With BlackBerry now in the licensing business model for their handset business, which companies do you think would be interested?
    I've wondered about BB10 with android runtime since the very beginning. Also since BlackBerry has done work on securing android.
    Is there a bigger play here in the Android space with BB10 being the destination?
    Does BB10 lend itself better to end to end security than secured Android?
    Does Alphabet (Google) think that BB10 lends itself to interface with its products better than Android does?
    Google has shown in their handset business that they usually get another manufacturer to produce handsets for them.
    What would make BB10 better than Android for artificial intelligence? Is Alphabet working on this?
    I personally don't think BlackBerry is dead. Not by a long shot. I just think that the handset business is the tip of the smart electronics iceberg.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-11-16 09:50 AM
    Right in front of me. ;-)
    10-11-16 09:53 AM
    If you have an enterprise solution with a very closed and secure architecture and if you need managed end devices, that's where BlackBerry had their strengths back in their better days.

However, nowadays many devices can offer something like that and security is often good enough. Plus there are several mobile device management software suppliers offering such solutions for almost any device.

So, that's where it already gets difficult. What's really the advantage of having a BlackBerry? What are their USPs?

10-11-16 02:39 PM
    Smart TVs are slow and always dumb, BlackBerry10 would be faster and more usable.

But if BlackBerry10 would be a fine OS for a billion applications, the problem would arise with processor compatibility and the custom drivers...

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 02:47 PM
    BB was the last of the PKB's, that's why I stayed and that's what I wish they'd put out an all Android version of before they completely close the door. I was hoping for an Android 9700 or Classic...
    10-11-16 02:49 PM
    10-11-16 03:03 PM
    When thinking about asking this, the thought in my mind was actually the Google car.
    I know that QNX does a lot of in car stuff. But having a drive by wire automobile is a lot different than what we are asking automobiles to do nowadays.
    Does BlackBerry's expertise in building BB10 on QNX make it easier to connect handsets to other devices like an automobile?

10-11-16 04:22 PM
    With BlackBerry now in the licensing business model for their handset business, which companies do you think would be interested?
    For bb10? Nobody.

I've wondered about BB10 with android runtime since the very beginning. Also since BlackBerry has done work on securing android.
    Is there a bigger play here in the Android space with BB10 being the destination?
    No - give anyone who licensed BB10 would have to strip the runtime out.

Does BB10 lend itself better to end to end security than secured Android?
    Debatable at present, no in future simply because only one is being actively developed.

Does Alphabet (Google) think that BB10 lends itself to interface with its products better than Android does?
    As much chance of this as tim cook announcing the iPhone 8 will run webOS.

Google has shown in their handset business that they usually get another manufacturer to produce handsets for them.
    OK

What would make BB10 better than Android for artificial intelligence?
    Nothing.

Is Alphabet working on this?
    Without a doubt.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-11-16 04:22 PM
    Noone will license BB10 unless Blackberry start actively developing the software properly.
    Like move it into the modern age instead of piddly little updates to keep it barely going.

If Blackberry cant commit to that, dont expect anyone else to
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-16 06:50 AM
    Based on how long it has taken to get out one promised security patch... I'd say that BB10 has very little use in today fast past world.

QNX, the heart of BB10, will live on in automitive and any number of products that require a low cost embedded software solution. But no one needs the Frankenstein's monster that BB10 became.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-16 07:13 AM