I have been pondering this for a little while how we can use a mammoth battery for the new BB10 devices and the light suddenly came on! Blackberry could make a battery that fits in where the stock 1800 mah battery goes and covers the back of the phone like the normal back would, however this would be thicker to support a "super battery" this battery could have 3 or 4 times the juice the stock one has. Yes i do know that this would make the phone heavier, however if the weight is distributed correctly i think this would negate or make it seem lighter than it is. also people can't complain their phone is to heavy since this would be an extra add on. i think the super users would really like this even if it was a bit heavier, they wouldn't have to carry multiple batteries around to get through a day.

Kevin what are your thoughts on this idea ?
    03-06-13 06:45 PM
    Those kind of things usually come out from 3rd party companies, i know they've been available in the past for other devices.
    03-06-13 06:49 PM
    You realize this is called an extended battery - and already exists for many other smartphones - right? This isn't new.

https://www.google.com/search?q=extended+battery

Personally, I'm kinda pleased with BB's current solution. I just ordered an external battery/charger kit. It will let me keep my case and extend the battery - when I need to. So often was the case when I'd come home with my old extended battery and have 50%+ of juice left.
    richardat likes this.
    03-06-13 09:09 PM
    The battery is great after the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 09:30 PM