05-03-12 04:35 PM
62 123
tools
    The whole reason I love blackberry is for the keyboard and their OS. The build, style, being able to do everything is such an easy integrated way. It's so convenient for me. Nothing can compare to the Bold 9900. Phone always comes first for me.

The ONLY thing BB's lack are the specs. They are not up to par with the latest Androids and IPhones.

If you make a Bold 9900 or something very similar to the bold, and the OS not changing its prime features with the same specs then i'm a BB owner for life.

I don't like big phones. I don't like all touch screens. I don't even like the swipe unlock thingy.

RIM, you don't have to make a complete make over. The specs is what it's all about. Or just have variety.

Or else I'm jumping ship in a heart beat. No reason to have a BB if it's just going to be another android.

If that happens, Rim will surely fail.
    05-01-12 05:54 PM
    Don't get your panties in a bunch they will have multiple options
    05-01-12 05:57 PM
    You don't like Android or touch screens. Jumping ship to...where? LOL. Just keep your BlackBerry as long as it works for you. No one is forcing you to change!
    05-01-12 06:00 PM
    Don't get your panties in a bunch they will have multiple options
    exactly. it probably won't launch alongside the all-touch bb10 device, but they will have a QWERTY option later.
    specs are over rated, trust me... android needs hgih end specs just to make their flawed Os run properly...
    sleepngbear likes this.
    You are in the minority. The needs are changing and the wants are are changing. RIM's inability to see and implement the upgrades consumers want is what is killing them.
    dynot and mark-d like this.
    If you are refering to the Alpha phones RIM showed today... they have already said this phone does not represent what the final BB10 phone will look like.... Problem with all these types of post... is for all who do not want a change there are an equal number who want a change....
    Premium1 and madman0141 like this.
    05-01-12 06:01 PM
    You don't like Android or touch screens. Jumping ship to...where? LOL. Just keep your BlackBerry as long as it works for you. No one is forcing you to change!
    LoL that's what I was thinking
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    05-01-12 06:05 PM
    Hey...I guess you're done then eh? Blackberry is absolutely changing to BB10...maybe Palm Pre will treat you better with their keyboard oh...whoops, nvm!

BBOS is dead, i love my Bold 9900, but BB10 is the future, and it looks very promising...if you have an issue with touch screen devices, and more modern OS's...then you can always use a Motorola Razr V3
    bluetroll and shaleem like this.
    05-01-12 06:12 PM
    Yeah ofcourse we all love our blackberry's exactly how they are. But the market is getting tough to compete with, RIM is appealing to the masses that don't like the vintage style of BB that we do, and there's nothing wrong with that. They gotta make their $$$ too. The loyal RIM consumers haven't left the minds of their Dev. Team at all, I'm sure of it.

Sent from space using Tapatalk
    CDM76, shaleem, Morty2264 and 1 others like this.
    05-01-12 06:13 PM
    LEt him leave!!!have fun with the bitten fruit phone.
    05-01-12 06:14 PM
    I don't see the urgency. I plan on getting a 9930 in another month or so. I don't think RIM is dropping support for BBOS anytime soon.
    05-01-12 06:18 PM
    Yeah ofcourse we all love our blackberry's exactly how they are. But the market is getting tough to compete with, RIM is appealing to the masses that don't like the vintage style of BB that we do, and there's nothing wrong with that. They gotta make their $$$ too. The loyal RIM consumers haven't left the minds of their Dev. Team at all, I'm sure of it.

Great point! definitely love my blackberry! it does everything I want and is very effective at it! the integration is amazing!! but like you said they can't survive in the mobile market with the phones and OS they were releasing...BB10 is their new OS, and its still a BlackBerry! so its not like you are using an Android now or something, RIM will make sure that BB10 delivers the same integration and functions we all love with our current BB's but introduce new and exciting features (Rewind/Timeline Camera)...will be an upgraded enhanced BB OS and I can NOT wait for it to be released! Hopefully people who love the old BBOS can learn to love and appreciate the power of BB10!
    05-01-12 06:21 PM
    As stated before, where are you going to go since you hate all the android wannabes? LOL! Just chill anwait a while. If your on a 9900 you still have plenty of time to use it till something does come out. Why would you speculate all these things just after day 1 of BlackBerry jam? So the point is BlackBerry isn't going to fail unless they don't do drastic changes and your phone isn't even a year old. So use it till you can or see something different
    05-01-12 06:21 PM
    The whole reason I love blackberry is for the keyboard and their OS. The build, style, being able to do everything is such an easy integrated way. It's so convenient for me. Nothing can compare to the Bold 9900. Phone always comes first for me.

The ONLY thing BB's lack are the specs. They are not up to par with the latest Androids and IPhones.

If you make a Bold 9900 or something very similar to the bold, and the OS not changing its prime features with the same specs then i'm a BB owner for life.

I don't like big phones. I don't like all touch screens. I don't even like the swipe unlock thingy.

RIM, you don't have to make a complete make over. The specs is what it's all about. Or just have variety.

Or else I'm jumping ship in a heart beat. No reason to have a BB if it's just going to be another android.

If that happens, Rim will surely fail.
    So because RIM is making positive change you will "Jump ship". Really... And in doing so "Rim will surely fail"....

I'm so glad that the consumer spoke back in the day, other wise we all be driving Henry Fords Model T in Black.
    05-01-12 06:35 PM

RIM, you don't have to make a complete make over. The specs is what it's all about.
    If you honestly believe that last line you've confirmed to us all that your opinion has little, if any, value. It is not now, nor has it ever been, about "specs." RIM has known this from the beginning. Maybe one day you will, too.
    05-01-12 06:38 PM
    Blackberry has a lot of things right. You obviously recognize that. at the same time, if they do not change then they will go under and you will have no more blackberry to be proud of. Yes, there will be changes to the operating system and they will make some new phone models, but they know that they have an entire army of blackberry users who love what they already have. RIM is not going to abandon their current user base. They will keep what is good and add on top of it. Don't give up hope!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-01-12 06:46 PM
    I somewhat agree with the OP, but I'll be satisfied as long as they add a track pad and a keyboard (which I'm aware is coming in the future), along with a way (or an app) to configure home screen keyboard shortcuts. The convenience key would be nice too, but I'll make due without it.
    shemaree09 and Morty2264 like this.
    05-01-12 06:48 PM
    So because RIM is making positive change you will "Jump ship". Really... And in doing so "Rim will surely fail"....

I'm so glad that the consumer spoke back in the day, other wise we all be driving Henry Fords Model T in Black.

Hahaha.

05-01-12 06:51 PM
    If BlackBerry changes we should all just throw our phones down in protest and cry because change is mean and new things are scary and impatience is what we were all raised on.......I quit, BB10 is going to be far to amazing and i may have to wait a couple of extra months for a BB10 device with a keyboard and the device they released today doesn't even make phone calls and i don't get one and this isn't fair and RIM owes me big time because i bought a device and it doesn't get super advanced software that my device can't handle.........who else is as upset as me???
    05-01-12 07:33 PM
    How exactly do you get from

to

If that happens, Rim will surely fail
    ?

I mean, how many BlackBerrys do you own?
    05-01-12 07:51 PM
    The type of phone you carry is your personal choice. I don't like droids or apples but some do. They are not gonna fail if me and a hand full of vain people don't like them. That's just stupid. If you choose a different device well good buy and use what makes you happy. Just remember the world doesn't revolve around you.
    05-01-12 07:54 PM
    i really wanna know what you are going to switch to! it is eating me up inside!!! tell us....please
    shaleem likes this.
    05-01-12 08:00 PM
    So you don't like androids or the iphone and if bb changes to touchscreen what are you going to use wp7 which 99% are all touchscreens? Please do enlighten us to what phone you are going to use? Maybe break out a pre or pixi for the keyboard?
    05-01-12 08:23 PM
  25. T
    Maybe I'll switch to a Sectera Edge.
    05-01-12 08:31 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD