There is no benefit in going from BB OS10 to android. Anyone disagree?
    feather
    thurask likes this.
    11-01-16 10:32 PM
    Why Cupcake (1.5, as there were no Samsung phones with 1.0 only HTC Dream/G1)? In 2013 current android version was 4.4. There are many 2013 android phones that are as fast or faster than yours z10 and q5.
    Because he wanted a 2016 vs 2013 contest vs another poster so I mirrored it the other way. Plus I do have a bunch of crap early android Samsungs hanging around here circa 2011 to 2013 to give away. None work properly however none have ignited so their not all that bad.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 10:45 PM
    http://www.h-online.com/open/feature...og-955421.html

This is an interview from 2010 with a professor at Columbia Law School and general council at the Free software Foundation who predicted very well what is happening now.
    It's something all those who defend Google and freebies should read.
    11-01-16 11:18 PM
    Coming from many years on the BBS 10 to android and using this platform i myself wouldn't go back. Blackberry did that right.
    11-02-16 05:41 AM
    No fair. Your dtek60 is way faster than my Q5 or z10 so it becomes a measure of hardware. I will give you an old Samsung on Android 1.0 and then we can compare.
    If your Q5 and Z10 are so slow and inefficient, why don't you replace them with something faster and more efficient?
    11-02-16 06:55 AM
    I like and use both OSes, but this statement is subjective.

Let's make a list of 10 tasks, and I bet I can complete it as fast or faster on Android.
    Leave 10 task... just do 1.

Answer all your BBM, facebook, messenger, Email, Whatsapp, Twitter, Text Message from the hub without opening all those APP'S :P

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 07:14 AM

Answer all your BBM, facebook, messenger, Email, Whatsapp, Twitter, Text Message from the hub without opening all those APP'S

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can save a few seconds here but we can play this game all day. I can give you a list too.
    11-02-16 08:38 AM
    Snapdragon S4 Pro is the best processor out there.

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.
    JeepBB, cgk, DrBoomBotz and 1 others like this.
    11-02-16 08:58 AM
    If your Q5 and Z10 are so slow and inefficient, why don't you replace them with something faster and more efficient?
    Ummm... I didn't say that they were slow and inefficient. Quite the contrary. They are great for what they do. They just don't happen to have an octa core Snapdragon 820 processor in them, so some of the more intensive tasks would inevitably be slower on a dual core 2013 bb10 device. The two posters were discussing operating systems, not hardware.

And speaking of hardware, BlackBerry has what appears to be an impressive state of the art phone with all the apps at a great price with the dtek60, but it is nowhere to be seen apart from online purchases. Where are the cell phone carriers with this? All I see is Samsung and Apple.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 08:58 AM
    There is no benefit in going from BB OS10 to android. Anyone disagree?
    I disagree with you though I am BlackBerry 10 fan . Android at the moment is the most popular platform. I have Priv and the Passport as my daily drivers. Priv on android platform is very versatile. The device on Marshmallow IMHO is too good. Only thing which makes me use my legendary Passport is the Hub which still is unmatched by the Priv . The updates on the Priv has been very frequent and Hub very soon will be at par with BB10.
    11-02-16 09:09 AM

Answer all your BBM, facebook, messenger, Email, Whatsapp, Twitter, Text Message from the hub without opening all those APP'S :P

Posted via CB10
    Its possible, atleast for sms, viber, gmail, whatsapp,etc. BBM is useless for me as no one here even knows what BBM is.
    Last edited by telepbs; 11-02-16 at 09:36 AM.
    11-02-16 09:15 AM
    I disagree with you though I am BlackBerry 10 fan . Android at the moment is the most popular platform. I have Priv and the Passport as my daily drivers. Priv on android platform is very versatile. The device on Marshmallow IMHO is too good. Only thing which makes me use my legendary Passport is the Hub which still is unmatched by the Priv . The updates on the Priv has been very frequent and Hub very soon will be at par with BB10.
    Don't think the HUB will be on par with the BB10 unless BlackBerry is able to sell a lot of their Android offerings and is able to attract Developer attention who would sort of code their app notifications specifically for the HUB.
    Or Unless the BlackBerry HUB+ services suite is able to achieve a lot of users.
    Time shall tell.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-02-16 09:32 AM
    Yes you can save a few seconds here but we can play this game all day. I can give you a list too.
    Lol it was BB10 vs Android, ops Android by BlackBerry.

(no matter how much lion skin you put on sheep, it will never be as mighty as lion)

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 10:22 AM
    This is an absolutely meaningless metric.

Plus, running YouTube in the background is simple for Android too.
    My post was merely opinion.
    11-02-16 10:54 AM
    Don't think the HUB will be on par with the BB10 unless BlackBerry is able to sell a lot of their Android offerings and is able to attract Developer attention who would sort of code their app notifications specifically for the HUB.
    Time shall tell.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I agree with you Amrit.
    11-02-16 11:41 AM
    Time shall tell.
    I have an Android tablet that I want Hub+ Services on (because BlackBerry dropped the ball on the PlayBook), yet it's not available for my device. There's a lost subscription right there...
    11-02-16 01:05 PM
    I have an Android tablet that I want Hub+ Services on (because BlackBerry dropped the ball on the PlayBook), yet it's not available for my device. There's a lost subscription right there...
    I wonder why they haven't released it on tablets yet. Since it was launched with the Secusmart tablet.
    I am guessing because WhatsApp isn't supported on tablets? (as far as I know it isn't)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-02-16 01:15 PM
    Lol it was BB10 vs Android, ops Android by BlackBerry.

(no matter how much lion skin you put on sheep, it will never be as mighty as lion)

Posted via CB10
    Think BB10 had much more sheep blood in it than some here want to admit. But at this point, BB10 is an old lion with no clas and no teeth and has already had it's last meal.
    11-02-16 01:18 PM
    I wonder why they haven't released it on tablets yet. Since it was launched with the Secusmart tablet.
    I am guessing because WhatsApp isn't supported on tablets? (as far as I know it isn't)
    I don't need Whatsapp nor its integration with Hub+. It would just be nice to see the realization of "BB10" on a tablet.
    11-02-16 01:25 PM
    Developers have to take the time to adjust their apps for larger screens.... at this point I'm not sure BlackBerry sees that as a priority for their development team. Maybe at some point in the future.... it will happen.

But while I do use an Android phone... I really can't see myself buying an Android Tablet. Currently have a Windows Tablet, which I plan to replace soon with another Windows Tablet.... but an iPad would be my next choice.
    11-02-16 01:34 PM
    Developers have to take the time to adjust their apps for larger screens.... at this point I'm not sure BlackBerry sees that as a priority for their development team. Maybe at some point in the future.... it will happen.

But while I do use an Android phone... I really can't see myself buying an Android Tablet. Currently have a Windows Tablet, which I plan to replace soon with another Windows Tablet.... but an iPad would be my next choice.
    BlackBerry has already done the work for the Secusmart tablet

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-02-16 02:19 PM

The tablet I have is the Dell Venue 8 7000, which only has a 8.4" screen. I've already used Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager to install the apps and it works fine, including the scale of application graphics. When BlackBerry announced Hub+ for Lollipop (Marshmallow only, when first released), I uninstalled all the apps in anticipation of subscribing. Well, I can't install Hub+ and BlackBerry Manager no longer lets me reinstall the apps (maybe because Cobalt wanted to respect BlackBerry's sales?). I signed up for the beta program, hoping to say it works so it'll become official, but BlackBerry has yet to confirm me for Hub+.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-02-16 02:21 PM
    BlackBerry has already done the work for the Secusmart tablet

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Didn't know the Secusmart Tablet had HUB+ Especially when it came out long before BlackBerry even went Android. Too be honest I haven't heard anything about that Tablet... other than there were plans to release it. Anyone ever see one?
    11-02-16 02:31 PM
    The tablet I have is the Dell Venue 8 7000, which only has a 8.4" screen. I've already used Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager to install the apps and it works fine, including the scale of application graphics. When BlackBerry announced Hub+ for Lollipop (Marshmallow only, when first released), I uninstalled all the apps in anticipation of subscribing. Well, I can't install Hub+ and BlackBerry Manager no longer lets me reinstall the apps (maybe because Cobalt wanted to respect BlackBerry's sales?). I signed up for the beta program, hoping to say it works so it'll become official, but BlackBerry has yet to confirm me for Hub+.
    Most Android Apps will work fine on a Tablet... it's really a matter of doing a few things Google requires and checking a box.

At one time Cobalt still had the older APKs on his archive site...
    SMocek likes this.
    11-02-16 02:35 PM
    Heh, what it proves to me is that they've started through the "stages of grieving".

He's at somewhere between denial and bargaining, I think.
    Getting much glee and schadenfreude out of this?
    :-)

(btw, ... Where is BlackBerry Productivity suite for iOS at?)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-02-16 03:07 PM
229 ... 45678 ...