Suggestions on which blackberry to get?
    06-06-16 04:52 AM
    Rome
    06-06-16 05:07 AM
    Any preference as to size?

Passport if you like a "desktop" experience, or "laptop in the pocket".
    Classic if you want BB10 with the, well, "classic" toolbelt.

If ultra-pocketability and removable battery is an issue, get a Q10. The Q5 only has 8GB storage and lags a little, no removable battery ...

All-touch?
    Z30!
    (Z10 and Leap might not be your thing)

If you need keyboard, all-touch AND Android, get the Priv or wait for any of the new devices...

Hope that helps.

:-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    bakron1 likes this.
    06-06-16 06:03 PM
    8330 Curve.
    06-06-16 06:08 PM
    storm
    rt2567 likes this.
    06-06-16 07:34 PM
    storm
    Good one, if you aren't serious... :-D

06-06-16 07:55 PM
    Good one, if you aren't serious... :-D

I am sure there will be some die hard BB Storm fan who will back me up
    06-06-16 08:00 PM
    Any BB10 Blackberry. An Android phone with a Blackberry sticker is NOT a Blackberry.
    06-06-16 08:04 PM
    Any BB10 Blackberry. An Android phone with a Blackberry sticker is NOT a Blackberry.
    Lol!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-07-16 12:06 PM
    That really would depend on your needs and desires. But for productivity on the go, the Passport is hard to beat.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 01:37 PM
    06-07-16 02:27 PM
    You should share more details as to what you need so we can make relevant suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 02:31 PM
    Get the Passport SE or the Z30. Both are awesome devices!

  
    06-07-16 08:38 PM
    You should provide more details about your needs and preferences such as form factor, size, physical keyboard, battery life, price etc. I'm going to assume you want the biggest, baddest, most capable BlackBerry, so I'll suggest the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    06-07-16 10:24 PM
    By that logic, a Samsung phone running Android isn't a Samsung
    DrBoomBotz and ayngling like this.
    06-12-16 07:38 AM
    I'm a long time BlackBerry user, and after owning the Priv for two weeks I believe that this is by far the only BlackBerry to consider owning in today's market. BB10 has so many flaws and limitations, it honestly feels like I'm going back to Windows 95 when I play around with it.

06-12-16 09:53 AM
    You should provide more details about your needs and preferences such as form factor, size, physical keyboard, battery life, price etc. I'm going to assume you want the biggest, baddest, most capable BlackBerry, so I'll suggest the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.
    How can anyone in good conscience recommend a phone running an OS that is being phased out by BlackBerry and abandoned by app developers? Plus, the form factor of the Passport makes it useless for video output. BB10 is good for messaging but little else. Even in that area, Whatsapp won't be supported by EOY.

06-12-16 09:59 AM
    How can anyone in good conscience recommend a phone running an OS that is being phased out by BlackBerry and abandoned by app developers? Plus, the form factor of the Passport makes it useless for video output. BB10 is good for messaging but little else. Even in that area, Whatsapp won't be supported by EOY.
    Did the phone stop working? Don't think so.
    What is the primary purpose of a mobile phone? A communication device, and I think many here, and even non-BB users, would agree BB are very good, if not the best, communication devices. Why do I have to use Whatsapp? There are plenty of options which are not sucking down my contacts list and other personal data. (Actually none of my friends or family use Whatsapp anyways, we don't seem to have issues communicating)

If I want to watch a video, I've got a 50" TV that beats the pants off any phone you can recommend. Mobile video is always a compromise anyways.

How can anyone in good conscience recommend a phone that won't get through a couple of days without a charge? Or doesn't have a physical keyboard which is far and away the best and gold standard for actually messaging as opposed to crushing candy or flapping birds?

Take a look at eBay prices for Blackberry Q10 vs new Galaxy S3. For phones from similar era, ask why used, discontinued Q10 with 'unsupported' OS seem to command very similar pricing to new in box S3? For that matter why not see how much the even older Bold 9900 are going for? Why are mobile operators STILL offering plans with BIS available? These are solid, reliable communication devices that will run for years.
    06-12-16 10:46 AM
    How can anyone in good conscience recommend a phone running an OS that is being phased out by BlackBerry and abandoned by app developers?
    Faced this issue twice in the last 2 weeks. Two family members, both BB10 users, wanted to upgrade their BlackBerry. The Priv was too expensive still, and there was nothing else to upgrade to. They both went Android.

I love BB10, and so did they, but for people who just want to use the phone outright, and run WhatsApp, etc without issue, I had nowhere to send them. BlackBerry really needs something at a different price point out there.

I'll stick it out as long as I can, but BB sure doesn't make it easy sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 02:34 PM
    Did the phone stop working? Don't think so.
    What is the primary purpose of a mobile phone? A communication device, and I think many here, and even non-BB users, would agree BB are very good, if not the best, communication devices. Why do I have to use Whatsapp? There are plenty of options which are not sucking down my contacts list and other personal data. (Actually none of my friends or family use Whatsapp anyways, we don't seem to have issues communicating)

If I want to watch a video, I've got a 50" TV that beats the pants off any phone you can recommend. Mobile video is always a compromise anyways.

How can anyone in good conscience recommend a phone that won't get through a couple of days without a charge? Or doesn't have a physical keyboard which is far and away the best and gold standard for actually messaging as opposed to crushing candy or flapping birds?

Take a look at eBay prices for Blackberry Q10 vs new Galaxy S3. For phones from similar era, ask why used, discontinued Q10 with 'unsupported' OS seem to command very similar pricing to new in box S3? For that matter why not see how much the even older Bold 9900 are going for? Why are mobile operators STILL offering plans with BIS available? These are solid, reliable communication devices that will run for years.
    Listen, I used the Q10 for over two years and I was one of the ones arguing the loudest that it's compact form factor and simplicity made it better for my needs. But ultimately, after giving the Priv an honest try I have to say that it is better in ever respect: battery life, keyboard, OS features and usability, connectivity, apps, and the list goes on.

I've been in the software business for 15 years, and this debate reminds me of what happens every time we upgrade a client's systems. Even though the new system is 98% superior, you always have a few stubborn people resistant to change who focus on one or two tasks they feel worked better in the old system while ignoring the hundreds of things that have been vastly improved.

06-12-16 03:35 PM
    By that logic, a Samsung phone running Android isn't a Samsung
    Your correct, it's an Android with a Samsung label on it.
    06-12-16 04:00 PM
    Get a Priv, it's the future.
    06-12-16 06:29 PM
    The Priv. Buy it unlocked from ShopBlackberry so that u will get the timely updates and not have the carrier bloatware. I love my Classic and we own the Leap too. But OS10 is not the way forward sadly.

Posted via my Priv
    06-13-16 12:14 AM
    Suggestions on which blackberry to get?
    Why do you want a BlackBerry?
    The answer to this question will probably help us help you.
    06-13-16 12:26 PM