As a canadian living abroad (Middle East), there is a huge time difference about 8 hours, and since I frequently communicate with my friends in various parts in canada, it gets annoying checking the world clock app to find out if it's a good time to call. So I thought of this idea;

In the contacts app, the local time of the contact should be displayed based on the country and area codes, so for example if I have a contact in toronto and is saved with this format +1416..., the local time of that contact should be displayed right in the contact's profile.

Let me know what you guys think!
    Vuneu likes this.
    08-07-14 06:07 AM
    Bbm used to display local time of the contact based on location. Would be good for all contacts
    08-07-14 06:12 AM
    It did yes but it was based on geo location and also the contact had the choice to display it or not, however, this is different. The contact local time will be based on the number saved not the contact's actual location so that way no privacy is breached, plus, unfortunately that is, not all contacts use bbm!
    08-07-14 06:17 AM
    Would be a nice thing. Some things are indeed simple but could really bring a benefit. Post this here: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com
    08-07-14 06:17 AM
    Would be a nice thing. Some things are indeed simple but could really bring a benefit. Post this here: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com
    Thanks muellerto! Didn't even know such a page existed!
    08-07-14 06:19 AM
    great site. already have one idea in planning process with them. great site to just throw out ideas for!.
    08-07-14 06:26 AM
    As a canadian living abroad (Middle East), there is a huge time difference about 8 hours, and since I frequently communicate with my friends in various parts in canada, it gets annoying checking the world clock app to find out if it's a good time to call. So I thought of this idea;

In the contacts app, the local time of the contact should be displayed based on the country and area codes, so for example if I have a contact in toronto and is saved with this format +1416..., the local time of that contact should be displayed right in the contact's profile.

Let me know what you guys think!
    Wow, that is a pretty good idea!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 07:27 AM
    Travellers would understand!
    08-07-14 07:45 PM
    Well that's an interesting idea.
    08-12-14 11:00 AM
    It's all those finer points, like the OPs idea, that make a difference. The device is thinking ahead of the user. I've found myself doing the same thing with time zones, not wanting to disturb people after business hours etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 11:47 AM
    I usually check what'sapp for last seems lol
    It posts the last time they were available in my time zone.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    08-12-14 11:58 AM
    I put it in the Beta Zone

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 12:03 PM
    Err... do the contacts not travel oversea? I travel to different time zones with my phone in roaming, so my number still carries my country code but not code of the actual time zone.
    08-12-14 12:39 PM
    Hmm. I think that it would be a great idea. Maybe put it in the BlackBerry.icanmakeitbetter.com
    08-12-14 12:57 PM
    Support that. Have relatives in Europe and some are travelling to Europe and Asia regularly.

Also, another bunch is living down south in Sydney, but Queensland has no daylight savings time because it's not needed in the tropics...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-12-14 06:29 PM
    Err... do the contacts not travel oversea? I travel to different time zones with my phone in roaming, so my number still carries my country code but not code of the actual time zone.
    This.

Plus it's very common in the US (and I'm sure Canada, and other countries spanning multiple times zones), for people to keep the cell number that they got when they first got a cell phone as a teen for forever, even as they move away to college, jobs, life across the country to other areas codes and time zones.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 06:40 PM
    This.

Plus it's very common in the US (and I'm sure Canada, and other countries spanning multiple times zones), for people to keep the cell number that they got when they first got a cell phone as a teen for forever, even as they move away to college, jobs, life across the country to other areas codes and time zones.

Posted via CB10
    I think the OP meant those rigid contacts he left back home, your argument is true as well but st least OP idea is better than nothing

White Z10 10.2.2.1531
    08-13-14 12:47 AM
    That's a pretty neat idea! We have something like this already but its only for BBM users when you see their timezone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    08-13-14 04:35 AM