due to iOS's cumbersome nature I can�t seem to warm to the device. My biggest fear was that I would be a typo-mess on it but that hasn�t been the case at all; in fact, I am as accurate and as fast on the iPhone as I�m on the Passport.

But it�s the other things that let this device down. File management is such a drag � I got the 64GB version but I can�t be arsed to save any photo or music on it. I use a Mac and saving files on the Passport was a cakewalk � just plug in the phone and then drag and drop. But on the iPhone, I have to open the iTunes, then import the photos to iPhoto, select the folder where the photos are, then press sync. For the photos to still be on my phone the next time I plug it in to the Mac, I�ve to make sure that the original files stay in the iPhoto; otherwise, the photo will be gone from the phone. Hey, that�s a waste of space on my Mac � I already have the photos in my �Pictures� folder, why should I have the same copy on my iPhoto too?

Then sharing data between apps is just awful. It�s just not a fluid OS like the BB10, which Android is to a certain extent. For instance, I do photo editing all the time with VSCO and Snapseed; I start with Snapseed and then move to VSCO. Say, while browsing through my Camera Roll, I feel the need to edit a photo. I cannot just press on the share button, like on Passport/BB10, for the photo to appear on Snapseed. I have to open Snapseed first and then import the photo. For someone who takes a bunch of photos of the same thing, getting the correct photo on to Snapseed is a guessing game. Once I�m done with this round of editing on Snapseed, on BB10 I could just click on the share button and the photo would appear on VSCO along with the app itself. Here, I can click on the �Open In�� VSCO option but the photo would not open up on VSCO as you would expect. What it does is it transfers the photo to VSCO. I still need to press the dumb home button and VSCO amongst the thousands of apps, then open it to continue with my editing. It is such a drag!

Then sending an e-mail attachment� it made me pull out my hair! Say, I�m typing an e-mail and feel the need to attach a photo, I could click on the �paper clip� icon on the Passport and then select the photo. There is no such option on the iPhone! You have to start with the photo first; click on share on �Mail� to attach the photo and then type your e-mail. That�s just cumbersome and time-wasting. I wonder how �busy� businessmen put up with such inefficiency.

And then the call quality! It�s just so poor. It seems like Apple has forgotten that they are making a phone in the first place, so it should be able to do the basic function of a phone call perfectly.

I have lots more gripes. But the bottom line is, I�ve gone back to my Passport and have gotten myself a brand new Classic on the cheap. The iPhone is picked up only when I want to kill time on Instagram. It�s such a shame that people never gave BB10 a proper chance � it�s such a superior OS and makes your life easier, as smartphones are supposed to. I for one will be using it as long as it�s on.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-07-16 02:51 PM
    I�ve been a Passport user since launch day, and before that a Q10. Last week, just to prepare myself for life post-BB10, I got myself an iPhone SE, and it made me appreciate Passport and the BB10 OS so much more. While it�s a gorgeous looking phone, due to iOS's cumbersome nature I can�t seem to warm to the device. My biggest fear was that I would be a typo-mess on it but that hasn�t been the case at all; in fact, I am as accurate and as fast on the iPhone as I�m on the Passport.

But it�s the other things that let this device down. File management is such a drag � I got the 64GB version but I can�t be arsed to save any photo or music on it. I use a Mac and saving files on the Passport was a cakewalk � just plug in the phone and then drag and drop. But on the iPhone, I have to open the iTunes, then import the photos to iPhoto, select the folder where the photos are, then press sync. For the photos to still be on my phone the next time I plug it in to the Mac, I�ve to make sure that the original files stay in the iPhoto; otherwise, the photo will be gone from the phone. Hey, that�s a waste of space on my Mac � I already have the photos in my �Pictures� folder, why should I have the same copy on my iPhoto too?

Then sharing data between apps is just awful. It�s just not a fluid OS like the BB10, which Android is to a certain extent. For instance, I do photo editing all the time with VSCO and Snapseed; I start with Snapseed and then move to VSCO. Say, while browsing through my Camera Roll, I feel the need to edit a photo. I cannot just press on the share button, like on Passport/BB10, for the photo to appear on Snapseed. I have to open Snapseed first and then import the photo. For someone who takes a bunch of photos of the same thing, getting the correct photo on to Snapseed is a guessing game. Once I�m done with this round of editing on Snapseed, on BB10 I could just click on the share button and the photo would appear on VSCO along with the app itself. Here, I can click on the �Open In�� VSCO option but the photo would not open up on VSCO as you would expect. What it does is it transfers the photo to VSCO. I still need to press the dumb home button and VSCO amongst the thousands of apps, then open it to continue with my editing. It is such a drag!

Then sending an e-mail attachment� it made me pull out my hair! Say, I�m typing an e-mail and feel the need to attach a photo, I could click on the �paper clip� icon on the Passport and then select the photo. There is no such option on the iPhone! You have to start with the photo first; click on share on �Mail� to attach the photo and then type your e-mail. That�s just cumbersome and time-wasting. I wonder how �busy� businessmen put up with such inefficiency.

And then the call quality! It�s just so poor. It seems like Apple has forgotten that they are making a phone in the first place, so it should be able to do the basic function of a phone call perfectly.

I have lots more gripes. But the bottom line is, I�ve gone back to my Passport and have gotten myself a brand new Classic on the cheap. The iPhone is picked up only when I want to kill time on Instagram. It�s such a shame that people never gave BB10 a proper chance � it�s such a superior OS and makes your life easier, as smartphones are supposed to. I for one will be using it as long as it�s on.
    Glad to see nothing has really changed since I owned the iphone 4! Getting my music onto that device was such a nightmare,im convinced itunes was created by the devil one cold and wet sunday afternoon when he was bored and feeling really pissed off!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 03:16 PM
    A Windows 10 phone. (I already use a Lumia 950 alongside my beloved Q10.) Some people say there is an app gap, but it has all the apps I need, including local banking and parking apps etc. (Apart from Snapchat all the major apps are there, as far as I can tell. And, with their marketing and acquisition of Xamarin, I believe it will only get better.)

Possibly an HP Elite X3 with that awesome mobile extender.
    Chama1 likes this.
    07-07-16 03:47 PM
    Yes it's lagging in some areas, but it's pretty stable. Android feels like a beta sometimes, relying on users to find and report bugs.
    I'm just downloading the public beta of iOS 10 actually.

Android has come a very long way though. I first tried it at the Gingerbread / Honeycomb stage and it was... awful, imho. Laggy, wifi drops, poor app ecosystem, etc. It was a joke next to iOS. I couldn't believe how popular it was, even though obviously cheaper. You couldn�t have paid me to use it as a daily driver back then.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 03:59 PM
123 1234 ...