I want BB10 predominantly, not Android-1478222521381.jpg
    m1kr0 and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-16 08:22 PM
    The thing that amazes me is how, even on Crackberry, Chen has been able to convert so many formerly loyal BB10 lovers to, not only accept, but promote, defend and extol the virtues of Android. What sort of Jedi mind trick is this?
    Although I appreciate your insinuation that I am somehow weak minded, I find the BlackBerry Android experience substantially superior, despite my fondness for BB10.
    11-03-16 08:23 PM
    The thing that amazes me is how, even on Crackberry, Chen has been able to convert so many formerly loyal BB10 lovers to, not only accept, but promote, defend and extol the virtues of Android. What sort of Jedi mind trick is this?
    I know right? People who used to hate android OS are now praising androids
    11-03-16 08:34 PM
    I know right? People who used to hate android OS are now praising androids
    Android 6.0 with enhanced BlackBerry security is a looooong way from Ice Cream Sandwich. The play surface has changed drastically over the last few years.
    krazyatom and app_Developer like this.
    11-03-16 08:38 PM
    You can't have targeted ads without data collection.

I feel that Google has better firewalls, privacy policies, and security governance than any government, bank, or medical practitioner that I deal with.
    Wrong. Gmail is not hippa compliant. Business Gmail just got hippa certs but the free crap is just more than crap. Who pays for Gmail? I'll bet the poll would be very very low.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-03-16 09:10 PM
    Wrong. Gmail is not hippa compliant. Business Gmail just got hippa certs but the free crap is just more than crap. Who pays for Gmail? I'll bet the poll would be very very low.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    I'm not talking about the email service. I'm referring to the data that is collected and stored on Google's servers.
    11-03-16 09:17 PM
    At the very least, they now have something to licence going forward, which they wouldn't have had otherwise.
    License Android?! They have no hardware anymore to license and android isn't theirs to license...
    11-03-16 10:10 PM
    License Android?! They have no hardware anymore to license and android isn't theirs to license...
    They are licencing their hardened-Android (which they have every right to do), and their app suite. This was clearly stated by the COO.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-16 10:14 PM
    Now you think they can afford to develop Android and BB10 and offer people the choice - most of whom would chose Android due to the app situation anyway? BB would burn through its remaining cash within a year and be bankrupt.
    Most of the existing BlackBerry users before the release of the Priv chose not to buy an android BlackBerry phone despite the app situation.
    They chose to stay with BB10 or move to something else but android BlackBerry.
    11-03-16 10:24 PM
    They are licencing their hardened-Android (which they have every right to do), and their app suite. This was clearly stated by the COO.
    We'll see about licensing a secure android ...
    The app suite is not more successful than their android phones. Based on past record, they will stop supporting most of those apps soon.
    11-03-16 10:27 PM
    The app suite is not more successful than their android phones.
    Where are your metrics for this statement? Looking at Cobalt's Priv thread would seem to suggest there are quite a number of non-Blackberry users of the suite.
    11-03-16 10:37 PM
    We'll see about licensing a secure android ...
    The app suite is not more successful than their android phones. Based on past record, they will stop supporting most of those apps soon.
    Check the downloads on Google play for BlackBerry Hub+ services and check the same for specific BlackBerry apps like BlackBerry camera or BlackBerry Hub and you will know for yourself

Actually here you go

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Attachment 411307

BlackBerry keyboard

Attachment 411308

BlackBerry HUB+ Services
    11-04-16 12:09 AM
    Where are your metrics for this statement? Looking at Cobalt's Priv thread would seem to suggest there are quite a number of non-Blackberry users of the suite.
    BB10 didn't shut down the Handset Division but with the introduction of Android and with 2 Devices of Android, handset business is shut. Yes we can blame it on bb10 but if it was the case then they would have shut bb10 long after Z30. Chen wouldn't launch Passport or Classic or Leap. If he saw BB10 draining money like anything as a good business mind he would have stop it.

Surely no matter what all says that Android by BlackBerry is best then bb10 but it's not except for Apps. Remove all the extra apps from Android and BB10 which are downloaded from their respective app store and compare, BB10 would beat Android anytime.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 03:20 AM
    It is too late to speculate. Once the remaining inventory is sold, the only people that will be thinking about or discussing BB10 are here on CB. Fans will love their phones and brandish them like treasured antiques. Buy a Q10 or Passport and stock up on extra keyboards and batteries. Learn how to fix your own phone. It will be a fun hobby.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, DrBoomBotz and TgeekB like this.
    11-04-16 07:21 AM
    I can confirm that. I was in grade 11/12 in 2010, and BlackBerry was by far the most popular phone in my high school and many many others. It's exactly like you said, everyone wanted it because of bbm.

That all changed in 2011 when the iPhone 4 was released, that started the downfall of BlackBerry
    Yeah. Android is responsible for BB's fall, not iOS. At least outside of California.
    11-04-16 07:24 AM
    Remove all the extra apps from Android and BB10 which are downloaded from their respective app store and compare, BB10 would beat Android anytime.

Posted via CB10
    This is a meaningless and arbitrary restriction.
    11-04-16 08:02 AM
    Most of the existing BlackBerry users before the release of the Priv chose not to buy an android BlackBerry phone despite the app situation.
    They chose to stay with BB10 or move to something else but android BlackBerry.
    Those "existing BB users" were steadily leaving BB10 themselves - that's why BB10 sales fell every quarter, far below sustainable levels, and with no sign of a turn-around. BB was losing $100+ dollars with every BB10 phone they sold, and that number was increasing as sales volumes continued to drop. Moving to Android wasn't really an attempt to "save the handset business" but rather to "push the end date out a little further" - which it accomplished. It also gives them something to license, since no other company was interested in BB10.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-04-16 09:25 AM
    Can't we all just get along and agree that BB10 has the best "out of the box" experience of any dead platform. Better even than WebOS offered, and it beats my iPhone hollow which has to rely on those gazillions of Apps to be productive.

Well done BB10!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-04-16 09:27 AM
    I am talking about the apps which are preinstalled by default in both Android and bb10..

Posted via CB10
    Are Google Play Store and BlackBerry World not pre-installed too?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-04-16 09:31 AM
    I want billion dollars but I don't have job

Posted from Q10 via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-04-16 09:40 AM
    Those "existing BB users" were steadily leaving BB10 themselves - that's why BB10 sales fell every quarter, far below sustainable levels, and with no sign of a turn-around. BB was losing $100+ dollars with every BB10 phone they sold, and that number was increasing as sales volumes continued to drop. Moving to Android wasn't really an attempt to "save the handset business" but rather to "push the end date out a little further" - which it accomplished. It also gives them something to license, since no other company was interested in BB10.
    I suspect that all they will be licensing is the BlackBerry name and logo. If there is no third party willing to take on the Mercury, I suspect that their Android app suite will go into mothballs until EOL. Maybe this time next year.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 09:41 AM
    DeadOSNations.com - The fan site for Newton, Windows CE, Palm OS, webOS, BBOS, BB10, etc. That's a lot of mobile operating systems over the years so it should be sustainable.
    DrBoomBotz, Bbnivende and TgeekB like this.
    11-04-16 10:20 AM
    ...you say, oblivious of the fact that Android owns 83% of the global smartphone market and activates more than 1 billion devices per year (more per day than BB sells across all platforms in a quarter).
    Currently Driod are so popular for two reasons that BB doesn't have: (1) App eco system - large installed base and open OS for anyone to use... little or no supervision... developer can trail and error their way to maturity... -of course, that exclude no body... vast landscape (lots of developers), anything goes... (2) large Driod base in China- Qualcomm's chip 60% deal settlement with Chinese Gov benefit droid handset maker on top of the cheap labour. Spec can be inflated to high level with cheap component cost (key components). - the situation is some what like microsoft vs apple early years... Microsoft choice to massive cover the landscape of software application, regardless good or bad, Apple select elite programmer for specific target application - like movie making, music industry, etc... Microsoft make money on massive user basis.. apple make sort of money based on high margin low volume base in the early years. Rest is history. BB currently is in neither... Droid BB try to get into massive but plus "add value" BB suit... will see how that impact on the 1 billion Driod... How many will willing to switch to BB in the future.. that need another 2 years to see (two year contract end time...) for consumer, As for Corp. BB would need to show benefit at handset level compare to iOS and Pixel alike if security for BES are good for all... Until that happen (CIO convinced... so far I have yet to see the argument from BB benefit, such as 50 or 60), it is hard pressed to see how much market gain...
    11-04-16 11:08 AM
    Are Google Play Store and BlackBerry World not pre-installed too?
    What if BlackBerry haven't gone to Android, what if they stopped their handset division after Priv (which had come out with BB10 not Android)
    And not secure Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 11:59 AM
    [warn] Let's all take a couple deep breaths and continue on without the snide commentary. [/warn]
    11-04-16 01:16 PM
229 ... 78910