BlackBerry is the only company on the face of the earth that has a customer base that will not pay a few bucks for anything, yet these same people hope BlackBerry survives and turns a profit. The demands of I want this and that are mind boggling at times. BlackBerry should do this and that, they missed the boat etc goes on and on. Yet when they do get it bang on, I want, but don't expect me to pay!...well I would rather pay a few bucks for quality apps that don't data mine or waste my time and screen real estate with advertisements. I would like to pay for apps that are developed directly by BlackBerry or at least developer partnerships. We are talking a few bucks over the course of a year for a device we use everyday all day long. Remember these three words but you can only pick any two. Good, Fast, and Cheap!
    If you want it Good and Fast it won't be Cheap! If you want it Fast and Cheap it won't be Good. If you want it Good and Cheap it won't be fast!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Playbook007; 11-03-14 at 09:16 PM.
    11-03-14 08:49 PM
    Wow. Definitely agree with this. If we want Blackberry to survive, if we want their technology in our hands we need to be willing to support them as well. That costs money. I gave them $600.00 this week for the Passport. Just waiting for it to arrive!

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-03-14 08:53 PM
    1000% in agreeance! CrackBerry member since purchasing a Z10 near launch. I've always been amazed at the amount of cheapskates on this forum.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    David Robertson4 likes this.
    11-03-14 09:47 PM
    Paying for the phone is more than enough.
    moreover, why pay more when you have cheaper and versatile alternatives? I bet most of the people will move rightaway to other cheaper apps.
    I don't own blackberry ltd., i'm a customer who wants best value for money. If one thing doesn't work, customers move to something else - and that's what exactly happened when people moved from legacy to androids and ios - people weren't getting the best out of their investment.
    why customers have to pay more for the managements' wrongdoings
    Last edited by Q90; 11-04-14 at 05:05 AM.
    11-03-14 10:11 PM
    So true I bought apps before and will continue once it works also the some a the ones I buy don't work so well lol but I still support blackberry these phones are so good love that.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-03-14 10:15 PM
    I support native developers and BlackBerry of course. Thanks for writing for all of us OP

#BBFactCheck
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-03-14 10:18 PM
    So true I bought apps before and will continue once it works also the some a the ones I buy don't work so well lol but I still support blackberry these phones are so good love that.

Posted via CB10
    Second that

Z30 Beast on Roids..C00463C72
    11-03-14 10:21 PM
    It may be that we're cheap since in the old days you paid a premium for any app that was available and you didn't have the option to try before you bought. I paid for quite a few apps that turned out to be awful, but too bad for me. I don't mind paying for what I want, but I could care less about having snapchat like features on BBM, so I won't pay for them. Doesn't mean I want anything for free.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-03-14 10:30 PM
    Oh wow! I'm so cheap! I bought a Z10 for 600 bucks, a Z30 for 600 bucks and now a passport for 700!

And I'm a broke *** college student.

I'm sure cheap!

Oh wait... yeah don't charge for crappy features on BBM.

There are free alternatives, and they have bigger userbases.

It's not about being cheap, it's about getting value for money. And BBM does not give value for money.

Now, if they add a tonne of features, and make it a reasonable price, then sure, I'll consider it.

But right now they mentioned two underwhelming features. They continue to have crappy ios, android and wp apps, and are still missing the basics to even match up to the competition.

They're dreaming if they think they can charge, and you are all even more dreaming if you think it's worth paying for.

Passport on Wind
    11-03-14 10:32 PM
    We already paid. That's why we're here

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:36 PM
    I paid full price for the 9780, 9900, Z10. Own a PlayBook, another Z10 and Q10. As well as many OEM cases. So, definitely NOT a cheapskate.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-03-14 10:45 PM
    Lol BlackBerry should just create a fund where u can just donate to them for no reason

Not agreeing with what they plan to do for BBM doesn't make anyone cheap. BBM finally after many years starts go get new features and now BlackBerry wants to charge for them. Whatever! For many of us, even if we did pay for these features, if our BBM friends don't, then these features are useless.

BBM isn't even a top 3 messenger in terms of size. How about get your userbase up to the point where people are hooked, and then charge for features. At the pace BBM is growing, that's gonna be a long time

We'll see how this all plays out

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:46 PM
    Could not disagree more... If you want to see wanting something for nothing... look not further than the land of Android... Spend lots of time there and if there is anywhere place where something for nothing rules the land it is there.......if any group wants something for nothing... that is the place... My observation of many BB users are a vocal crowd.... they do not just go on about price... they go on about what in their world does not work the way the want and decide if it is no good to them it is no good for anyone.... In a nutshell the negativity club...... I find myself here less and less as I find the whole adittude tedious....
    11-03-14 11:01 PM
    BlackBerry is the only company on the face of the earth that has a customer base that will not pay a few bucks for anything, yet these same people hope BlackBerry survives and turns a profit. The demands of I want this and that are mind boggling at times. BlackBerry should do this and that, they missed the boat etc goes on and on. Yet when they do get it bang on, I want, but don't expect me to pay!...well I would rather pay a few bucks for quality apps that don't data mine or waste my time and screen real estate with advertisements. I would like to pay for apps that are developed directly by BlackBerry or at least developer partnerships. We are talking a few bucks over the course of a year for a device we use everyday all day long. Remember these three words but you can only pick any two. Good, Fast, and Cheap!
    If you want it Good and Fast it won't be Cheap! If you want it Fast and Cheap it won't be Good. If you want it Good and Cheap it won't be fast!

Posted via CB10
    I usually find myself agreeing with a lot of what you post, but not this time if you are referring to bbm. I will pay for good apps. But I don't see how paying for bbm "premium" features will help BlackBerry. If anything, it will turn people away and the user base will shrink. I hope to be proven wrong. I posted elsewhere that my young adult daughter, who owns a Q10, said very few of her friends use bbm. Most use texting, FB and Snapchat. Why would they pay for features already free on Snapchat for example? BlackBerry is not yet in a position to charge for features. They need to grow the user base first. Significantly.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:22 PM
    Worst thread iv seen in awhile.

There are cheap people everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:29 PM
    BlackBerry is becoming a rich man's phone again and I for one love that. Cant wait to get rid of the always complaining cheapskate crackberry crowd.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:32 PM
    Oh wow! I'm so cheap! I bought a Z10 for 600 bucks, a Z30 for 600 bucks and now a passport for 700!

And I'm a broke *** college student.

I'm sure cheap!

Oh wait... yeah don't charge for crappy features on BBM.

There are free alternatives, and they have bigger userbases.

It's not about being cheap, it's about getting value for money. And BBM does not give value for money.

Now, if they add a tonne of features, and make it a reasonable price, then sure, I'll consider it.

But right now they mentioned two underwhelming features. They continue to have crappy ios, android and wp apps, and are still missing the basics to even match up to the competition.

They're dreaming if they think they can charge, and you are all even more dreaming if you think it's worth paying for.

Passport on Wind
    I'm a college student too but I stay in my lane. You aren't forced to pay for it but it's the complaining. Like the person complaining about 599$ passport not coming with a holster because he's been a CB member since it's inception

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    Carl Estes and SmileDahling like this.
    11-04-14 12:00 AM
    Too bad BlackBerry can't use Channels to bring in a buck or two and keep BBM features free.
    OLY-JIM and gfondeur like this.
    11-04-14 12:11 AM
    I totally disagree with OP.

BlackBerry should be lucky that I still use their products. 99% of people don't waste their time with BlackBerry.

We are not cheap. It's just that BlackBerry is not making products worth paying for.

They want to make money from bbm while they still don't offer anything with paying for on bbm. For starters, pretty much very few people use Bbm these days. Why am I going to pay to time messages to myself?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:24 AM

Isn't paying for the phone more than enough? services associated with the phone should be free.
    Apple provides you with an iCloud account with lots of features, so does google.
    i bet when blackberry releases its own cloud services, they'll charge for it
    11-04-14 12:26 AM
    services associated with the phone should be free.
    It's not a service associated with the phone it's an app!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:36 AM
    It's not a service associated with the phone it's an app!

Posted via CB10
    and what does the app provides?
    11-04-14 12:41 AM
    It will provide totally awesome features that will be worth paying for or not.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:45 AM
    AAhh...I am going to stay out of CB till this BBM $h!t stops
    11-04-14 01:23 AM
    I pay for my phone and I pay for my apps in the BlackBerry world.

And I am not paying for BBM when there are so many free messenger apps.

BlackBerry is not a charity, and I am not going to ask them to charge me more. Lol

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    11-04-14 01:29 AM
270 123 ...