Ditch the BB, its a phone of the past :-p! just keep it until july because rumor has it that the 4th gen hd iphone will be coming out late june and it is suppose to be running the 4.0 os! I had a pearl, went to storm 1, to htc mytouch3g to 3g iphone... i perfer the iphone over all the others.
    03-31-10 06:23 PM
    i dont think he read the front page.
    03-31-10 06:24 PM
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 31, 2010) - Research In Motion Limited (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM), a world leader in the mobile communications market, today reported results for the three months and fiscal year ended February 27, 2010 (all figures in U.S. dollars and U.S. GAAP).

Annual Highlights:

Revenue grew 35% over the prior fiscal year to $15 billion
    BlackBerry(R) subscriber account base grew 65% over the prior fiscal year to over 41 million, with a record 4.9 million net new subscriber accounts added in Q4
    BlackBerry smartphone shipments grew more than 40% over the prior fiscal year to 37 million
    BlackBerry was the number one selling smartphone brand in the United States at the end of calendar 2009(1)
    GAAP earnings per share grew 30% over the prior fiscal year to $4.31 per share diluted
    03-31-10 06:38 PM
    It was just plain embarrassing to have a curve almost 3 years after it originally launched.
    Sounds like its more about image than functionality.
    03-31-10 07:12 PM
    Sounds like its more about image than functionality.
    It really is, so many people want a bb because everyone else has one.
    03-31-10 07:33 PM
    its not over till the fat lady sings. lol. just had to say it.
    03-31-10 07:52 PM
    correct me if i'm wrong, but there have been no significant innovations in the OS or the handsets in over three years. in fact, the only thing RIM has done is expand the product line to get more units in the hands of users but with no actual change in the unit's functionality. the storm was a reactive failure not a proactive innovation. there's just a lot of smoke and mirrors.

if this God da#^ed 9650 does not show up soon, I will officially be done with bb. i'mna go buy a dam^ iPhone or a droid... or even some foreign super Nokia.
    not to start a new argument or anything, but why ditch Sprint because your not getting the blackberry you want? you wanna jump ship for an Iphone or droid when Sprint is getting the Evo 4G and nexis one this year.

I am in the same boat as you i am waiting on a new blackberry for sprint but will go with another brand if i am not impressed but i wont leave the service.
    03-31-10 08:14 PM
    To all the people who prefer IPhone/Android/Whatever: Why are you on a Blackberry message board? If you're going to knock the Blackberry on a message board, why don't you save it for another cell phone forum?
    I, for one, started as a blackberry user, and continue to do so, but as the technology has started moving forward into the future, RIM has been sitting on its laurels not going anywhere. The 9700 bold is considered RIMs flagship device and I think it is one of the best blackberrys I have ever had the priviledge of using. The problem is, my bulky Android phone, with its outdated 1.5 OS is still leaps and bounds ahead of the bold in everyway. RIM needs to wake up and smell the lattes, because neither Apple or Google will be easing up anytime soon. My next device will be the 4G Evo, and like I stated previously, unless RIM does something soon to match what HTC, Samsung, and Google are doing, then they will slowly be losing their market share.

This is all my own 2 sheckles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 09:37 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD