I don't want to have to change my sounds (custom profile) before certain times. Is there a program that will change it at designated times? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 05:51 PM
    i want mine to tuck me in before i go to bed.
    09-24-09 05:56 PM
    i have mine set up so when i use the holster, it keeps quiet.
    09-24-09 05:57 PM
    There's an app that will switch profiles at a set time... I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head though.

I just have my Curve set to turn off shortly after bed time, and it automatically turns on with the alarm, or at a pre-set time on weekends...
    09-24-09 06:07 PM
    I like smnc's idea. Set it to turn off at a certain time then turn back on in the morning. I think I might do the same actually. Maybe I'll spend less time in the crackberry forums too...

09-24-09 06:11 PM
    I used to do that, but missed a couple really important calls. Like many of you, i dont have a land line so my mobile is all I have. If anyone can remember that app name, that would be greaaaat!!
    09-24-09 06:14 PM
    Profiler is the the name of the App.
    09-24-09 06:34 PM
    Yup, Profiler is the one I was thinking of...

There's also BlackBerry Profile Scheduler, but the name isn't as catchy and it costs more...
    09-24-09 07:06 PM
    Awesome thanks! Good sleep is well worth the 6 bucks.

09-24-09 07:54 PM
    Yup, Profiler is the one I was thinking of...

There's also BlackBerry Profile Scheduler, but the name isn't as catchy and it costs more...
    Thanks for the link didn't know of these apps

09-24-09 07:59 PM
    No problem! Glad to help.
    09-24-09 08:17 PM
    Os 5.0 will set a profile when in bed side mode, been usin that n free all but phone comes through so txts etc r silent

09-25-09 06:23 AM
    The tour has that ability when you connect it to a power source. If you enable the clock to come on, you can have it set to any profile you want. And then when you remove it from the power source it goes back to what ever profile you were using before.
    09-25-09 06:38 AM
    The only curveball to all this might be if you have a password/lock that kicks in after a certain amount of time. Can something like Profiler makes changes if the phone is locked?

09-25-09 07:12 AM
    You can use that new bQuiet app. I am pretty sure they just placed it in today's app roundup
    09-25-09 07:57 AM
    I tried the bQuiet app. Its a very simple app that will only allow you to change the profile once per day and only at a set interval of time. Not time of day. eg: if you have a meeting for 2 hours you can tell bQuiet to switch profile to quiet and then after 2 hours switch it back to Loud or other profile.

The bedside mode solution is great but only if you remember to enter bedside mode, before bed. If you like to charge your phone throughout the day and don't want your profile to change, your SOL.

Profiler is sweet, unless you have Quickpull and schedule the battery pull at night. Cuz you have to restart the app, profiler, when you wake up. Defeating the purpose of an automatic profile changer.

I'm off my soapbox now.

09-25-09 08:17 PM
    I've always been the type to keep my phones, Blackberries or otherwise, on vibrate all of the time. It's just what I've gotten used to and I'm never embarrassed because my phone went off during something quiet / important.

However, after recently upgrading to the Storm 2, this has become a problem since the Storm 2's vibrate is so loud (almost like a quiet ringtone). For the most part it's great because I can actually hear / feel it (unlike the Storm 1), but when I get an email at 6am while I'm in bed, I get jolted out of sleep because the darn thing is so loud. I went looking for an app to switch my profile to silent while I'm asleep. I did the trial of Profiler, but it was complex (and not free) and just wasn't working out for me.

Then I read the forum here and tried the bedside mode on devices with OS 5.0 or higher. I can easily set it to Phone Calls Only when in bedside mode. I have it set so that when I plug in the charger it automatically enters bedside mode - it also dismisses the clock automatically and is restricted to sleeping hours so that when I hook it up to the charger at work bedside mode (and therefor the silent profile) won't activate at that time.

Solves my problem and I'm happy, without the need for an additional app (free or paid).
    11-19-09 06:28 AM
    Um ok. I created a profile that I named, creatively, "Sleep". It silences all notifications except for calls (in case there's an emergency and someone's trying to reach me at 3:57 a.m. Here's the process that's involved in switching from my usual "vibrate only" profile to the "sleep" profile:

1. Place phone in hand;
    2. Depress the "profiles" hot spot on my home screen;
    3. Scroll to the "sleep" profile; and
    4. Select the "sleep" profile by depressing the screen in the location where "sleep" is displayed;
    5. Carry phone to bedroom;
    6. Place phone on bedside table;
    7. Get into bed (I have to do this manually, since I haven't been able to find a way to automate that procedure. Maybe I'll start a thread about that...); and
    8. Sleep.

Seriously though, have we become so lazy that the 5 seconds it takes to set a different profile requires a $6 app? That's sort of pathetic IMO. Just saying...
    11-19-09 06:52 AM
    You would spend 6 bucks so you don't have to click the speaker in the upper left corner of your screen and then click, "Vibrate" or "Quiet"? Seriously? I'll keep my 6 bucks. That's 3 beers plus tip at my local bar.
    11-19-09 01:28 PM
    Gladly pay $6 (Profiler goes on sale frequently enough that it really is only about $3) so I'm never woken up in the middle of the night because I had too many things on my mind when I went to bed and forgot to switch profiles. It is not about being lazy and more about being forgetful.

The calendar switching also helps on those wedding, funeral, meeting embarrassing mistakes of forgetting to switch to a silent profile.
    11-19-09 03:30 PM
    I have the "profiler app" as well, I use to manually switch profiles but using this app to schedule an profile change is just convenient for me .I guess to each their own on this but thats what works best for me.Just because you may wish to do it manually doesnt it mean its for lazy people for example I dont drink beer but I dont say all that do drink beer are alcoholics its a personal preference.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 11-20-09 at 05:36 PM.
    11-20-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD