Okay so I have an idea to add something to the set-up screen of the BlackBerry OS, something that could be tied to a marketing campaign about BlackBerry being an extension of individual personalities bla bla bla..

Basically part of the set-up would ask a few questions about the individual (assume new user for now), to try and gauge their personality and by extension what options they are likely to like and therefore preset them (there could even be an option to quickly go through each of the suggested options allowing the user to change if they have the time).. I know it might seem highly inaccurate but this is something that could get more intelligent with time and really make life easier for users, especially as options increase more and more..

For pre-existing users would be the option to simply enter their bbid and pull in their preferences which would be tied to their bbid..

I'm suggesting something like this because after (somehow) convincing my sister to upgrade to a Passport last year, when I spoke to her recently she felt that there are lots of options and sometimes it's overwhelming to the point that she just doesn't use certain features because it's an effort to activate them.

Thoughts?

P.s. This may seem disjointed because I've rewritten it for the third time, pls pls Crackberry coders add a prompt to the 'cancel' button, or at least a draft feature..

Check Out TechCraze
    04-05-15 07:05 AM
    The BB10 setup screen consumes a great amount of time as it is. Enterprise customers just want to get through it as quickly as possible. Unless they make it as an optional feature? Still, not sure there's a competitive advantage in implementing what you propose.
    04-05-15 09:28 AM
    The BB10 setup screen consumes a great amount of time as it is. Enterprise customers just want to get through it as quickly as possible. Unless they make it as an optional feature? Still, not sure there's a competitive advantage in implementing what you propose.
    Yup would be completely optional, and whislt the set up screen may be time consuming what about the time these customers will spend modifying the various options to their taste? This would save from that time too,

Regarding competitive advantage in my initial post I commented about how I believe BlackBerry needs to understand and act on why they exist and look more inward rather than outward, but in any case BlackBerry is a very unique company competing in many different ways, I'm looking at how it can serve it's customers better which I believe this will do, increasing loyalty etc.

And it makes it (theoretically) easier to set up and go.. pick up any BlackBerry phone make it your own in a few seconds and off you go!

Check Out TechCraze
    04-05-15 09:47 AM
    This actually sounds very familiar. I'm pretty sure one of my old phones had something like this. I want to say an old version of Sense, like in the Sensation or Amaze era. IIRC it was part of the device setup where you'd tick boxes regarding your interests and it would put apps on and widgets on your home screen relating to the boxes you checked. Or maybe it had to do with the information it displayed on the lock screen? Or both? Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
    04-05-15 12:26 PM
    This actually sounds very familiar. I'm pretty sure one of my old phones had something like this. I want to say an old version of Sense, like in the Sensation or Amaze era. IIRC it was part of the device setup where you'd tick boxes regarding your interests and it would put apps on and widgets on your home screen relating to the boxes you checked. Or maybe it had to do with the information it displayed on the lock screen? Or both? Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
    A few Android models have something similar. HTC takes the lead in personalization.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-05-15 04:12 PM

Thoughts?

P.s. This may seem disjointed because I've rewritten it for the third time, pls pls Crackberry coders add a prompt to the 'cancel' button, or at least a draft feature..

Check Out TechCraze
    Have you got the ClipMan app?

Just highlight and copy the whole write-up every now and then, there you go, there's your draft... :-)

Takes less than two seconds, and ClipMan stores multiple versions as well (superadvanced stone-age versioning system on the fly!)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    tinochiko likes this.
    04-05-15 04:23 PM