Been searching for real news on the future of DC on iDen (not PTT) for the Berry. Frustration. First its no real news, then its conjecture but really PTT and not DC and then Sprint is discontinuing the iDen network and then its announcing huge news but later in the year. And so. My 7520 is toast (again) and really why use a phone thats not full QWERTY. I love the berry but need the DC for business. I read a post from April that Sprint CEO Dan Hesse announced at CTIA that Sprint will be bringing the addictive smartphone goodness of the BlackBerry to Nextel customers still loyal to the iDEN network-based service.
    blackberryforums.pinstack.com/
    So what's the juice! My people at RIM are not talking. Pah. Stupid berry making me want more! I need a new DC full QWERTY berry sweetness!
    06-18-08 03:55 PM
    The rumour I heard from a sprint sales rep was there will be a new iden only BB coming this summer...
    06-18-08 07:32 PM
    November 2008. Spoke to the RIM and Sprint reps yesterday. The specs were not made known, but the size should be about the same as the Curve, but a bit thicker.

Will have more details soon.
    06-18-08 07:53 PM
    Does this mean that the same crappy phone service (IDEN) will be on the BB with PTT or Direct Connect? SPRINT screws up again if thats the case...
    06-23-08 05:30 PM
    How about a new bb running on the sprint network with qchat?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD