I bought a sprint pearl 8130 and renewed my contract about 6 months ago and I love my BB!
    But I really want a Curve 8330 instead!!!

I don't have the money to pay full price for a Curve, but I am willing to sell my Pearl to get some money.

I need help! What is the best way to go about selling my Pearl and purchasing a Curve?
    10-26-08 07:35 PM
    Craiglist or EBay

The classic "buyer's remorse"

lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 07:37 PM
    I'm in the same place. I really like the form factor of the pearl but it so hard getting around the small on board memory. The larger size screen and full keyboard will be a nice plus too.
    10-26-08 07:50 PM
    I might EBay your old phone, get the $, then get your curve. Best of luck!
    10-26-08 07:54 PM
    yea!! me and my co workers are talking abut how much they hated the bb pearl.. WEll try to find like a pawn shop or like a next to new type of cell phone trade store.. to buy a curve...
    10-26-08 07:55 PM
    Thanks for the help!

Zannor--- I always said I would never get a curve. I loved my pearl waaaay too much! But i used my friend's curve today and fell in love!!! I NEED IT NOWW!
    10-26-08 07:56 PM
    Notorious-- where are those?? How do I find one??
    10-26-08 07:56 PM
    Notorious-- where are those?? How do I find one??
    Haha cruise the streets or google map a pawn shop. They probably wouldn't give you much though

10-26-08 08:06 PM
    cool thanks!

what do you guys think about buying a Curve on ebay??

Do you trust it?
    10-26-08 08:14 PM
    Always use caution. Read the seller reviews. Buy from known sources (major ebay sellers) if possible. Read the fine print on refunds, warranty, etc. Best of luck to you.
    10-26-08 08:46 PM
    ok, thank you so much.
    I am pretty nervous about using ebay.
    10-26-08 08:50 PM
    i sold my old 8130 pink VZW pearl(3 month old) on ebay for 225 can't believe someone paid that lol!

i think the curve retails for 450 or so? Check Sprints website.
    10-26-08 08:50 PM
    Check the feedback and refund policiy most importantly. Try to avoid huge "ebay companies."

10-26-08 09:01 PM
    I've had pretty good luck with ebay I buy my kids phones on there when they break theirs and so far (3 times) I've been lucky. Just make sure they are reputable with the customers.

10-26-08 09:20 PM
    I use eBay all the time for buying things..Especially phones. Just make sure the feedback is really good and you should be alright.
    10-26-08 09:22 PM
    Sell your pearl on here then buy a curve.

10-26-08 09:23 PM
    I was at the VZW store this weekend and was going to use my NE2 for an "upgrade" from an 8830 to the 8330. They told me to wait until my billing cycle ends cause my 8830 is set up right now for Global and they can't pro-rate that portion of it.

I figured I'd do this and end up paying full retail for the Storm or Niagra later on. That'll let me give my 8830 to the wife so we can use BBM, and then if I get the Storm or Niagra, I'll have a backup if something goes wrong / breaks / gets lost.

I looked at the tech specs of the 8830 vs 8330 and the 8330 actually had more memory and a faster processor (she'll never know, just won't like that I'll have a camera and she won't).

Now I'm still in a toss-up on that! The VZW store manager said that if I used the NE2 to get the Curve, I can then trade it back if / when the Storm gets released within the 30-day trial period. But I'm not sure if I really want to do it or not, I'd have to play with the Storm first to see if it's worth it.
    10-26-08 09:33 PM
    I was at the VZW store this weekend and was going to use my NE2 for an "upgrade" from an 8830 to the 8330. They told me to wait until my billing cycle ends cause my 8830 is set up right now for Global and they can't pro-rate that portion of it.

I figured I'd do this and end up paying full retail for the Storm or Niagra later on. That'll let me give my 8830 to the wife so we can use BBM, and then if I get the Storm or Niagra, I'll have a backup if something goes wrong / breaks / gets lost.

I looked at the tech specs of the 8830 vs 8330 and the 8330 actually had more memory and a faster processor (she'll never know, just won't like that I'll have a camera and she won't).

Now I'm still in a toss-up on that! The VZW store manager said that if I used the NE2 to get the Curve, I can then trade it back if / when the Storm gets released within the 30-day trial period. But I'm not sure if I really want to do it or not, I'd have to play with the Storm first to see if it's worth it.
    well! If you are going to pay outright from one and you want both, i would use ur NE2 to get the storm and outright buy the curve....The curve is in the 400-450 range(i believe) and storm is projected to be in 700 range outright.

eek! thats an expensive extra phone
    10-26-08 09:37 PM
    well! If you are going to pay outright from one and you want both, i would use ur NE2 to get the storm and outright buy the curve....The curve is in the 400-450 range(i believe) and storm is projected to be in 700 range outright.

eek! thats an expensive extra phone
    Ahh... This I looked at but I heard (RUMOR) that VZW should be getting the Javelin / Niagra around May / June of 2009 so that or the Storm could always be a birthday present to myself (like I've done every year, for about 10 years).

But in all honesty, I think it'll work out the same:

1. Get Curve on NE2 ($179.99) - $100 rebate for renewing contract - $ 70 Mail-in Rebate = FREE!!! ; then pay full retail (guessing $700ish)

2. Use NE2 on Storm ($300 guestimate from forums / speculation) - $100 for NE2 = $200 out of pocket expense ; THEN purchase a new 8330 for $450. So it'll work out to like $650

So either way, from what I can gather it'll work out the same. OR just wait and see if the Javelin / Niagra come out, then decide on that or the Storm...
    10-26-08 09:51 PM
    Ahh... This I looked at but I heard (RUMOR) that VZW should be getting the Javelin / Niagra around May / June of 2009 so that or the Storm could always be a birthday present to myself (like I've done every year, for about 10 years).

But in all honesty, I think it'll work out the same:

1. Get Curve on NE2 ($179.99) - $100 rebate for renewing contract - $ 70 Mail-in Rebate = FREE!!! ; then pay full retail (guessing $700ish)

2. Use NE2 on Storm ($300 guestimate from forums / speculation) - $100 for NE2 = $200 out of pocket expense ; THEN purchase a new 8330 for $450. So it'll work out to like $650

So either way, from what I can gather it'll work out the same. OR just wait and see if the Javelin / Niagra come out, then decide on that or the Storm...
    oooooh javelin is sexy! If it comes out may/june....may is my bday so it will be a bday present for me too

I forgot u said NE2...I am a self proclaimed phone wh**e! Paid full retail for almost every phone i have bought, so i see what you are saying!
    10-26-08 09:54 PM
    oooooh javelin is sexy! If it comes out may/june....may is my bday so it will be a bday present for me too

I forgot u said NE2...I am a self proclaimed phone wh**e! Paid full retail for almost every phone i have bought, so i see what you are saying!
    Can you say, "ballin"!
    10-26-08 10:16 PM

Oh, I do the same thing, trust me. The VZW store loves me and laughs at me all the time. When the Palm 700w came out, I paid like $650+ for it at full retail, got the 8830WE full retail (like $450 I think), and soon possibly the Niagra or the Storm at full retail although from the recent review on the Blog page, I'd probably get the Niagra over the Storm.

The only time I'd actually spend NO money to get a phone is if I got the Curve, cause it'd be free!
    10-27-08 08:21 AM
    10-27-08 09:21 AM
    I've used E-Bay for numerous transactions including phones....no problems. I am in the same boat....have the Pearl and want to get the Curve. Craigslist is another option
    10-27-08 08:16 PM
    eBay and/or craigslist. I'm in the same boat and can't wait for my next upgrade opportunity! I'm looking forward to the bigger screen and full keyboard.
    10-28-08 06:30 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD