You think I misspelled 'politics'. I did not. Sorinv gets it. You don't. *

*on this particular subject

Posted via CB10
    Nope, two of my ex-es speak German. Still has nothing to do with the the 'Chinese ' topic we were talking about.
    05-11-16 09:47 PM
    Nope, two of my ex-es speak German. Still has nothing to do with the the 'Chinese ' topic we were talking about.
    Communists kill opposition in utero, before they can mount a credible challenge. To accomplish this, they must surveil. This is why communist dictatorships are paranoid. The reason you don't see official killing (as opposed to massive anti-White, inter-racial crime in the West, a kind of proxy war) is because they uproot the plant before the flower has a chance to bloom.

But you are correct that your ex-girlfriends' language proclivities are irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 10:09 PM
    Communists kill opposition in utero, before they can mount a credible challenge. To accomplish this, they must surveil. This is why communist dictatorships are paranoid. The reason you don't see official killing (as opposed to massive anti-White, inter-racial crime in the West, a kind of proxy war) is because they uproot the plant before the flower has a chance to bloom.

But you are correct that your ex-girlfriends' language proclivities are irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    This statement of yours is partially correct, the truth is once you have control of the mass media, there is rarely any sense in launching a surveillance and spying program over a population of 1.5 billion people. As I said before, censorship is definitely more efficient. If they can't hear and see what's happening, then they won't react.

Another thing is that the communist rule is simply too powerful and too stable to take any civil opposition seriously, The US hated communism to their bones, but what could they do? Look at the believers of Falungong, they burnt themselves to death and hardly made any differences.

Also we do see crimes and official killing, we all know it happens, but any discussion online will be deleted, if lucky some would be left.
    05-11-16 10:29 PM
    "The Life of Others"
    Very good film! Sorry off-topic. I'll see myself out.
    05-11-16 10:40 PM
    This statement of yours is partially correct, the truth is once you have control of the mass media, there is rarely any sense in launching a surveillance and spying program over a population of 1.5 billion people. As I said before, censorship is definitely more efficient. If they can't hear and see what's happening, then they won't react.

Another thing is that the communist rule is simply too powerful and too stable to take any civil opposition seriously, The US hated communism to their bones, but what could they do? Look at the believers of Falungong, they burnt themselves to death and hardly made any differences.

Also we do see crimes and official killing, we all know it happens, but any discussion online will be deleted, if lucky some would be left.
    To censor something you must have first performed surveillance to know that that which you censor exists.
    You do not need high tech for surveillance, although that makes it even more efficient (and therein lies the danger today with IoT and cellphones). In the movie, they used some technology (advanced at the time) colleagues, co-workers, acquaintances, friends, and family to report on each other.
    When surveillance is pervasive, and everyone in society is aware of it, people change their behaviour, they are scared, they can be easily bullied and blackmailed, they start to censor themselves, they act and think differently, and are less creative than in a free society.
    Last edited by sorinv; 05-12-16 at 07:40 AM.
    05-11-16 11:17 PM
    Every mobile phone currently in use, regardless of carrier or platform, is potentially a surveillance device for the government (or the carrier). So, why would anyone carry a cellphone? And the power company monitors your power usage and will report you to the government if you use a lot. Same with your water or garbage service.

Maybe we should all live in a cabin in the woods, using wood for heat, a stream for water, and a trench in the ground as a toilet. Then we'd be safe from government attention.

Oh, damn! I forgot about the tax man (property taxes)! And the DRONES! OMG, the DRONES! There's no escape!!!

Or...

You could realize that to live a modern lifestyle, with terrific tools like modern smartphones to help you work and be productive in all kinds of ways, you need to be using a platform that is widely supported. That means iOS or Android, or maybe WinPhone - which means you're dealing with Apple, Google (Alphabet), or Microsoft - all of whom are giant corporations who, out of necessity, have to work with the government on certain issues, and all of whom openly admit to keeping and using your data (oh, and so does BlackBerry, as they also openly admit in their Terms Of Service). BB has also been working closely with Google - and Samsung - for the last couple of years. So, if you want to use a smartphone, there is "no escape."

Except, of course, that with all of these services, there are tools available to limit the data you give to those companies. Of course, the more you limit, the more reduced your functionality is, but that allows everyone to balance their own functionality-to-paranoia equation.
    To compare smartphone privacy with your electricity, garbage, water and taxes is a pathetic argument at best.

