If the Priv makes BlackBerry money, I think they'll just double down on what's working. Since the bold is the iconic BlackBerry phone, we may see the new Classic running Android.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    11-07-15 07:29 PM
    That won't happen unless they seriously beef up the internals of the classic. Android will probably run terrible on classic's hardware as is

Posted via CB10
    chrisleka likes this.
    11-08-15 06:24 AM
    Hoping not. BB10 is perfect for Classic. Putting Android inside you only will get a ruined Classic, imho

Posted via CB10
    chrisleka, nt300 and J_Apryono like this.
    11-08-15 08:54 AM
    Hoping not. BB10 is perfect for Classic. Putting Android inside you only will get a ruined Classic, imho

Posted via CB10
    Don't we already have that now?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 10:57 PM
    A beefed up classic as v2 with Android would be cool, if we don't get a v2 with BB10 OS.
    11-10-15 04:07 PM
    Check crackberry front page and you see that it seems an android version of the classic is up next. It looks like this best android device for a classic type person as myself.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:13 PM
    Looking back at the classic now, what was the point of moving BBOS to BB10 with the classic when they were just going to introduce android into the picture and push from BB10 to android?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:45 PM
    I think we'll see a android Classic-img_20151112_004755.png

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    11-11-15 11:50 PM
    Having a passport run on android would be killer!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 03:37 PM
    I do not think that the Classic met BlackBerries sales expectations. A Vienna with a 4.2 inch screen (speculation) and a capacitive KB is better than a 3.5 inch device and a Trackpad.

The Vienna could also replace the Passport. The Vienna is a device that can be used with one hand and or fits in a pocket.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:42 PM
    Don't we already have that now?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ruined in what way? Everyone I know with a classic loves theirs

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    AL8x B and glwerry like this.
    11-20-15 06:47 AM
    I won't never part with my Blue Classic. We talk about the next gen in BlackBerry!!!! Everyone I know will stay with classic. It's one best that I have come across for years. Compacted fast stylish rounded corners best build. And ! BB1O. I JUST HOPE BLACKBERRY REMEMBERS THE CLASSIC AND PASSBOOK OWNERS which is my only concern. This is staying

Posted via CB10
    AL8x B likes this.
    11-23-15 08:56 PM
    Looking back at the classic now, what was the point of moving BBOS to BB10 with the classic when they were just going to introduce android into the picture and push from BB10 to android?

Posted via CB10
    Because at the time Android on BlackBerry was still only a vague rumor and contracts from Bold sales were beginning to come to an end.
    11-24-15 01:40 PM
    I don't understand this android hype. At some point we'll definitely see a revival of the 'old BlackBerry users', people who want safe secure networking and workhorses, not fancy ultra-slim devices with aluminum frames that bend. I don't see why android is or as some comment seems superior to blackberry os. It depends on the user really. BlackBerry should continue improving BB OS, not leave it behind for android.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 04:00 AM
    At some point we'll definitely see a revival of the 'old BlackBerry users'
    I seriously doubt it.
    01-13-16 10:04 AM
    At some point we'll definitely see a revival of the 'old BlackBerry users'
    Cryonics isn't that advanced yet.
    DrBoomBotz and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    01-13-16 10:22 AM
    No, can't see this "revival of old Blackberry users" because the sales figures for BB10 have been steadily tailing off - there's a huge app gap compared to Android. There's just NO traction for BB10 going into the future.

At the end of the day, BB is a corporation, which needs to make money. They're not a cult. Make profit or die. BB10 can't make the profit.
    Pretty simple.
    01-21-16 10:37 AM
    I do agree with the gap of apps. My first real mobile phone was a palm. Then I had several blackberries ranging from bold, storm, 9800, Z10, Z30, now rocking a Passport. I had an Htc, a Lumia and two iPhones in between, but personally and frankly speaking none of those devices had the same feeling and user experience of a BlackBerry for me. A physical keyboard is a must-have for me but the overall stability of the OS made BlackBerry a game changer for me. Android was getting slower and slower with everyday use, not only for me but also for friends using android phones. It became somewhat of a pain and android is kind of too colourish for me regarding functionality. You'd say it's a plus or maybe I'm too conservative or too stupid for that OS but I liked the 'complexity' many users critized about blackberry. I liked my iPhone as a cellular device only. All apps I need on a daily basis are available in app world. I am a business user. Most of my company contacts still have a BlackBerry even though the trend runs towards iPhones. I don't like the fancy iOS updates with new designs. I'd like to see BlackBerry keeping up with whatever keeps them going. However, I'd like to see further BB OS phones. Or I should stock up with a couple more Passports and Classics just in case.

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    01-21-16 02:27 PM
    Cryonics isn't that advanced yet.
    Maybe if they were frozen in carbonite like Solo.
    01-21-16 02:35 PM
    No, can't see this "revival of old Blackberry users" because the sales figures for BB10 have been steadily tailing off - there's a huge app gap compared to Android. There's just NO traction for BB10 going into the future.

At the end of the day, BB is a corporation, which needs to make money. They're not a cult. Make profit or die. BB10 can't make the profit.
    Pretty simple.
    Yup

I think the Classic, Passport and other BB10 phones will continue to sell as corporate secure handsets for now but will eventually be discontinued. Platform is dying slowly in terms of app support.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-08-16 08:04 AM
    Ruined in what way? Everyone I know with a classic loves theirs

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Yes, all two of them love it. Lol

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-09-16 01:07 PM
    Check crackberry front page and you see that it seems an android version of the classic is up next. It looks like this best android device for a classic type person as myself.

Posted via CB10
    That would be cool! I'm typing on a Classic now. Having it run Andriod there would be less glitches and crashing apps. I'm not app crazy but sometimes you need an app that cooperates.
    I love the Priv and the reviews on VZW have been excellent. A PKB is must from what I've been reading. People see my Classic and wish their Iphone or Samsung had a keyboard they can't stand typing on glass and auto correct. And these are young people in there 20's.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 08:59 PM
    Putting Android on any physical keyboard device that is/was meant for BB10 is a bad move. Classic running Android is a bad move. Android lacks efficiency and requires much higher specs to run properly. But then you have that OS killing your battery. Nothing can touch BB10 regardless of device.
    03-09-16 09:56 PM
    That would be cool! I'm typing on a Classic now. Having it run Andriod there would be less glitches and crashing apps. I'm not app crazy but sometimes you need an app that cooperates.
    I love the Priv and the reviews on VZW have been excellent. A PKB is must from what I've been reading. People see my Classic and wish their Iphone or Samsung had a keyboard they can't stand typing on glass and auto correct. And these are young people in there 20's.

Posted via CB10
    You have that Backwards, you want glitching apps that crash here and there, then you are talking about Android. If you are talking about BB10 running Android Apps, then say so. And I've yet to experience any glitching from an Android App running on my Z30. Though I have gotten a few that went into the app, then the app all of a sudden auto closed. An update to those apps resolved this problem. Funny how in the Google Playstore reviews, the exact same app also caused issues with Android powered devices. LOL
    03-09-16 09:59 PM
    I hope blackberry become android like priv

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 11:37 PM
38 12