I'm actually more surprised that people are actually surprised by this. When people want to upgrade their phones, it's extremely rare someone will think of buying a Blackberry. The Blackberry name is mud and the products are inferior - there's not way back from this.

The Z30 is essentially just a bigger Z10 - it's not competitive or up to date... and still has a horrible ecosystem backing it. The Z30 will make NO difference whatsoever.
    You are not giving the new OS any credit . The Z30 has excellent radio reception and a strong battery. It is a good mid level phone but with no Apps. This whole APK thing just appeals to folks on CrackBerry.

If BB10 has no value over android as a OS there is no reason for a non business consumer to buy a Z30.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-12-13 10:54 PM
    Z30 is the only piece of hardware that looks competitive and up to date. They need to heavily promote that phone and make it available on ATT.
    Competitive to what? not the S4 or HTC One nor the Note 3..maybe it is better than the S3 but just maybe. Att will not carry it because there is zero demand for it.
    11-12-13 11:14 PM
    currently z10 sells at $399 on BB site. If they can do a fire sale for a limited time and sell it for $199, I think they will be able to increase sales significantly. That phone will be seriously outdated pretty soon. I can find the 920 unlocked at $250 and it even has better specs than z10.
    LOL ..you do not get it, do you? they are Free on contract and still no sales..fire sale won't matter if there are no takers
    11-12-13 11:20 PM
    No they priced their phone right...bottom line...Hardware and design of BB10 is much better but they were priced for failure and that's what they got.

Posted via CB10
    I have a love/hate relationship with the design of bb10. The hardware is decent (I think Nokia has bb beat when it comes to design), and I find the icons boring/dated. Windows mobile is definitely fresher in the eye candy dept.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Drew808 likes this.
    11-12-13 11:41 PM
    You know why windows phone had massive growth? They priced their phones right.
    IMO BB has always overpriced their hardware, which was fine when the majority of sales were to corporate customers. The only successful consumer models have been the curve and the Perl. A big part of their success was the lower data costs because of the data compression and ability to limit data to certain apps because of the NOC. As data prices fell the advantage of going through BIS for consumers has been reduced. BB has continued to use their high price device model even though BIS is gone and any remaining advantages it had are no longer available with BB10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-12-13 11:44 PM
    You know why windows phone had
    massive growth? They priced their phones right.
    And. 150 percent of buggar all is buggar all....
    byrdbrained likes this.
    11-12-13 11:45 PM

The Z30 is essentially just a bigger Z10 - it's not competitive or up to date... and still has a horrible ecosystem backing it. The Z30 will make NO difference whatsoever.
    I was under the impression that this was going to be a super device (according to blackberry management). This device is competing with the z10/Q10, if you compare it to any other device it becomes a joke.

JeepBB likes this.
    11-12-13 11:53 PM
    I'm actually more surprised that people are actually surprised by this. When people want to upgrade their phones, it's extremely rare someone will think of buying a Blackberry. The Blackberry name is mud and the products are inferior - there's not way back from this.

and the galaxy note 3 is just a souped up s4,so your point is what?
    11-13-13 12:19 AM
    LOL ..you do not get it, do you? they are Free on contract and still no sales..fire sale won't matter if there are no takers
    I think what he is trying to allude to is the non contract consumers, people who aren't willing to get locked into a contract for a BlackBerry. But, if they could purchase directly from BlackBerry at a very competitive price ala Google/Nexus might stir up sales without any commitment or fear of the company no longer supporting the product.
    At this point, what do they have to lose?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 12:25 AM
    and the galaxy note 3 is just a souped up s4,so your point is what?
    No the note 3 is NOT a souped up S4 because the note 3 offers more capabilities than the s4 and has a different look including the back
    techvisor likes this.
    11-13-13 12:28 AM
    I was under the impression that this was going to be a super device (according to blackberry management). This device is competing with the z10/Q10, if you compare it to any other device it becomes a joke.

Newer BlackBerry devices compare well when looking within the device line up. When people say it's "the best BlackBerry ever", I don't doubt it, because it is. The newest devices should always be better than their direct predecessors, and BlackBerry hasn't disappointed in that regard. But they don't exist in a vacuum. Like you said, when you start looking at other devices available on the market, it's difficult to recommend a BlackBerry to anyone but the most hardcore user (and face it, if they're that hardcore, they wouldn't need my recommendation anyway) considering the price and more mature app catalogs the some of the others have.
    kbz1960, richardat and Drew808 like this.
    11-13-13 12:49 AM
    TH screwed it up big time with BB10 pricing. I think BB10 acid test should have been smooth running on playbook, that would have meant smooth running on low spec phones at lower price point. Cheaper BB10 phones with cheap data would have been a big deal for customers in emerging markets, that's exactly where Windows phone have gained market share. TH was too busy emulating Apple. I am glad he is gone.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-13-13 12:53 AM
    They need to play ball. The 9800/9810 was a huge hit. Make a Killer, Z something, Q something and slider with specs that are the best or equal and price them low, $99 on contract or less. Off contract should be something exciting also. Time to stop thinking about the days when they kicked *** and realize now is go time.
    11-13-13 01:23 AM
    The loyal BB fans always gets screwed for buying BB products on the first day. PB and Z10 both were over priced ! May as well wait for the fire sale!
    kbz1960 and milo53 like this.
    11-13-13 02:18 AM
    Are these numbers for the US only?
    11-13-13 02:30 AM
    Are these numbers for the US only?
    Worldwide - as said in the source documentation.

What's astonishing is that, out of that 9.5 million: 8.8 m comes from sales of NOKIA!

Mvp or what?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:46 AM
    That could be a significant psychological/ideological adjustment for BlackBerry and many of its fans/supporters who tend (I think) to view BlackBerry, its ecosystem, and its products as high-end or premium. However, it's getting hard to argue that with hard numbers of usage, financial losses, weaker-than-expected app development, etc.
    Exactly.
    The people here who think there is a market for BlackBerry as a premium device live in a dream land and are as delusional as the old management.
    BlackBerry carved out its market share with their Curve devices leading the way.
    They have failed to provide to their own users by pricing the devices too high and now they are suffering for their blindness

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:05 AM
    No they priced their phone right...bottom line...Hardware and design of BB10 is much better but they were priced for failure and that's what they got.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I think Nokia has BlackBerry beaten by far when it comes to hardware

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 04:07 AM
    I had a bad feeling about BB as a company going forward a few days ago ,before these figures came out,now I feel even worst.As a shareholder I feel like I'm going to loose a lot of money.They say you don't loose if you don't sell,the problem is that I can't stop thinking about what I am loosing now ,and what I will eventually loose in the future,which could be quite a hit.BB has to put something out there that is going to be innovative if they are to survive.BB is a CDN company and I have pride in that.Time is running out for them,but I have to continue to believe eventually somebody is going to turn the company around,maybe I'm wrong ,probably I,m right.Just gotta hang in there and forget about it.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    11-13-13 05:11 AM
    BlackBerry is not doing a very good job on the marketing side. In my country none of the network provider are offering any of the BB10 devices, the are only selling the legacy devices and we don't even have BIS. I thought the one if the reasons for have BB10 devices not using BIS was for countries like mine that have issues with BIS. Funny isn't it that they are not even being sold here, come on BlackBerry! You can do better than that.

In this part of the world, BlackBerry's name is not all that tarnished, I really wonder why the are not putting any effort to get these devices in our hands.

I myself want a Z30 and know a number of peoople that would by if it was available.
    11-13-13 06:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    An opinion that obviously isn't shared by the masses.
    Poirots Progeny, bbq10l and JeepBB like this.
    11-13-13 06:57 AM
    At the risk of stating the obvious, those numbers demonstrate that BlackBerry is all but irrelevant in the mass market for cellular devices. This is certainly not going to be lost on the new leadership, and will play a part in charting the business strategy going forward.

It looks to me like there is no way for BlackBerry to continue in the hardware business unless it is as a small niche provider of highly differentiated devices. That means identifying a demand for something that is not being provided economically by another vendor and meeting that demand with an economically sensible offering. What that might be, I have no earthly idea. But those guys are a lot smarter than I am.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-13-13 07:52 AM
    I wish people would stop bashing BBOS phones. I have no intention of replacing my 9900 with myZ10 as primary device. They can still make profit from BBOS QWERTY devices.
    darkehawke and Karan Mohal like this.
    11-13-13 08:07 AM
    At the risk of stating the obvious, those numbers demonstrate that BlackBerry is all but irrelevant in the mass market for cellular devices.

Selling millions of units is irrelevant? Wow. Going forward, and stuff. Totally man.
    11-13-13 08:10 AM
    At least we're doing better than Others. Never even heard of them.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-13-13 08:16 AM
111 1234 ...