For those wondering... I went ahead and did a search. Just so you all can see that Crackberry.com makes quite a bit of money... Here is a quick appraisal.

CRACKBERRY.COM Appraisal | URLAppraisal.net
    I wouldn't go by what this site is appraising websites for.

I have a site I haven't worked on in months that is pretty empty with only 3 pages or so that they think is worth waaayyyy more than it actually is.

That being said, I think this site is worth more than they are saying it is.

So yeah, I wouldn't go by their numbers.

"War Is All We Know"
    11-04-11 09:10 AM
    lmao its worth a lot more than what that site says i assure you.

also that says my site is worth 15K and i havent done anything to update it for 5 years really.
    11-04-11 10:23 AM
    I gave up on RIM when one of the co-CEOs, in the "outage" press conference on October 13th, had the following exchange (paraphrasing a bit):

Questioner - Megan Riordan, CNET: Are you concerned at all... (noting iPhone launch) do you think this might push people even further to go to another platform?

Mike (or Jim) - complete answer: "We've worked 12 years to win the trust of 70 million BB subscribers. and we'er gonna fully commit to win that trust back - 100%."

This should have been a no-brainer - explain why RIM stability and security (even with the outage) is unrivaled. I didn't hear that. The next day, I got an iPhone 4S for a family member in the morning. Later in the afternoon, I returned my 9810 within the 30-day window to preserve my upgrade eligibility (went back to 9700).

I'll be getting my own iPhone before year-end. Too bad.
    11-04-11 11:43 AM
    I gave up on RIM when one of the co-CEOs, in the "outage" press conference on October 13th, had the following exchange (paraphrasing a bit):

Questioner - Megan Riordan, CNET: Are you concerned at all... (noting iPhone launch) do you think this might push people even further to go to another platform?

Mike (or Jim) - complete answer: "We've worked 12 years to win the trust of 70 million BB subscribers. and we'er gonna fully commit to win that trust back - 100%."

This should have been a no-brainer - explain why RIM stability and security (even with the outage) is unrivaled. I didn't hear that. The next day, I got an iPhone 4S for a family member in the morning. Later in the afternoon, I returned my 9810 within the 30-day window to preserve my upgrade eligibility (went back to 9700).

I'll be getting my own iPhone before year-end. Too bad.
    That's ironic. You didn't like the CEO because he admited they had a mistake and said they will do everything to win peoples support again. But you bought into a company that tries to bring other companies down with them when they have an issue and blame some of their issues on the people using them. When the iPhone 4 came out they said people were holding the phone wrong and talked about how other companies also have antenna issues. Oh well, to each their own. It's good that there are different choices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 12:58 PM
    Does anyone think for a second that THE Kevin would bare his true analysis to the crowd? Anyone can see that the writing is on RIM's wall...and they continue to frolic around being pleased with short term volatile 3rd world markets.

actually i am pretty sure Kevin shoots straight....good or bad, he will give you his honest opinion and isnt going to twist words around to make bad news sugar coated.
    I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

Watch the smartphone experts live podcasts- He really has nothing to say when the other three say that RIM is failing or "going to hit the wall like Plam".

He doesn't deny or argue with them about it. He has lost faith like the many other people. He just can't say it because he has financial interest in BB.
    11-04-11 01:44 PM
    That's ironic. You didn't like the CEO because he admited they had a mistake and said they will do everything to win peoples support again. But you bought into a company that tries to bring other companies down with them when they have an issue and blame some of their issues on the people using them. When the iPhone 4 came out they said people were holding the phone wrong and talked about how other companies also have antenna issues. Oh well, to each their own. It's good that there are different choices.

They brought up other companies because they were being demonised as the only company who had the issue. To be fair 1) not everyone had the issue, my iPhone included and 2) at the time it happened I mimicked the signal loss by death gripping my old SGS, Curve 8330, Palm Pre and HTC Desire Z.

I had no issue with Apple pointing out that they weren't the only phones that could potentially be death gripped. The anti Apple crowd were screaming for their heads over something that can happen to all phones

And before anyone screams fanboi/troll at me for this post I didn't have an iPhone at the time of antenna gate. However I could be honest enough to see that Apple were being unfairly attacked while the fact that it can happen to any phone was conveniently ignored.

I admit I laughed at Steve Jobs saying people were holding it wrong. It struck me funny. To be fair I could see his point because I tried speaking while holding the phone in the way that would trigger death grip and I honestly can't see how anyone could hold their phone that way comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-04-11 03:03 PM

Watch the smartphone experts live podcasts- He really has nothing to say when the other three say that RIM is failing or "going to hit the wall like Plam".

He doesn't deny or argue with them about it. He has lost faith like the many other people. He just can't say it because he has financial interest in BB.
    He doesn't deny or argue it because what's the point in more arguing? He hasn't lost faith, he's just frustrated with the way things are going, just like a lot of people. He wants them to pull out of this, and has faith they can, if they get their sh*t together --not because he has a financial interest, but because he believes in RIM.

He's not the #1 BlackBerry Fanboy for nothing ya know.
    11-04-11 11:13 PM

What can he say? It's the truth that RIM is failing somewhat and Kevin knows it - he is not a rabid blind fanboy so he's not gonna sprout lies by denying it. Look, just because someone is a BB fan does not mean he can't criticize the company for the mistakes it made. Get it?
    Rickroller and mustangv8 like this.
    11-05-11 11:23 AM
    RIM's just having a bad hangover and forgot to have a big drink of orange juice before going back to sleep. It woke up off the floor feeling like crap and everyone was laughing at them. So now RIM's gotta take a nice shower and head down to McDonalds for a sausage mcmuffin and a free coffee.
    11-06-11 11:29 PM
    RIM's just having a bad hangover and forgot to have a big drink of orange juice before going back to sleep. It woke up off the floor feeling like crap and everyone was laughing at them. So now RIM's gotta take a nice shower and head down to McDonalds for a sausage mcmuffin and a free coffee.
    Actually that should be Tim Horton's since they're Canadian.
    Rickroller likes this.
    11-06-11 11:30 PM
    Tim Hortons has nothing on Mc Donalds when it comes to breakfast. They need Mc Donalds and they should order at least 2 hashbrowns with their mcmuffin.
    11-06-11 11:35 PM
    True, but he's no fan boy. He doesn't blindly support every RIM product nor is his head buried in the sand. I respect that about him.
    Very true, glad to see that some people can make that distinction.
    11-07-11 01:03 AM
    What can he say? It's the truth that RIM is failing somewhat and Kevin knows it - he is not a rabid blind fanboy so he's not gonna sprout lies by denying it. Look, just because someone is a BB fan does not mean he can't criticize the company for the mistakes it made. Get it?
    Did you read my post?

I was saying that he was NOT criticizing them. Jesus.
    11-07-11 09:52 AM
    Its been frustrating for BB fanboys and gals. They phones once revolutionary have become evolutionary. The playbook seems to have so much potential that just needs to be unlocked and when we are told OS2 is just around the corner it made us excited like Christmas Eve, only to be told Christmas isn't for another 4 months at least. This website is for those of us who go out on release day and buy the next greatest and have no fear in installing the latest beta OS the second we can get our hands on it. We are rooting for RIM to be revolutionary once again and are hoping against hope that BBX is it and I believe that RIM knows the base is getting restless.
    11-07-11 10:20 AM
    Its been frustrating for BB fanboys and gals. They phones once revolutionary have become evolutionary. The playbook seems to have so much potential that just needs to be unlocked and when we are told OS2 is just around the corner it made us excited like Christmas Eve, only to be told Christmas isn't for another 4 months at least. This website is for those of us who go out on release day and buy the next greatest and have no fear in installing the latest beta OS the second we can get our hands on it. We are rooting for RIM to be revolutionary once again and are hoping against hope that BBX is it and I believe that RIM knows the base is getting restless.
    Well said!
    11-07-11 10:28 AM
    What is the problem for Kevin. Why he is not using Blackberry phone?

Interested in some other phones?
    11-08-11 08:10 AM
    Kevin apparently can't say anything remotely negative about what RIM is doing.

11-08-11 12:26 PM
    Kevin uses a 9900 and seems to like it a lot. Though, listen to the last two podcasts and you'll him being realistic about RIM.
    11-08-11 12:52 PM
    I think RIM gets to decide if Kevin gives up on Blackberry, not Kevin, right?

11-08-11 12:56 PM
    Kevin apparently can't say anything remotely negative about what RIM is doing.

This is what I think, though I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
    11-08-11 01:07 PM
    I'm being sarcastic lol. There are some who seemed pretty pissed he was realistic, like it was a betrayal.

11-08-11 02:25 PM
    Awesome thread!

Nah, haven't given up on BlackBerry at all. Can't live without my BlackBerry. Like a lot of users on this site, am slightly frustrated by some of the things I'm seeing (or not seeing more importantly). Definitely got pissed off that my 9900 bricked twice in two weeks too (and no, don't think it's my SIM card).

Going to start a new column on the blogs called "If I ran RIM" and start giving RIM the advice I think they need. Should be fun!
    Just found this while looking for something else.

I thought it was fun to see what a difference just over a year makes in cell phone land.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-24-13 07:09 AM
    I laughed at this..
    01-24-13 07:12 AM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD