Just received the email now, that as of November 18th, IBM will no longer support BB devices (that goes for BB10 too)

This comes to me with the news that BB is putting Blend to EOL. Talk to me about how BlackBerry is still supporting BB10!

Sad. Just..............................sad
    08-10-16 09:40 AM
    They still honor their warranty. I guess that's "support."
    08-10-16 10:06 AM
    How are they ending support?
    08-10-16 10:11 AM
    They still honor their warranty. I guess that's "support."
    Keeping the OS secure and honoring the warranty is also what I call "support." Anything else is "new features" not support, and anyone expecting significant new features for BB10 is deluded.

Personally, I'm still completely happy with my Z10 which is a better phone today than it was the day I bought it 3-1/2 years ago, thanks to Blackberry's exceptional support. While I'm a bit sad that BB10 is not going to be developed further, I couldn't be happier with Blackberry's support.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 08-10-16 at 03:20 PM.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-10-16 01:53 PM
    Keeping the OS secure and honoring the warranty is also what I call "support." Anything else is "new features" not support, and anyone expecting significant new features for BB10 is deluded.

Personally, I'm still completely happy with my Z10 which is a better phone today than it was the day I bought it 3-1/2 years ago, thanks to Blackberry's exceptional support.
    Posted via CB10
    What about keeping the "features" that the OS had when you bought it?
    BlackBerry Traffic
    BBM Meetings
    Print to Go
    BlackBerry Blend (one of the best features that helped BB10 standout)
    Never mind the 3rd party apps that haven't been updated or aren't available anymore.

Personally.... I'm so glad I left my Z10 behind, the undersized battery and having to keep two spares as backups was a real pain. Do miss BB10, and the OS in general. But the hardware and the app gap were just too much to endure any longer.
    wilber1, eldricho, sethr and 2 others like this.
    08-10-16 02:03 PM
    Maybe we should say upgrade instead of support? I love BB10, but there are lots of little things I'd like to see improved. Its a shame it will never happen.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 02:16 PM
    Just received the email now, that as of November 18th, IBM will no longer support BB devices (that goes for BB10 too)

This comes to me with the news that BB is putting Blend to EOL. Talk to me about how BlackBerry is still supporting BB10!

Internal mail put on a public forum.... you serious??

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 02:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Someone is about to get into trouble...

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    08-10-16 02:40 PM
    What about keeping the "features" that the OS had when you bought it?
    BlackBerry Traffic
    BBM Meetings
    Print to Go
    BlackBerry Blend (one of the best features that helped BB10 standout)
    Never mind the 3rd party apps that haven't been updated or aren't available anymore.

Personally.... I'm so glad I left my Z10 behind, the undersized battery and having to keep two spares as backups was a real pain. Do miss BB10, and the OS in general. But the hardware and the app gap were just too much to endure any longer.
    Good questions, but, in my case, all of those features except print to go (which I never used) were released after I bought my z10 in March of 2013.

Also, Blend still works for me the same as it has in the past, so the fact that it is EOL is pretty meaningless.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 03:27 PM
    the fact that it is EOL is pretty meaningless.
    Posted via CB10
    I agree!! To me, why does BB10 need " support and development" when it has been doing everything I want beautifully for several years and I am sure will continue to do so for years to come. As for hardware, I still think my Z30 is awesome; e.g, I love how it plays my iTunes library off the microSD card, via BT, in my car with the classy touch of a big VW symbol showing on the home screen. Rugged and no buttons!

BB, Still the One
    toneytone likes this.
    08-10-16 04:00 PM
    How are they ending support?
    Support for IBM's employees
    08-11-16 03:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Someone is about to get into trouble...

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    It's not confidential information. I know what I'm doing don't worry
    08-11-16 05:38 AM
    IBM - most boring tech company in the world lol
    Zeddepher and byex like this.
    08-11-16 05:41 AM
    This is really sad.
    I hav never experienced all these features that ppl talk about here.
    Blend, hub, bbm and so much more.
    Wanted to hav a bb10, but i find it impractical coz of the app gap and the ongoing announcements of ending support.
    I can just hope to hav a secure bb with Android N & bb10 apps ported to Android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by blackmass; 08-11-16 at 06:10 AM.
    08-11-16 05:50 AM
    This is really sad.
    I hav never experienced all these features that ppl talk about here.
    Blend, hub, bbm and so much more.
    Wanted to hav a bb10, but i find it impractical coz of the app gap and the ongoing announcements of ending support.
    I can just hope to hav a secure bb with Android N & bb10 apps ported to Android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    What's preventing you? BBM is free and it's cross platform. If you're on Android look it up in the Play Store. The HUB is now available for Android as well. It's part of a suite of apps that BlackBerry is offering for free if you don't mind some ads. Otherwise it's $0.99/mnth for the ad free version. They're giving you 30 days to tree ad free. In addition to the HUB I believe the suite contains Password Keeper and a few other previously BlackBerry only apps. There's an article written about it here on Crackberry. I think it was from last week.

Channel for Asian eye candy
    app_Developer and blackmass like this.
    08-11-16 06:42 AM
    Folks need to put these termination of support notification into the larger context. Most of the "we're dropping support" notifications are from companies that directly compete with Blackberry.

In IBM's case, Airwatch is IBM's equivalent to BES and I'm sure not pleased with the Good/BES combination eating their lunch in several large enterprises. The same can be said with several of the recent messaging app notifications. I'm sure they informed Blackberry and added a "now if you'll just drop BBM, we're happy to talk...

It also doesn't help that relatively no one is buying BB10 devices and so why continue to invest in the app.
    08-11-16 11:22 AM
    You're right. All their products and services can do is run governments, banks health care systems, space programs, and fortune 1000 companies.

How boring!

Posted via CB10
    Witmen, TgeekB, MikeX74 and 1 others like this.
    08-11-16 11:25 AM
    By boring you mean successful?

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    08-11-16 05:16 PM
    By boring you mean successful?

Posted via CB10
    No ... not at all what I meant lol
    08-11-16 05:59 PM
    You're right. All their products and services can do is run governments, banks health care systems, space programs, and fortune 1000 companies.

How boring!

Posted via CB10
    Really? I didn't know IBM had a monopoly on all those things. Thanks for informing me.
    08-11-16 06:00 PM
    No ... not at all what I meant lol
    OK, I was just checking.
    08-11-16 06:00 PM
    I admire IBM but having read a few articles of them bungling software designed for large government services in Canada, they may be off their game a little.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 06:25 PM

Hey somebody give IBM a call tell them................hey good luck with that!..............who cares..............IBM......really
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-11-16 07:08 PM

Hey somebody give IBM a call tell them................hey good luck with that!..............who cares..............IBM......really
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-11-16 07:08 PM
    Really? I didn't know IBM had a monopoly on all those things. Thanks for informing me.
    You and I must've read that comment completely differently, because nowhere in that comment did he say that they held a monopoly. He didn't even use that word.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-11-16 08:57 PM
72 123