Let's say that apple, sansung, LG, Nokia and all carriers still made keyboard phones on a mass scale. Would you get one?

The typo keyboard made me wonder this. If apple made a keyboard phone that ran ios would you get it? If there were a Samsung galaxy with a keyboard would you get it? A Motorola droid razr keyboard phone?

All legal, stuff aside, this is just a hypothetical.

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    01-25-14 08:13 PM
    I wouldn't. I have a touchscreen BlackBerry lol
    01-25-14 08:15 PM
    No. I prefer touchscreens. The only way I would consider a keyboard is if someone can actually come out with a slim and sleek slider.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    01-25-14 08:59 PM
    I have my Q10 because I need a real keyboard. Initially I thought that most things were geared towards the iPhone. However, I'd never join that bandwagon. I love my new phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 09:16 PM
    Perhaps. Especially if it was from a Canadian company. I don't like Android OS (have a thing against open source). If Apple did a keyboard variant... I would consider it highly.
    01-25-14 09:25 PM
    I actually wouldn't. I love the BlackBerry 10 OS.

In all honestly, the only reason I see iOS up there, is because of its simplicity and app selection.
    Not to mention it was there early, so people have adjusted to it, and don't want to try something new.

As for Android phones, I only see the "free-ness", customisability, and app selection as the standing matters.

I honestly think BB10 is a better OS overall, because of the features it has the other OS's don't.
    It stands with its hub, flow, gestures, and a lot of other built in things that you'll need to download on the other OS's. Something new.

I use my BB10 because of the OS and not the keyboard.

Note that this is all from personal experience.

BlackBerry Z10 / 10.2.0.1791
    coachshawks likes this.
    01-25-14 09:55 PM
    HTC made HTC Cha Cha that's still sold today at ludicruous price (the same as a q5) and people still go for it, (BlackBerry perception issue). there is a market, but its not being serviced properly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-25-14 09:55 PM
    HTC made HTC Cha Cha that's still sold today at ludicruous price (the same as a q5) and people still go for it, (BlackBerry perception issue). there is a market, but its not being serviced properly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Wait, you've actually seen people buy it? Even now?$

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 10:10 PM
    I think there would be a small market for them. I would not buy one as I would rather stay with blackberry but my son was just saying today that he wished apple would make a phone with keyboards like the Q. He would grab one the minute available.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 10:46 PM
    I start using BlackBerry because of physical keyboard, but after being a BlackBerry user for 3 years, I think there is more than that to keep my BlackBerry.

Btw can't imagine a Samsung or Apple keyboard phone, can be awkward tho.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    01-25-14 11:29 PM
    It seems that Android keyboard phones are still relatively available. Just not strong sellers...

http://www.androidauthority.com/best...phones-335748/

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-26-14 02:03 AM
    Wait, you've actually seen people buy it? Even now?$

Posted via CB10
    People will still buy them. Though for 1-2 friends I told them it was better to grab a Q5,

Now I just.. *snigger* at them.
    01-26-14 02:10 AM
    They won't because they think it's outdated.
    They also failed with the HTC Chacha

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.1925
    01-26-14 02:14 AM
    Highly doubt it. Wasnt the HTC Chacha a huge fail? only sold in the tens of thouands ...?

People will still buy them. Though for 1-2 friends I told them it was better to grab a Q5,

Now I just.. *snigger* at them.
    01-26-14 02:17 AM
    I use BlackBerrys for the keyboards, but I also like the brand and having a BlackBerry.

I don't want an Android or a phone from Apple.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 03:06 AM
    Highly doubt it. Wasnt the HTC Chacha a huge fail? only sold in the tens of thouands ...?
    It was considered a small success here, especially given the fact that the carriers got on board with this phone, giving very special data plans for facebook usage (which later, when the carriers found out that they could just monetize better to every prepaid users by offering a similar package)..

and it all began with a BlackBerry (because BlackBerry users enjoyed that sort of data plans on BIS before anything).

But yes, it was marketted against the Curves, and it was to a certain extent successful, but the Curves were not done in by this, they were done in more by the cheaper high end Androids you can get from the likes of Xiaomi (which obliterated the bracket price), since it was like the price of a Moto G (if you don't ship it), and yet you get a spec that was as good as the high end Samsungs back then.

So users who wanted a HTC Cha Cha, would think twice over on those Chinese phones.
    However, the market that carriers were trying to pitch it against was the HTC Cha Cha vs the BlackBerry curves. The carriers made better margins for promoting the HTC Cha Cha compared to the Curves. (this was first hand info from a friend who USED [note the past tense]) to work for one of the bigger telcos in my place.)
    01-26-14 06:47 AM
    I had a HTC One before I bought my Q10. Sometimes I see people have that phone in their hand, and I'm thinking wow it looks nice, why did I give up that phone, after using it 3 months?

The answer is, that Q10 was released, and physical keyboard was my highest preference. But today, I think still the HTC One is really hot, but I simply wouldn't go back to HTC for 2 reasons:

1) Android is not productive and user-friendly
    2) Love my physical keyboard on Q10.

But I was thinking that it would be nice to buy Htc One with BB OS 10.2 if that was been possible

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:26 AM
    No. The virtual keyboard on the Z10 is just one of many things that I prefer.

Now that I think about it, it's a whole bunch of little things. It would be hard to market BB10 to the average consumer in a 30-second spot because there's just sooo much to show but it's really a whole bunch of "little" features like great call quality and signal strength, excellent turn by turn directions, toast notifications and things like how apps integrate and work with core functionalities so well. It would be very difficult to distill it to a message that would resonate with the average consumer who is, let's face it, of average intelligence.

I really think they will slay in the enterprise market though. A ten minute pitch to someone who has their eye on the bottom line is a slam dunk for BlackBerry.
    01-26-14 08:58 AM
    I think that if Apple made a keyboard-iPhone, keyboards would become popular again.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    01-26-14 09:07 AM
    I think that if Apple made a keyboard-iPhone, keyboards would become popular again.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    That would probably have adverse effects on blackberry's position. Keyboards will be popular but blackberry will still be blackberry in the eyes of the average consumer. That niche market will now have options. BlackBerry will need to have better reasons for ppl to stay or come to BB. All this assuming the Apple's (and other manufacturer's) keyboard is worth a da mn.

Posted via CB10 via Q10
    01-26-14 10:02 AM
    Let's say that apple, samsung, LG, Nokia and all carriers still made keyboard phones on a mass scale. Would you get one?
    Assuming the keyboard on the competing device was designed and functioned nearly like the keyboard on the 9900 (personal preference), then I am open to the device. I would opt for a BlackBerry first if the two keyboard devices have specific benefits within their OS, such as homescreen shortcuts. If neither keyboard device provided a particular benefit beyond the platform itself, assuming the platforms had negligible differences, it would be a toss up between BlackBerry and a portrait slider from Nokia. So yes, I would consider getting one.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 01-26-14 at 03:06 PM. Reason: minor wording changes
    01-26-14 10:24 AM
    LG thinks there's still interest for QWERTY sliders: Latest LG phone leak keeps hope alive for keyboard lovers

As for me, I'm really not interested in a QWERTY phone as a daily driver anymore. However, I wouldn't be opposed to one as a secondary device. And if I'm going to get a QWERTY phone it may as well be a BlackBerry!
    01-26-14 12:26 PM
    Apple would definitely make keyboard phones popular again. They did it with the tablet didn't they? With the typo keyboard being designed for iphones, this just adds to it. If the typo is selling so well, so much that they're in a lawsuit about it, and you ban it's sale in the US, it doesn't take much to figure apples power with the consumer. Apple fans would buy anything.

I'm a BlackBerry fan, of the OS and the keyboard, but I think if apple made a keyboard phone it would totally sink BlackBerry worse than they are now.

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    01-26-14 02:58 PM
    No because it's more than the keyboard. It's the OS behind it that I really like.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 05:26 PM