There's a reason why our electricity water and taxes are monitored and in no way fall into the same category as smartphone usage.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 12:57 AM
    Android is crap. I dont want it.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 04:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Young man you can't leave the table until you finish your Android and no dropping it on the floor for the dog either.
    GadgetTravel, TgeekB and Polt like this.
    05-14-16 11:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's also the number 1 selling crap in the world.
    05-15-16 06:52 AM
    Because it's cheap crap.

Posted from my  Z10 via CB10
    05-15-16 07:12 AM
    Because it's cheap crap.

Keep believing that. Such a narrow viewpoint.
    05-15-16 07:13 AM
    Keep believing that. Such a narrow viewpoint.
    No, it's not. The growth in Android market share has been in low-end to mid-range devices more than high-end devices. People in Africa, Asia, South America, etc. are not all buying Galaxy Notes.

05-15-16 09:25 AM
    No, it's not. The growth in Android market share has been in low-end to mid-range devices more than high-end devices. People in Africa, Asia, South America, etc. are not all buying Galaxy Notes.

Have you used a "low end" Android device lately? Price is not always an indicator of true value. That is why Android is succeeding. People don't need to spend $700 to have a very capable device.
    05-15-16 10:17 AM
    Have you used a "low end" Android device lately? Price is not always an indicator of true value. That is why Android is succeeding. People don't need to spend $700 to have a very capable device.
    I never said it wasn't capable crap.

I have a Moto G 2014. It's laggy and certainly not the best quality hardware, but yes, it is very capable. I could use it as my daily driver if I had to. But I bought it because it was cheap, not because it was the best option available.

05-15-16 10:48 AM
    I never said it wasn't capable crap.

I have a Moto G 2014. It's laggy and certainly not the best quality hardware, but yes, it is very capable. I could use it as my daily driver if I had to. But I bought it because it was cheap, not because it was the best option available.

I have a Moto G 2015. Not laggy and capable as a daily driver for work and personal use. Maybe people have different needs and perceptions?
    05-15-16 10:54 AM
    I have a Moto G 2015. Not laggy and capable as a daily driver for work and personal use. Maybe people have different needs and perceptions?
    Of course. This is all highly subjective.

05-15-16 10:57 AM
    Of course. This is all highly subjective.

Agreed. That's why blanket statements don't mean much. I don't mean to argue, just attempt to see things from different viewpoints which helps us to learn more.
    05-15-16 11:03 AM
    Agreed. That's why blanket statements don't mean much. I don't mean to argue, just attempt to see things from different viewpoints which helps us to learn more.
    As do I. But I won't shy away from expressing my opinions, either.

It is my opinion that low-end Android phones being sold in emerging markets are indeed crap. But they're cheap, so people buy them. And that's how Android has been able to dominate.

05-15-16 11:06 AM
    As do I. But I won't shy away from expressing my opinions, either.

It is my opinion that low-end Android phones being sold in emerging markets are indeed crap. But they're cheap, so people buy them. And that's how Android has been able to dominate.

And here we are full circle.

Have a great day.
    05-15-16 11:09 AM
    And this crap "sell" users!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-15-16 02:33 PM
    And here we are full circle.

Have a great day.
    You, too!

TgeekB likes this.
    05-15-16 03:06 PM
    It's not Android that people want, it's the million or so apps that are available on Google Play Store that make Android attractive. If BlackBerry had an equally vibrant app store we would have people flocking to it also.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    05-15-16 06:05 PM
    It's not Android that people want, it's the million or so apps that are available on Google Play Store that make Android attractive. If BlackBerry had an equally vibrant app store we would have people flocking to it also.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    Sure, if they would have had BB10 about 6 years ago with an App Store then yeah, it might have done better.
    05-15-16 07:16 PM
    Sure, if they would have had BB10 about 6 years ago with an App Store then yeah, it might have done better.
    Surely it would have. BB10 doesn't have to be shelved now also, it still has potential to succeed. Right now BB10's only disadvantage is the app gap. That can be sorted when BlackBerry management becomes serious about selling BB10 phone

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    05-16-16 11:45 AM
    Surely it would have. BB10 doesn't have to be shelved now also, it still has potential to succeed. Right now BB10's only disadvantage is the app gap. That can be sorted when BlackBerry management becomes serious about selling BB10 phone

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    How do you make other people build their apps for BlackBerry? They weren't interested before when BlackBerry was pushing them hard (and offering cash and support incentives), so they certainly won't be now with BlackBerry's 0.3% market share.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-16-16 12:52 PM
191 ... 45678