I don't say it is a wise decision I just want say if they don't want change this, it's better to create a sub brand instead of doing nothing!

But let me make it short.. what BlackBerry really needs is cheap phones asap!
    I'd even say.. a 99usd phone!!
    Because the app situation is still a big problem!
    Don't blame the devs, why should they spend money for developing for a small audience compared to a 200+ million android audience..
    But i still hope some devs would change their mind, BB10 is such a wonderful OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:47 AM
    It actually makes, even BlackBerry lost value and doesn't have the same image like 6,7.. years ago 1) we won't see a cheap BlackBerry phone 2) it wouldn't be good for the brand!
    For BlackBerry fans, these are high class phones - for iPhone/ Android just a piece of ****.

So to keep the image for those people who still think BlackBerry is a good, high class phone the discount brand should be separated from the main company/brand.

So the discount phone would have a pretty good spec sheet without 4G/LTE/NFC and a good finish but less premium case.

The goal is to win costumers in emerging markets, so they can afford a BB10 OS phone and the chance to give the app ecosystem a boost!

That's what Volkswagen do!

You can buy a VW Polo for ~15.000 usd or the same technic in a other case for less than 15k... for example Skoda or Seat compact car...
    They all use almost the same car parts but the VW is more premium than the Skoda.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, think about it:
    Cars are about hardware, phones are about software.

What OS do you want a 2nd brand BlackBerry to run?

The only answer is "Android", and competing in Android is already hard with Samsung producing their own components and driving prices lower than underground caves.

Because if you answer "BlackBerry 10", those phones need to have a certain standard, because BlackBerry 10 also runs Android runtime, and that thing is a resource hog

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:01 AM
27 12