So, I just read about the disastrous quarterly results...

We could learn from Japanese companies here!

Anytime there's a major cockup, or unexpected loss at a Japanese company, you always get the CEO or director of the board out in front of the cameras, bowing and apologizing, occasionally with a couple of tears running down his (or their) cheek.

That's the kind of humble attitude BBRY could learn from!

At least there'd be a little bit of accountability if Heinz along with the board of directors bowed and apologized for the awful quarter...

Instead, the only tears next week will be shed by the people losing their jobs.

Not cool.
    09-20-13 11:44 PM
    They need to do this
    09-21-13 12:02 AM
    It's not in Western business culture but it should be. CEOs should feel the need to show accountability these days. A CEO/manager that can show this can change the public perception of the organization after a mistake or series of them. We as consumers let them take too much for granted here. The Japanese expect them to take responsibility for the mistakes that cost people their livelihood or even their lives. It is proper.
    09-21-13 12:03 AM
    Lol, I would love it if all the BlackBerry executives got up on a stage and bowed/cried in unison.

Posted via CB10
    BB10FTW likes this.
    09-21-13 10:44 AM
    Lmao that would be horrible.
    09-21-13 12:45 PM
    OK, let's get things clear. Heinz was given a house in which the foundation was crumbling. He initiated a complete reversal of the way BlackBerry does business. But let's not forget that it takes time to change the culture of an entreprise the size of BlackBerry. The announcement made last friday was on line with the restructuration of the company. He is building a new foundation on solid grounds and let's hope he's given the time and power to do what has to be done.

Posted via CB10
    drknobs likes this.
    09-21-13 01:18 PM
    The BOD of Blackberry cannot do this. It will affect their "Golden Parachutes"
    09-21-13 01:59 PM
    Lol, I would love it if all the BlackBerry executives got up on a stage and bowed/cried in unison.

Posted via CB10
    I'd applaud if the BlackBerry executives got up on stage, had a noose tightened around their necks, and the floor drops beneath their feet. (the crowd cheers French Revolution style)

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    09-21-13 02:16 PM
    Yes, the German, the French, and the Swede will get on stage and bow and apologize. In another world. We will get a lecture on how great they are...
    09-21-13 02:20 PM
    I think "Hara-kiri" would be more appropriate:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-21-13 02:47 PM
    I'd applaud if the BlackBerry executives got up on stage, had a noose tightened around their necks, and the floor drops beneath their feet. (the crowd cheers French Revolution style)

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    I thought the French used the guillotin?

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-21-13 03:01 PM
    Heinz isn't doing a bad job. He entered into a business that was falling apart. He's not there to be anyones friend. He's going to make decisions that will be unpopular to some. First he needs to stop the bleeding. That hasn't happened yet.
    09-21-13 05:12 PM
    Well, if Heinz is going to make a proper apology, here is a quick guide...

Love the one for executives caught "red handed in an orgy of unspeakable evil"...
    09-21-13 06:26 PM