Word is he just left Microsoft ..

to Quote from Gizmodo's article:
    " ... took over as President of the Windows division after the embarrassing bungling of Windows Vista. He fixed it with Windows 7 and Windows 8. Sinofsky even had a hand of creating Outlook.com and Skydrive and was a big champion of Surface. Meaning: his resume at Microsoft was pretty fantastic ... "

Also i believe he was known for always making sure projects were always delivered on time.

I think if RIM could get this guy on board, that would be fantastic for the future of BlackBerry

What do you guys think ?
    11-13-12 07:09 AM
    Too many big heads could really rock the RIM boat. Sinofsky did some good things at MS, but he also made some pretty big blunders. Plus, his ego was through the roof.
    11-13-12 07:16 AM
    Isn't he the guy with the frozen Surface on stage? I don't think that's what Rim needs right now.
    Qaxl and JR A like this.
    11-13-12 07:20 AM
    Isn't he the guy with the frozen Surface on stage? I don't think that's what Rim needs right now.
    Lol yes he is, but i think that's got more to do with the software being "Windows" (and that too few months before release).

But i think the guy is talented, innovative and passionate about his work and he did deliver a rock solid Windows 7
    Last edited by Qaxl; 11-13-12 at 08:51 AM.
    11-13-12 08:37 AM
    What do you guys think ?
    How about just getting BB10 out the door first before bringing in a new chef with new ideas/tastes?
    Masahiro likes this.
    11-13-12 11:58 AM

Reminds me of Bill Gates and the BSOD... was that Win95 or 98 launch presentation? LOL
    11-13-12 01:07 PM
    What role would you suggest for him?

Si.
    11-13-12 02:39 PM
    Why is it that when anyone from another company leaves, there's a thread suggesting RIM hire them? RIM already has its team
    11-13-12 02:46 PM
    From what I have read so far, everyone seems to agree that Steven Sinofsky is brilliant and hard-working except for one very big flaw: a highly divisive figure due to his very strong personality. The Co-CEO structure clearly did not work out that well in the end when the right hand had no idea what the left hand was doing and internal squabbling/power turfing got RIM to where it is today. Installing Sinofsky could potentially re-create the "Co-CEO" problem.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-14-12 10:31 PM
    I think he'd definitely bring something interesting to the table. And it wouldn't be the first time RIM had poached talent from Microsoft (Alec Saunders was dev relations there, too).
    11-14-12 10:48 PM
    Innovation comes from different places. Sometimes its our world that inspires us. The peek gesture on BlackBerry 10 for example was inspired by something many of us do on a daily basis - look at our watch. We bring our wrist forward and then reverse the gesture when we know the time, all without interrupting flow.

Thorsten - the new blood will generate the ideas for the next 10 years of innovation.
    11-15-12 12:57 AM