Ok, considering you're in a position where you can afford / want to buy shares.
    Would you buy RIM's now ?

Vote here : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...shares-666490/

P.S (1) : please vote only if you really consider buying shares (whatever it could be), not because you like/dislike or trust/untrust RIM.
    P.S (2) : voting alone will not bump the thread (anticipating the expected: hey dude stop self promotion of your crap)

Here's the current poll result (running since feb 2011).
    Attached Thumbnails I want more than 50% !-capture.jpg  
    12-13-12 07:00 AM
    I am waiting for the 20th to decide
    q649 likes this.
    12-13-12 07:01 AM
    Where can i vote. The link is just the old thread. I already bought and still holding since 7.80
    12-13-12 07:04 AM
    Where can i vote. The link is just the old thread. I already bought and still holding since 7.80
    Right.

Superfly, you should make a new poll with a few options. Ex: I Hold RIM stock and am planning on buying more, I own no RIM shares but planning on buying shares, I have no shares and do not plan on buying.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-13-12 07:37 AM
    Smart move. You might get a good entry point if results are below expectations OR you might miss the boat.
    12-13-12 07:41 AM
    Smart move. You might get a good entry point if results are below expectations OR you might miss the boat.
    Yep, it can go either way. I'm holding off for the same reasons, although it won't go near $6.22 again.
    12-13-12 07:45 AM
    Right.

Superfly, you should make a new poll with a few options. Ex: I Hold RIM stock and am planning on buying more, I own no RIM shares but planning on buying shares, I have no shares and do not plan on buying.
    Thanks, but the trend is interesting ... I believe those who have voted already have stated the global spirit (of our community) as of date.
    What I'd like to see is if there are new comers and/or how the stock is perceived now.
    12-13-12 07:46 AM
    The 20th will be last chance for shorts to cover their poor judgement. RIM will definitely report a loss despite selling millions of BB7 devices but imo three factors will push the stock significantly higher:

1) The positive press and general excitement are worrying the shorts (100 million shares+ !!) They are definitely waiting to cover on 20th. IE.. they will be buying

2) People looking to buy on the excitement are waiting for a big dip (20th) IE.. more buying

3) 80% of shares are now held by institutions and insiders. Fairfax, yacktman, canadian banks loaded up some more this fall. They won't be selling on the 20th. Rim.to could easily reach book value by Jan.

Long time BB10 believer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-13-12 07:57 AM
    The 20th will be last chance for shorts to cover their poor judgement. RIM will definitely report a loss despite selling millions of BB7 devices but imo three factors will push the stock significantly higher:

1) The positive press and general excitement are worrying the shorts (100 million shares+ !!) They are definitely waiting to cover on 20th. IE.. they will be buying

2) People looking to buy on the excitement are waiting for a big dip (20th) IE.. more buying

3) 80% of shares are now held by institutions and insiders. Fairfax, yacktman, canadian banks loaded up some more this fall. They won't be selling on the 20th. Rim.to could easily reach book value by Jan.

Long time BB10 believer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    agree on all accounts, but I think risk is lower to wait until the 20th. I don't think this quarters earnings and performance are figured in current share price as the movement has been entirely on momentum and speculation until now. Any potential dip could happen then, from there you can see a slow and steady build once again. If earnings are not as disappointing as some anticipate, we will see a bounce like last quarter on the 20th, however, I think there will be plenty of time to buy at this stage as the bounce up is typically much slower then the sell drop if earnings post lower than expected. At that stage a $0.5 or even $1 bounce up won't matter to a medium to long term investor. Day traders is a different story, but I'm not a day trader. Hence why I'm waiting until the 20th (this is my retirement fund, don;t feel like taking too many chances). I missed the boat a couple months back, so I might as well wait until the 20th. Until then I comfortably invested in banks and energy waiting to pounce on RIM when the time is right. Once I'm in on RIM, I will likely hold for 1 year (or course that depends on BB10 sales ....won't go down with the ship for th sake of holding if things don't work)
    Superfly_FR and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-13-12 08:27 AM
    (this is my retirement fund, don;t feel like taking too many chances) [...] won't go down with the ship for th sake of holding if things don't work)
    Caution is the master with that type of investment (but, as you stated, you're aware of it, just wanted to repeat again).
    12-13-12 08:34 AM
    right now the price of the stock is due to last quarter surprising results and all the other stuff actually happening. If RIM reports something terrible then watch out but if they still manage to increase their user-base, I suspect it will start closing in on $20, which is where it should be anyway, imo.

BTW I don't usually hold shares but when I do it's only for a month. Having said that the 21th is options expiration so I will decide around then.
    12-13-12 09:26 AM
    Yep, it can go either way. I'm holding off for the same reasons, although it won't go near $6.22 again.
    This is why you buy in stages. You might want to consider buying a bit now or before Dec 20th, then a bit after the 20th. Don't go all in with one purchase, but don't be so scared that you never buy anything.
    12-13-12 09:55 AM
    Is that a *bump* ?
    Well, Kinda ... but ... we have it now

12-13-2012, 02:00 PM

I want more than 50% !-capture2.jpg

01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
    I want more than 50% !-capture.jpg
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-04-13 12:28 PM
    I am a poor wage slave, in bankrupcy, but I will buy shares, because I totally believe the shares are undervalued, and I can get a reasonable return on investment
    01-04-13 10:59 PM
    Is that a *bump* - again?
    Well, Kinda ... but ... we have it, easy, now

12-13-2012, 02:00 PM : 49,71%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	130286

01-04-2013, 07:28 PM : 51,01 %
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	130285[/QUOTE]

01-27-2013 01:46 PM : 55,49%
    I want more than 50% !-capture.png
    01-27-13 06:47 AM
    You should start a new poll.
    That poll was started so long ago that some people who might not have bought shares back then, would buy shares now.
    01-27-13 09:52 PM
    Hi
    Yes I have bought shares can't wait fot BB 10
    01-27-13 10:38 PM
    @Jake & Bold : I think it's more interesting to have new votes ... it's the trend we measure here, not an absolute value
    Snapshot : we're now over 590 voters and 59% buyers.
    Attached Thumbnails I want more than 50% !-capture.jpg  
    02-11-13 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD