Hello my fellow BlackBerry people

I was going to wait until my company gave me a confirmed date but i couldn't hold in the excitement

First of all let me introduce myself, my names Aaron i'm 25 years old and i'm a Troubleshooting content editor for RIM through a company based in the UK by day and a DJ/MC by night lol.

Yesterday my head bossed walked in the room and was having a conversation with my team leader and i was eavesdropping and i heard the words 'BlackBerry testing', so me being me and my excited self i approached my main boss, greeted him and asked him what he meant when him and my team leader where discussing BlackBerry.
    He told me that within the next two months the team will be going to Canada to see RIM and he will be bringing back the BlackBerry device for me to do testing and see how the system works................

So erm .....yes I soiled myself haha.

Obviously after handling the device I will let everybody know what I think of it but for the meantime I have a quick question, the leaked pictures that are on the crackberry homepage..does anybody know if they're official and what do you think of it?

P.S. Thanks for welcoming me in...in advance
    Last edited by MC_A_DOT; 01-27-13 at 09:32 AM. Reason: NDA
    09-01-12 07:52 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

No way to know 100% if the images are official, but regardless the UI is stil in beta-testing and likely to continue changing/evolving.

And clean yourself up before you come here!
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 08:01 AM

No way to know 100% if the images are official, but regardless the UI is stil in beta-testing and likely to continue changing/evolving.

Thanks for the reply and the greeting.

Clean myself up?

Explain.
    09-01-12 08:15 AM
    I don't think you'll be testing the BB10 but just your apps on it. The final GUI hasn't been released and you'll be using the PlayBook GUI until it is released.
    09-01-12 08:15 AM

It better not still be evolving. And that picture seems to be old, according to the embedded data.
    09-01-12 08:22 AM
    I don't think you'll be testing the BB10 but just your apps on it. The final GUI hasn't been released and you'll be using the PlayBook GUI until it is released.
    It isn't going to change that much. It better be 98% locked in by now. They better just be preventing issues from occurring and working out any flow problems that crop up through testing.
    09-01-12 08:24 AM
    Thanks for the reply and the greeting.

Clean myself up?

Explain.

"...So erm .....yes I soiled myself haha. .."
    09-01-12 08:25 AM
    I never said i work in app development lol.

Yes i see what you mean, the final software isn't complete so it would be silly for me to test the software at this early stage, but i'm just going on the information that my boss gave me.

I work on the troubleshooting side of things for RIM but my boss said we will have a device so i can get used to the new system.

Are there any apps that your looking forward to seeing?
    09-01-12 08:29 AM
    "...So erm .....yes I soiled myself haha. .."
    Oh crap i forgot i wrote that Hahahahaha....sorry i'm hungover...

Life of a DJ
    09-01-12 08:33 AM
    Welcome! And please do update us how you feel about BB10. At the same time, I am sure RIM would request your guys to sign NDA so make sure not to get yourself in any trouble... unless you send all the details to me by PM

I actually like how RIM is handling the BB10 release so far... no leaks on specific specs, only impressions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-01-12 08:34 AM
    Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy our obsessive talk and speculation about all things BlackBerry.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 08:36 AM
    So MC, how is BlackBerry faring over there? Is it still perceived well or is it seen as ready to die?
    Do you think a new smartphone will revive it over there?

(Up the Wolves)
    09-01-12 08:38 AM
    Welcome! And please do update us how you feel about BB10. At the same time, I am sure RIM would request your guys to sign NDA so make sure not to get yourself in any trouble... unless you send all the details to me by PM

I actually like how RIM is handling the BB10 release so far... no leaks on specific specs, only impressions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Of course i wont leak any forbidden information haha that would be silly and i actually love my job and plan on staying lol.

Im just saying i will let you know what I think of it..nothing else at all (you've scared me now haha)

At first i was pretty upset about the delay and right after that my phone started playing up and i wanted a new phone but i got it fixed and im pretty happy with my playbook and 9800 combo so i can wait..and i can persuade a lot of other people to wait too.

BlackBerry is pretty popular over here but advertising is practically non-existent.

Which device will you be purchasing? Qwerty or full touch.
    09-01-12 08:46 AM
    So MC, how is BlackBerry faring over there? Is it still perceived well or is it seen as ready to die?
    Do you think a new smartphone will revive it over there?

(Up the Wolves)
    From what i've seen BlackBerry is rather strong over here, but a lot of people complain about the usuall things like apps, the spinning clocks, battery pulls and so on.

People just want something new and RIM haven't really brought anything amazing to the table since the 9900, but its ok as long as the take there time and make sure the OS is ready people will be surprised IMHO.

Ever since i got my PlayBook people constantly ask me questions about what it can and cant do....in the end they end up buying one haha.

I do love the Playbook ...ALOT
    09-01-12 08:54 AM
    I am leaning toward full touch at the moment... as you can tell I chose 9810 over 9900 so I do love larger screen... but last week I had to reply a txt message on one of my colleague's galaxy s ii and I gave up half way because it was so bad without a physical keyboard, I had to pull out my 9810 to reply in an email. That gets me thinking a little bit. So I think the the perfect form factor for would be a slider... and I really don't care how thick it is... but it looks like RIM is given up sliders.

Without slider I will wait and see how well the full touch keyboard is.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 08:55 AM

BlackBerry is pretty popular over here but advertising is practically non-existent.

Which device will you be purchasing? Qwerty or full touch.
    They don't have anything to advertise. We don't get much either.
    I'm sure it will ramp up around December, I assume, when they want people to know of the imminent release.

I'm thinking of the full touch version. It will be interesting to see how good the keyboard is on that.
    09-01-12 08:56 AM

Nuff said?
    they've got polished versions of the rreal BB10. We won't see anything RIM doesn't want us to see. The leaks we've seen have been 'build' versions of BB10. The demos showed off were as said, just BB10 in a wrapper, not real software. The real software has been kept internally, but the build we've saw yesterday was just a build they've moved past already.

Last edited by jamezalexander; 09-01-12 at 09:02 AM.
    09-01-12 08:56 AM
    MC, do you bring your Playbook to your gigs so people can see you using it? Let people see the QNX OS at work.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 08:57 AM
    Yeah to be honest the 9800 was my first BlackBerry i didn't really know much about phones until i got it 2 years ago.

The full touch looks like its gonna be the one for me but i may buy both just for the sake of it haha. I do enjoy the larger screen factor with the keypad but i have been trying to type on a few touchscreen devices at work and i think i could cope with it as long as the screen is at a decent size. (i have big hands)

I really like the BlackBerry Blade concept, what do you think of it?
    09-01-12 09:04 AM
    I really like the BlackBerry Blade concept, what do you think of it?
    Blade is the dream phone!
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 09:09 AM
    The Blade looks nice but maybe too flashy for us manly men. Or for when we are dressed down.
    But on the other hand, it sure would make the iPhone look dated.
    09-01-12 09:10 AM
    MC, do you bring your Playbook to your gigs so people can see you using it? Let people see the QNX OS at work.
    I take my PlayBook everywhere...especially to my gigs because i rarely work alone and i always pull it out to pass the time and play the excellent games (IMHO)

Most people i know dont know about the Playbook or anything about QNX until I show them what it can do, and they are always amazed. At �129 for a 64gig PB they're like
    09-01-12 09:11 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Nuff said?
    they've got polished versions of the rreal BB10. We won't see anything RIM doesn't want us to see. The leaks we've seen have been 'build' versions of BB10. The demos showed off were as said, just BB10 in a wrapper, not real software. The real software has been kept internally, but the build we've saw yesterday was just a build they've moved past already.

Click to view quoted image

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate.
    09-01-12 09:15 AM
    Blade is the dream phone!
    Its is a dream phone but will that dream ever become a reality

I hope so.

BBFTW
    09-01-12 09:19 AM
    At this point my expectation is really really low for RIM. I just hope they can survive so I can continue to use a blackberry. My productivity system is so interleaved with RIM's ecosystem that just don't feel right on IOS or android or windows OSs... I guess I can tune my system for other ecosystems if I have to, but prefer not.

If RIM climbs up from this situation, maybe blade will become a reality.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 09:29 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD