Being positive, let's say Blackberry shall work its way out of its problems.
    There is no way to know when this shall be visible, in what way, to whom.

In the late 90's, long before the year 2000, I knew someone who was keen on buying Apple shares. He told people he was going to start buying Apple shares. I wondered about him, years later when Apple share value was high.

If he had done "Dollar Cost Averaging" (search that term) for a few years, and then kept the shares for years, he would have enjoyed seeing the shares gain value. This process took years. Along the way the positive thinkers were right. But it took years. For many years, Apple's share value didn't go up fast. Then, after almost all their problems were solved, the share value began moving up a lot faster than before. This all took many years. My friend was announcing he was going to start buying Apple shares, 15 years ago. Ten years later if he had "bought and held" he would have been the owner of large capital gains.

The OP asked a question, which shows their ignorance. Before BlackBerry shares go up in value by a large margin, the company has to fix many of its problems. It's a sad time. Sorry for helping you feel sad.
    12-03-13 03:16 PM
    By the way, Air Canada has now gone up about 1000% in 18 months.

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-03-13 06:35 PM
    By the way, Air Canada has now gone up about 1000% in 18 months.

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    There is a company that should have gone out of business LONG ago

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 04:09 PM
    This argument about it being wrong to blame the media for poor sales is absurd. The media has a strong, and direct influence on public perception, and anyone who wants to argue that the media hasn't biased both the salespeople and the public against BlackBerry is dreaming. That is not to say that BlackBerry did a good job of advertising the Z10 when it came out, or that they have done a good job advertising BB10 in general, or that they weren't foolish for not publicly addressing the media claims. The fact is, though, that the media have been rabid and irrational in their relentless negativity, and that has killed sales. All you have to do is ask someone why they chant 'BlackBerry is dead'...where did they get this from? it's almost always the same language - the same words. People repeat what they hear from others - it's normal human behaviour. Thankfully, I think that the BlackBerry is dead stuff is slowly going to fade away in 2014 if BlackBerry don't do anything foolish, and continue to bring out smaller numbers of increasingly excellent phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 04:23 PM
    +100...media has contributed significantly to public perception of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:23 PM
    +100...media has contributed significantly to public perception of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    But so has BlackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:27 PM
    This argument about it being wrong to blame the media for poor sales is absurd. The media has a strong, and direct influence on public perception, and anyone who wants to argue that the media hasn't biased both the salespeople and the public against BlackBerry is dreaming. That is not to say that BlackBerry did a good job of advertising the Z10 when it came out, or that they have done a good job advertising BB10 in general, or that they weren't foolish for not publicly addressing the media claims. The fact is, though, that the media have been rabid and irrational in their relentless negativity, and that has killed sales. All you have to do is ask someone why they chant 'BlackBerry is dead'...where did they get this from? it's almost always the same language - the same words. People repeat what they hear from others - it's normal human behaviour. Thankfully, I think that the BlackBerry is dead stuff is slowly going to fade away in 2014 if BlackBerry don't do anything foolish, and continue to bring out smaller numbers of increasingly excellent phones.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Aside from Chen's public statements regarding his faith in BlackBerrys financial strength, he has kept his mouth shut and kept BlackBerry out of the media. This is step one in reversing their negative public perception.

Like all other media targets, people will eventually give up on bashing BlackBerry and they will be back on a level playing field. At which time, people will judge them for their products, not based on trying to be cool.
    12-07-13 11:15 PM
    At which time, people will judge them for their products, not based on trying to be cool.
    I'm sure that very many people are judging BB based on their products, and coming to the conclusion that they'd be better off with a non-BB phone.

BB10 was actually a downgrade for BB7 users when it was released given all the "we haven't implemented that yet" features. I know that I looked at a Z10 then, laughed at the incompleteness of it, and moved on.

So I agree with you. When the best thing you can say about your products is that, after loading an unsupported, leaked OS, they are on a par with the features other phones provide out of the box... and, when you add that this leaked OS also allows you to install mostly working Apps that have been "acquired" from a rival platform's appstore, well... it's probably best BB say nothing at all.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 12-08-13 at 04:26 AM.
    12-08-13 04:08 AM
    Why stop there? 10 years ago AAPL was at $10 a share.
    Yep... ten years ago, Apple had:

Two years of phenomenal success with the iPod and iTunes, essentially redefining consumer music

100 (?) Apple Stores, the most profitable per square foot multi-location stores in history

Two years experience with the iTunes store, which paved the way for the first commercially successful App store and the largest volume of accounts with credit cards on file in the world

iTunes for Windows ready to launch, dramatically broadening the market for iPod and iTunes, and serving as a primary conversion tool once folks realized that a different user experience was available.

Two years experience with Mac OS X (10.3 Panther), which allowed users to surrender their old legacy Apple OS.

Two years of sales records for the PowerBook, establishing a form factor which remained the standard of the industry for ten years

The largest screen laptop sold in the world

Five years experience selling iMac all in ones, which simplified connected computing, killed the floppy drive, significantly contributed to the acceptance of USB, and remain a large profit driver

About 90% of the work completed that would be required to go to Intel processors in Macs, which contributed to improved price/performance and allowed Apple to eventually capture more profit from PC's each year than the rest of the market combined

Steve Jobs, Tim Cook Jony Ive, Chuck Forstall, Peter Oppenheimer and a bunch of others I'm forgetting.

But BlackBerry has Thorsten Heins oops, nope John Chen. And Alicia Keys. And BBM.

edit - All of the above wasn't enough to take the stock from ~$10 to ~$600. They also had to develop and launch the iPhone, change how phones are sold, take the relationship power away from the carriers, take the dominant profit share of the industry, become the world's aspirational phone, totally destroy the market positions of entrenched leaders like Nokia and Blackberry, launch the first successful tablet as the fastest adopted consumer product ever, and more.

But yeah, it could happen again I suppose. Anything's possible.
    Last edited by Cashgap; 12-11-13 at 08:12 AM.
    JeepBB, Davidro1 and Roo Zilla like this.
    12-10-13 04:03 PM
34 12