When I got my blacjberry I just went to the at&t stire and said "let's do it". I wasn't aware that there were different models and I took the one they offered which is the 8310.
    I would really like one that has video and now I have learned that the other models have video. Why didn't they offer me me the other ones? Did they not have any but the 8310?
    Which one should I be thinking of getting? I love mine I just want video and I don't want to carry my digital camera around anymore.
    Thanks!
    11-23-08 11:24 AM
    Can't offer u any advice on why u were only offered the 8310, but I can tell u that the video/camera quality WON'T replace ur Digital Camera! I know its a pain to drag it around but trust me you'll be more upset at the quality that the BB takes.

Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 11:33 AM
    The 8310 has video once updated to the 4.5 os.
    11-23-08 11:35 AM
    How difficult is it to upgrade to the OS? I am not very computer savvy and I do everything from my bb.
    11-23-08 11:46 AM
    Not to hard, just read and follow the steps carefully.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-99-a-94790/
    11-23-08 11:50 AM
    Oh man! That looks time consuming and scary guess I will just carry the digital camera around
    11-23-08 11:57 AM
    Takes about 45 min to an hour.
    11-23-08 11:59 AM
    Dang. I wish I had someone to do it for me
    11-23-08 12:03 PM
    Dang. I wish I had someone to do it for me
    You can do it successfully. Just take your time and carefully follow the instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 01:43 PM
    At this time AT&T has not accepted the v4.5xx software for support with their device line. Eventually they will, and the upgrade procedure is nearly automatic.

Until then, you can do it manualy with an approved update from an alternate carrier. The procedure is complicated, but manageable by those with above average to professional computer skills.

Do you know somebody that fits that description? Ask your most Teckie friend for a hand, figure on two hours starting from scratch.

11-23-08 06:50 PM
    Just hold onto your 8310- it's an amazing device and once upgraded it's even better! You'll get video capabilities and HTML email. Once AT&T approves the upgrade (they should do it soon- even Rogers has!) it's simply a matter of plugging your BB into your computer- going to blackberry.com/upgrades in Internet Explorer and letting it do it's thing.

I LOVE my 8310
    11-23-08 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD