I'm a BB newbie and have enjoyed using my Curve for the last few months, despite the fact that I'm on a corporate BES and have a lot of limitations to what I can do with MY BB.

I am an independent contractor agent for a large insurance company. I own my BlackBerry and am responsible for all the fees associated with it. I have been using MY BlackBerry with the corporate BES system until today. Unfortunately our corporate IT department locks down any of the BB's that are on their BES servers and I cannot download my own software, which I've lived with but today I had enough. Today they also disabled my Media Card and Mass Storage support, so all my media files are not accessible on MY BB any longer.

I wiped my device and started from scratch and have removed the IT policy from my device. I was thinking that I could just just forward my company e-mail to a personal e-mail account and have that account pushed to my BB. That takes care of e-mail and I guess all my contacts can be exported out of MS Outlook via Excel and then imported back to my personal computer and synced back to my BB. I'm just trying to figure out how I could make it so my calendar is accessible to my staff. Could I use something like Google Calendar and have my staff go on the internet to review and make appointments for me?

Obviously the corporate IT guys lock down our work PC's too, but I think that I wouldn't have a problem forwarding my e-mail to another e-mail account and I think my staff will be able to get to my Google Calendar. I know I could export my contacts. Will I need to get a hosted exchange account? Do I need to contact AT&T and switch from BES to BIS? Is there anything else I'm missing? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by dvddad; 06-25-08 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Typo
    06-25-08 09:40 PM
    It would be so much simpler if you buy your own service.

IT stands for push back, it always has.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 10:44 PM
    I am buying my own service. I am forwarding my work e-mails to the device. However I need a good way for my staff to check my calendar and make appointments for me on the corporate PC's. I was thinking of using Google Calenders. If they add an appointment on Google Calendars does it automatically sync with my BB? Is any special syncing software needed?
    06-26-08 07:24 PM
    You need to downlad google calendar and google sync and you should be ok. Go to the google mobile site to get all google apps for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 07:29 PM
    I was able to create a rule in outlook at my work, I too got off the corporate BES and bought my phone and pay for my service, although they do reimburse my monthly bill....So the rule make my corporate emails get forwarded no problem, I made a gmail account with the name similar to my corporate email so when I respond they know it's from me.
    06-26-08 07:41 PM
    Welcome to CB
    06-26-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD