Yet all its updates are plagued with problems. Text messages disappeared complaints started in July. But after weeks, still haven't resolved. Yet kept prompting people for software updates.

I was resisting all updates. But stupid BlackBerry reminds you everyday to update!!! How can anyone nit blame the increasing hatreds when BlackBerry can't do a decent job???

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 07:58 AM
    I used to love my z10, but not anymore when BlackBerry kept screwing up basic things. Even multiple alarm clock options are not available.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:01 AM
    No platform is perfect from the start.
    09-20-13 08:01 AM
    It doesn't "run QNX"...

It uses the QNX kernel, which comes with its own issues (mainly being a memory hog), but the kernel itself is only a small part of the operating system. There's a lot more to BB10 than just the kernel, and a lot of places where things can go wrong. It will get better with time though!
    BB10QNX likes this.
    09-20-13 08:03 AM
    A lot of stuff has been added on. Think of stock android vs touchwiz vs HTC sense.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:04 AM
    Hope so dudes! I can't change phone yet. But in a year I can. BlackBerry better wakes up else I am leaving forever.

BlackBerry storm disappointed me once. I came back. If BlackBerry don't fix simple issues they will be finished.

Actually, this is such great phone. It's utter stupidity if they fail to deliver simple basic needs that users demand!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-20-13 08:08 AM
    May I know what has been added?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:09 AM
    It doesn't "run QNX"...

It uses the QNX kernel, which comes with its own issues (mainly being a memory hog), but the kernel itself is only a small part of the operating system. There's a lot more to BB10 than just the kernel, and a lot of places where things can go wrong. It will get better with time though!
    "Memory hog" - LMAO
    QNX kernel uses few MB of memory.
    All the problems of BB10 are BlackBerry fault only.
    Any kernel provides the ability, its up to designer of the system to make sure he builds the system right.
    When designing the system, you defines for each application/module how to behave. Good kernel should perform exactly what you have defined. What actually QNX does the best.
    kbz1960 and Just Me like this.
    09-20-13 08:12 AM
    May I know what has been added?

Posted via CB10
    Well, okay. My analogy was probably too simplistic.
    A better analogy would be, QNX is a certain type of car engine, and Blackberry used that engine within their car. The car is being driven by the engine, but a million other things have to be added on, and that can go wrong.

Posted via CB10
    sergey_IL likes this.
    09-20-13 08:13 AM
    Guess what you meant is that the hardware and software are solid. But BlackBerry programmer sucks big time!

I am inclined to agree.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-20-13 08:15 AM
    Check out QNX demos, find your self the specs its run on:

BB10QNX likes this.
    09-20-13 08:19 AM
    Think of BB10 as a game of Jenga.
    It's a giant, heavy, teetering tower.

Now picture QNX as the table that the Jenga game is sitting on. That tower is going to come crashing down, but the table is still an excellent table. You just can't play Jenga again on it until you pick up the pieces.

You can't play Jenga (BB10) without the table (QNX) but one falling apart isn't necessarily the fault of the other.
    BB10QNX, bekkay and eldricho like this.
    09-20-13 08:30 AM
    Yet all its updates are plagued with problems. Text messages disappeared complaints started in July. But after weeks, still haven't resolved. Yet kept prompting people for software updates.

I was resisting all updates. But stupid BlackBerry reminds you everyday to update!!! How can anyone nit blame the increasing hatreds when BlackBerry can't do a decent job???

Posted via CB10
    What updates and which version of the OS are you griping about?

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    09-20-13 08:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't the updates fix your problems? What issues did you encounter exactly? Only the text message disappearing? Anything else?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:53 AM

They kept prompting me to update everyday during the past few days. I was sick of the prompting that I update.

All my text message history gone. WhatsApp history intact. What kind of bs update is this. Can I get back my text history? No.

Like I said, BlackBerry should have resolved this bug weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:11 AM
    Multiple alarms comin in october

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:28 AM
    get on 10.2 and your problems are solved
    09-20-13 09:28 AM
    Buddy, every phone has its issues, look at ios7 it's bricking phones, allowing them down, not downloading entirely, and that's the "all mighty," apple!! Nothing is perfect

Posted via CB10
    mnhockeycoach99 and indie_b like this.
    09-20-13 09:31 AM
    Install a leak!

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-20-13 09:33 AM
    No platform is perfect from the start.
    yea, that is why BB is not selling it. just keep waiting until they get it right. maybe one day they will and ppl will start buyin it
    09-20-13 09:36 AM
    LOL, apparently someone doesn't know basic software development.
    You fix one bug, one more is added.
    That's the way it is, don't like it?
    Doesn't use technology.

Posted from my Red Zed
    09-20-13 09:38 AM
    Buddy, every phone has its issues, look at ios7 it's bricking phones, allowing them down, not downloading entirely, and that's the "all mighty," apple!! Nothing is perfect

Posted via CB10
    This. All software has bugs and their shortcomings. Just think that iOS didn't have any quick access to basic on/off functions (wifi, BT etc.) until this week and look how long that OS has been around compared to BB10. Android, it has its issues with exploits and on the Nexus 7 you can't delete the extra home screens that come stock. I think BB10 is doing pretty well considering how new it is.
    09-20-13 09:40 AM
    Seems I read everything on bb10 has to be an app since there are no drivers. So wifi is an app, and little things that use a driver and less resources on other platforms requires it to be an app on bb10 which takes up more resources than drivers.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
    09-20-13 09:46 AM
    I hear the Pope is infallible too (and by extension, all previous Popes).
    J Morehouse likes this.
    09-20-13 10:10 AM
    I think there was a full till start over in the ui coding of bb10 somewhere in the middle of the os development.
    This could have caused some things to get rushed and caused the domino effect of old hardware and less features at launch.
    I bet some of the coders wished they could start from scratch again on bb10 and code more efficiently instead of just getting it done.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:22 AM
42 12