The solution may not be complicated but it may be a hard pill to swallow. Go after the market which shows demand, even if that means it's a smaller market. Blackberry isn't going to be a iPhone or Android killer but it still can and will be a viable brand as long as they find their customer base again.
    12-10-13 06:47 PM
    This is a favorite line here on CB. One day its the above, the next is USA media is killing Blackberry.

Yes. The US is not the world. That's why Blackberry is doing so well everywhere else.
    My point is that with scarce resources BlackBerry has to concentrate on markets that are sympathetic to their products not where there is very little carrier support.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-10-13 06:54 PM
    Obama is caught "primetime" with a Z10, so 2014 seems to be the year USA keep up with the rest of us. :lol:
    12-10-13 07:57 PM
    Never liked heins, simply because he is probably the worst public speaker I've ever seen.
    Back in 2012 he dodged all questions and just talked about the future.
    On release he just giggled and clapped his hands like a seal.

John Chen you watch all of his passed videos/conferences and see a well spoken man. He seems to be straight to the point as we see with what he's done so far. He has a different vision then Heins. "So far" he sees the real issues. He knows BlackBerry is top heavy so he started off with chopping them out first.

He's too new to tell but so far he is good. I would like to see him speak for blackberry. The letter was good even though the media spun it as desperate. I don't get how facts are signs of desparation but that is just me I guess. I would also like to read some more press releases from the changes he is making. I'm guessing he is behind the T-Mobile offer which is amazing coming from a company that doesn't support BlackBerry. Since his interim CEO position: we are seeing big governments picking BB10 or BES10. But I would like to see more.

BlackBerry needed someone fresh and from outside of the company which they got so only time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    I have my reservations about someone who does not recognise that the smartphone market is joined now

There is no enterprise market or consumer market anymore

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:11 PM
    I have my reservations about someone who does not recognise that the smartphone market is joined now

There is no enterprise market or consumer market anymore

Posted via CB10
    That makes sense. But by blackberry saying they are going to start trying on enterprise and get to their main roots. He said this so companies would come back I'm guessing.

As we stated in the letter pretty clean BES10 works on android and iphone since he gets BB10 isn't meant for everyone.

I'm sure the OS' are still going to be getting features that consumers want but at the same time they are going after enterprise getting everyone to use their mdm solution compared to competition

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:16 PM
    That makes sense. But by blackberry saying they are going to start trying on enterprise and get to their main roots. He said this so companies would come back I'm guessing.

As we stated in the letter pretty clean BES10 works on android and iphone since he gets BB10 isn't meant for everyone.

I'm sure the OS' are still going to be getting features that consumers want but at the same time they are going after enterprise getting everyone to use their mdm solution compared to competition

Posted via CB10
    But BlackBerry didn't lose companies because they went mainstream.
    The companies left BlackBerry because it never adapted to fit mainstream.
    Going back to their roots is a recipe for failure as the reasons they had to leave those roots has not changed

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-11-13 10:38 AM
    My point is that with scarce resources BlackBerry has to concentrate on markets that are sympathetic to their products not where there is very little carrier support.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Perhaps you could say which markets those are/were, because last numbers I saw showed BlackBerry was losing market share in all markets.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 03:01 PM
    I think BlackBerry is gaining in Africa and parts of the europe. Don't quote me on that though

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 02:14 PM
    I think BlackBerry is gaining in Africa and parts of the europe. Don't quote me on that though

Posted via CB10
    I believe that they are starting to lose Europe

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 02:17 PM
    I believe that they are starting to lose Europe

Posted via CB10
    Could be I was thinking France was gaining, I may be wrong there though

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 03:04 PM
    Could be I was thinking France was gaining, I may be wrong there though

Posted via CB10
    Hmm maybe France by itself. But certainly Europe overall is declining and the UK is slipping as they haven't yet released a phone that is aimed at their user base here.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:06 PM
    Have important people use your device.
    Flood every award show (grammys,oscars,espys,etc) with Q10 and Z30 gift bags and have a knowledgeable and social rep teaching them how to use it and their benefits of having a BlackBerry. Give them away like there is no tomorrow. Consumers love to mimic successful people, and want to carry what they carry.

SPEND MONEY ON DEV's to create mega apps that are on android and ios and have them on BlackBerry immediately. (Instagram,snapchat,candy crush,etc)
    Stop being left behind! Why instagram isn't on BlackBerry is completely embarrassing!

COMPLETLY REVAMP BBM! Make it something truly special and a must have feature for all platforms. Why would any android/ios user want BBM when what's app demolished them?
    Have one key feature exclusive to BlackBerry owners to make the ios/android users want to jump ship for that killer feature.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:22 PM
    This is a favorite line here on CB. One day its the above, the next is USA media is killing Blackberry.

Yes. The US is not the world. That's why Blackberry is doing so well everywhere else.
    Yes cb is one poster. Cb says that

Sent from my Z30
    12-14-13 06:50 PM
63 123