I have the Passport and really like it so far. It's perfect for me since I ride the bus 40 minutes each way and then plug it in at work and use Blend while at work. But, I'd love to be able to quickly switch to my q10 for the weekend since it's small and I can toss it into my pocket easily. In my perfect world I could write the entire system to the micro SD and just switch it between devices. I don't want to have to enter the 20 different passwords each time (emails, BBM, cloud services, cloud storage, etc), I just want to dump to SD, plug it into the other device, and keep going. No doubt there are a ton of security issues to consider with such an option but it would be a huge benefit to someone like me who isn't tethered to a BES server and only has to worry about it for my personal use.
    09-26-14 06:57 AM
    Interesting idea. But what would happen if you lost your phone with the SD card in it...or worse yet, it gets stolen?
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    09-27-14 01:11 AM
    I assume (devil is in the details, no doubt this would get very complicated on the back end) but the SD card could be encrypted and only unlocked with your blackberry ID. So, losing your phone would be no different than losing it now. If the password is enabled there would be no way to access the contents of the card.
    09-29-14 07:00 AM