hmmm....I'd be mighty embarrassed to be a RIM fanboi at this point. That's just me. no disrespect, but I'm so over BB phones, it's not funny.
    And yet you stalk the forums like the ghost of christmas past.
    Don't fret! The BB's will be waiting here once you get over your affair with Androids. Till then we will suffer your rants in silence.
    sf49ers, DPSydBerry and SlcCorrado like this.
    11-02-11 03:50 PM
    And yet you stalk the forums like the ghost of christmas past.
    Don't fret! The BB's will be waiting here once you get over your affair with Androids. Till then we will suffer your rants in silence.
    read further down the thread where I explained the comment to someone who misunderstood it, likely due to my poorly worded comment.

You can either ignore me (literally--put me on "ignore") or man up and treat me with a modicum of respect. thank you. It's your choice as to how you want to be perceived. go for it.
    11-02-11 03:56 PM
    Awesome thread!

Nah, haven't given up on BlackBerry at all. Can't live without my BlackBerry. Like a lot of users on this site, am slightly frustrated by some of the things I'm seeing (or not seeing more importantly). Definitely got pissed off that my 9900 bricked twice in two weeks too (and no, don't think it's my SIM card).

Going to start a new column on the blogs called "If I ran RIM" and start giving RIM the advice I think they need. Should be fun!
    Kevin its good to see you're still here and supporting Blackberry during these dark times.. Because their stocks keep going low. Do you think they will go under as most analysts people have said? And you should definitely run RIM.
    11-02-11 04:16 PM
    Kevin Unites the cellular forum community and people ask him if he has given up on RIM and say he should go to work for RIM??? If I were Kevin I would keep the job he has already and support all the platform forums for whoever wishes to visit them. Wasn't that the point? Its not Apple vs Rim vs Android but all the fans combined into one nation to cheer for our favorite devices and to oppose corporate blunders no matter the brand? OR CARRIER!!! AT&T!!!

Isn't that what is really going on in "Our Nation"? The people united vs the corporate stupidity and greed?

Personally I hope "Mobile Nations" does extremely well and gives all the people who shell out each month a voice and if Kevin makes a few greenbacks in the process then that is well deserved and good for him!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-02-11 at 05:33 PM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-02-11 05:27 PM
    I'm not bitter--I just despise the Storm in particular, and BBOS in general. I did NOT say HE should be ashamed. Go back and reread, please! I stated that I (as in "ME") would be ashamed if I was a fanboi,
    You're certainly a fanboi of bashing rim and adding nothing to the conversation and dragging others into your pointless spats as well. Shoot, you dragged me in and I usually couldn't care less about the trolling and most of the time find it rather amusing to read. 1st class trolling sir. I applaud you, sir.

11-02-11 09:00 PM
    What's to be embarrassed or ashamed of?
    Blackberry is still the best business solution for me and I am proud. I don't live to support my image, I don't live for what people think of me, I don't follow the crowd. What is this, junior high school?
    Deu2e likes this.
    11-02-11 09:16 PM
    I had a storm. That gives me the right to bash RIM. next?
    I feel your pain. I had a Storm 1 and 2. I mustn't be the sharpest tool in the shed.
    FranzJoseph likes this.
    11-02-11 09:16 PM
    You hold on to a grudge against a phone company for yrs? I agree if I bought a crappy phone I didn't like I'd never buy from them again and I'd write a nast post or two but after a few years I might consider just letting go and moving on. its healthy.

Jake Storm likes this.
    11-03-11 05:36 AM
    One bad experience with a RIM device does not a license to bash make. I have had five Berries and still wish RIM would be more aggressive and timely in product development and release. After a couple of bashes at RIM, we got the point. I would bet that you would not have an open mind to trying the newer touchscreen Torch. I stay with Berries not because I am a mindless drone but because it meets my needs. I like Apple and Android devices as my wife and son have the i4s and i4. There are different things to like about each platform and dislike. Dislike can expressed in a constructive manner which helps maintain objectivity and not promote conflict.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-03-11 06:10 AM
    I wish all the blackberry haters would just leave and go post somewhere else! If you hate blackberry SO much then LEAVE crackberry at once while you still have time to breath!

11-03-11 09:33 AM
    I wish all the blackberry haters would just leave and go post somewhere else! If you hate blackberry SO much then LEAVE crackberry at once while you still have time to breathe!

Fixed a spelling error for you.

This is an open forum you know. Everyone has an opinion. I still have my Storm2 and use it, but I prefer my iP4S. There are gonna be haters on every board. Just ignore them.
    11-03-11 09:35 AM
    I honestly feel we BB fans are being influenced to be overly negative about our own BB.

Every company has failures, every product has bugs and errors and every brand makes mistakes. BB isn't better or worse than any others.

I personally love my Blackberries, and I would be devastated if they are pushed into stopping making devices with the form factor of the 9780 and 9900. In my family/friend circle there are dozens of others like me.

I used the iPhone 4 and various Android phones. I always came back to my BB. Even the iPhone has its fair share of bugs and quirks when you try to do something serious on it. I wob't even get started about Android.

I feel BB is a victim of an organized misinformation campaign trying to portray it as an old-fashioned dying brand.

BTW, have any of you noticed this weeks study that in the UK iPhone and BB are both roughly 20 percent of the market? No. You won't see it anywhere...

And 1 more thing, no other platform lets you get things done as productively as the BB.

Let's not get discouraged by the haters. We are 70 Million strong and growing every day in absolute numbers!
    11-03-11 11:13 AM
    *echem*

This is not the Dave thread! Let's focus on why Kevin hates RIM, shall we?
    1812dave likes this.
    11-03-11 11:17 AM
    *echem*

This is not the Dave thread! Let's focus on why Kevin hates RIM, shall we?
    Because he does 100 percent of their advertising for free?
    11-03-11 11:21 AM
    Kevin couldn't possibly give up on RIM, he's to invested to turn his back now. Mark my words, RIM will recover.

I couldn't help but notice the dave bashing. I too have a dave story, smdh!!!! Needless to say it must go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LLS!!! I'm so over dave!!! no homo!!!
    JR A likes this.
    11-03-11 01:27 PM
    It amazes me how seious people are with their phones and yes, I know a lot depend on them for work, but your basic consumer is interesting how it comes down to childish antics and trolling of forums, some coming from grown man on here. ......shame really!

I am all about open debate, but almost always it turns into who's device is better than who's. ...again shame.

Wish more people were like Kevin and had an open mind to all platforms. I honestly feel it could lead to a positive structure.

I love my BB and hope/wish RIM well and maybe one day I will be back to rocking a BB on the daily.

Till then, I will keep on with my android.

I will end with the ole adage quote. "The Internet is serious business! "

Chrisy and lotuslanderz like this.
    11-03-11 05:03 PM
    Has fearless leader really given up on RIM or just very disappointed with them lately?
    11-03-11 05:40 PM
    Has fearless leader really given up on RIM or just very disappointed with them lately?
    He actually answered on the first or second page of this thread.

I can understand his frustration, though. I'd be frustrated too if I were traveling out of the country and had to borrow someone's PC to reload the OS since my BlackBerry decided to nuke itself inexplicably.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-03-11 08:25 PM
    Does anyone think for a second that THE Kevin would bare his true analysis to the crowd? Anyone can see that the writing is on RIM's wall...and they continue to frolic around being pleased with short term volatile 3rd world markets.

vrs626 likes this.
    11-03-11 09:10 PM
    actually i am pretty sure Kevin shoots straight....good or bad, he will give you his honest opinion and isnt going to twist words around to make bad news sugar coated.
    Last edited by howarmat; 11-03-11 at 09:30 PM.
    Chrisy and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-03-11 09:14 PM
    I am not implying in any way that Kevin is being dishonest. Of course there's no firm data indicating that RIM is finished, so there's no sense in decrying something that hasn't happened. I'm done with this one, no sense in dragging this out further.

11-03-11 11:07 PM
    No way Kevin has given up in Blackberry. He's crackberry Kevin, I follow mobile nations every podcast and he's itching to get back at Phil and Renee to show RIM is still in the game. Kind of feel for him since he and the webOs editor are the underdogs, but they are very entertaining and I am loving Mobile Nations where they can talk about all platforms. Good and bad!
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-04-11 03:18 AM
    I enjoy my Blackberry 9700 and am looking forward to upgrading to the 9900 when I'm eligible early next year or if I break down and buy it before then.
    End of story for me.
    As for Kevin? Come on, really?

11-04-11 05:53 AM
    I wish all the blackberry haters would just leave and go post somewhere else! If you hate blackberry SO much then LEAVE crackberry at once while you still have time to breath!

Cool story, bro.

Thanks for owning the forum!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-04-11 06:45 AM
    For those wondering... I went ahead and did a search. Just so you all can see that Crackberry.com makes quite a bit of money... Here is a quick appraisal.

CRACKBERRY.COM Appraisal | URLAppraisal.net
    11-04-11 09:01 AM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD