Hi all,

I have a very special request, but I have to tell you what I got so far to explain what I want:

I am a happy BB user for about 10 years or so. My actual device a 9700, before I had a 9000.

Im using my BB very often for geocaching (found about 1500 caches with my BBs), TrekBuddy is my favorite software for this.
    As I switched from 9000 to 9700 I found out that the GPS postition was much more accurate in my 9000. So I decided to get a 9000 again just for geocaching and leave my 9700 for everything else

So what I want to get with my "new" 9000 (got a nearly new one from eBay yesterday) is the following:

• No BB services with this device
    • Being able to use the browser if connected to a WiFi network
    • Nearly none of the default apps required, just the Browser and Calculator
    • Browser should be able to run local files (I wrote some browser tools for geocaching)
    • If possible, being able to use a prepaid SIM for basic network things, i.e. let the GPS receiver get AGPS data (almanachs) over network for a faster GPS fix.

So what OS should I take? A hybrid? Shrink down the latest official?

And what tweaks have to be done to get basic networking running whithout using BB services on this device?

Thanks so far
    Stefan
    12-23-11 02:53 AM
    Try my DelftEo BB9000 V7.2 hybrid at this forum, it has a great memory about 43mb with empty OS and NO mem leaks.
    The browser is very fast.
    Delete your service books you don't need (internet etc.) for basic networking only.
    When you don't set your apn settings it will not work with (wap) internet.
    A hybrid nice and fast.
    Try it.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 12-23-11 at 04:06 PM.
    12-23-11 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD