It seems that there are a ton of BB stores in airports. My question is who really buys phones at airports? I understand having accessories at airports, but a phone? Especially in the US, where they are usually sold on contract.

Considering how expensive airport stores are for the retailers, I think RIM might have been better off using the Apple strategy oh having the stores in high traffic high end malls across the country.
    I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are a lot of executives out there who while on a business trip, forgets, breaks, or loses their device, for whatever reason, and finds it trivial and convenient to just pop in and purchase a replacement without thinking twice.
    03-21-12 08:46 AM
    I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are a lot of executives out there who while on a business trip, forgets, breaks, or loses their device, for whatever reason, and finds it trivial and convenient to just pop in and purchase a replacement without thinking twice.
    Agreed.

Out of all the times I have been in Charlotte and Atlanta airports, I have not seen one customer in the BB stores. Always the reps walking around or talking to each other, just like the guy in the Lacoste store hanging polos with no customers coming in.

I would think most people go to that BB store to buy a device for the reasons you said.
    03-21-12 08:50 AM
    It seems that there are a ton of BB stores in airports. My question is who really buys phones at airports? I understand having accessories at airports, but a phone? Especially in the US, where they are usually sold on contract.

Considering how expensive airport stores are for the retailers, I think RIM might have been better off using the Apple strategy oh having the stores in high traffic high end malls across the country.
    Agree. I hope they're looking at that too.
    03-21-12 08:52 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD