The phone was unable to start in the morning after being on its charger for the night. Red light comes on. I am not so concerned about loosing the contact list as loosing the pictures, but of course would like both. Can anyone help me??...I have taken the battery out. I have the phone in a bag of rice, in case its a water issue (due to getting wet in rain but phone was fine when I plugged it in)...I have taken the sim card and put it in an older blackberry but the pics arent there.......help would be much appreciated, thx
    03-28-16 11:27 AM
    unfortunately, if the pictures are on the device memory, you probably wont be able to recover them. You would need to get the phone to boot and be able to be recognized by a pc to copy them all off. Do you have a backup of your phone including the media?
    03-28-16 11:52 AM
    The phone was unable to start in the morning after being on its charger for the night. Red light comes on. I am not so concerned about loosing the contact list as loosing the pictures, but of course would like both. Can anyone help me??...I have taken the battery out. I have the phone in a bag of rice, in case its a water issue (due to getting wet in rain but phone was fine when I plugged it in)...I have taken the sim card and put it in an older blackberry but the pics arent there.......help would be much appreciated, thx
    I'm curious… What phone and operating system are you referring to? You mentioned taking out the sim card to search for your photos but did you mean to say the SD card? Your photos wouldn't be on the sim card.

If they were saved to the SD card then try to mount it on a PC if it has a reader. If it doesn't show then you may attempt recover with a recovery tool - I've used Recuva in the past with good results.
    03-28-16 01:20 PM