Finally made the switch to BB, in large part to the reading of this forum. I went with the 9810 through AT&T and love the phone, especially compared to my previous phone, which was a Samsung Captivate Android.

However, I can not for the life of me seem to be able to set up one of my work email accounts using BIS. All I get when I go through the complete set up is error messages stating a user name or password is wrong. I know I am using the correct information, as I have had that account set up on previous phones. Just in case though, I have tried various permutations of my user name, mailbox name, and domain, all to no avail. I can access the OWA site from any browser, including from my Torch with no problem. I have tried to follow all of the KB articles, including making sure that Exchange Web Services is turned on. Nothing seems to work.

I need help. And was hoping somebody might have a tip or pointer; anything I can tell my IT guy to look for? Any changes needed on our server, which is MS 2010? I've tried calling AT&T but with no luck. Any help will be appreciated as I really want to be able to use my BB.

Thanks.
    09-08-11 11:38 AM
    You may have already checked this, but it got me for about a day before I figured it out...

In your email server name field, make sure it starts with "https" (secure address) instead of just "http". Unless the exchange server is actually not secured.

Different servers may have it set differently, but our user name as set in the BIS is "domain name\mailbox name". And it has to be a backslash between the names.

That's all I have to offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 05:08 PM
    09-08-11 05:20 PM
    I believe that John gave you the proper link and hit it right on the head especially about making sure the server is set up for Outlook Mail or it will not work, Show this article to your IT guy, he should understand it and go from there.

Good job on the answer John!
    09-08-11 06:12 PM
    I do greatly appreciate the replies, but those were exactly the things I did, repeatedly, to no avail. And as I hopefully mentioned, I can, and often do, access this email from a web browser using OWA, including from my BB. Still can't get the account to set up though.

Assuming that all of my settings are correct, could it have anything to do with our security certificate?

And if I can't get it to work, what options do I have? Any forwarding programs that will work with BIS and the 9810?

Thanks again.
    09-09-11 12:06 PM
    Same here. Have a co-worker with an iPhone. All he did was enter his email address and password and poof! Instant work email access. I've tried and tried with every combination of settings I can think of and the Blackberry simply cannot get access to that same email unless we pay for a BES account. IMO it's a weakness of the BB.
    Last edited by Sandman333; 09-10-11 at 11:35 AM.
    mithrazor likes this.
    09-09-11 08:09 PM
    Same here. Have a co-worker with an iPhone. All he did was enter his email address and phone number and poof! Instant work email access. I've tried and tried with every combination of settings I can think of and the Blackberry simply cannot get access to that same email unless we pay for a BES account. IMO it's a weakness of the BB.
    Yeah. I think RIM should implement a regular email. Push I think it's called? And then the BIS would be Pull.

Idk how this email stuff works. But I want email on my phone but I don't have a data plan so I can't.
    09-09-11 11:53 PM
    I think the problem some are having is that on OS7 devices there is no option to input the "mailbox name" as with previous devices. There is a step missing when done from the device. I configured it on a 9700 and then tried the same thing on a 9900, and no luck. There is no seperate "mailbox" field to enter info into. I believe the only solution is to create the account through your BIS login on your PC. However, many are having no luck logging into their BIS accounts on their computers.
    09-22-11 06:53 PM
    The "mailbox name" should go after the OWA url. For examples, the url should be something like https:// webmail.company.com/exchange/John.Smith

where John.Smith is your "mailbox name"
    10-14-11 09:10 PM
    I have discovered the same with the missing "mailbox name" field. I cannot login to BIS either, it says I have to do everything from my phone. I've seen on other forums about calling Verizon and they can manually put this information in, but that's just annoying! Why do I want to call them for everything when I used to be able to do everything myself? Wish they would complete an update to fix this error, because lots of people are having this issue!
    11-07-11 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD