But he can't just seem to pull the plug on CB. It's like he's been dating this BB for over 10 years now and over the past couple of years it's been taking advantage of him. BB's starting to get lazy, stay in bed till noon, watches tv and drinks beer all day. Who can put up with THAT forever when you work with miss America (iphone) or Jillian Michaels (Android) all day?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 02:54 PM
    No way. He is frustrated with them, just like most other people on here.
    11-01-11 02:57 PM
    I think he just has a lot of new responsibilities with his new position and is very busy. Besides, CrackBerry has a ton of members still. More than the other two forums.
    11-01-11 03:00 PM
    He's being pragmatic. And who would kill this cash cow? CB is like your share broker.... They make their money buying AND selling. The more 'activity' here the better for them.
    11-01-11 03:01 PM
    Kevin may be as frustrated and shaking is head at RIM decisions as the rest of us, BUT he is STILL the #1 BB Fan boy!!!!!!! Come on he's CrackBerry Kevin!!!!!
    motor96 and Alberta Blue like this.
    11-01-11 03:05 PM
    True, but he's no fan boy. He doesn't blindly support every RIM product nor is his head buried in the sand. I respect that about him.
    11-01-11 03:07 PM
    I think its good that he is frsatrated with RIM. I believe he is someone who could actually do something about it and RIM would listen to him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 03:11 PM
    Maybe someone should direct Kevin to this topic so he can put his own 2 cents in. When he's walking around Devcon with a PlayBook hanging from his neck though he hardly looks like he's tired of the brand.
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    11-01-11 03:17 PM
    Nah, if RIM listened to him or their users, they would have released QNX phones by now, they would have OS 2.0 out and the world would be a better place.

RIM works in a cave isolated completely from their clients and the world around them. Every now and then they peek their heads out to see what year it is.
    morfy50 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-01-11 03:17 PM
    What kind of new position does Kevin have now?
    11-01-11 03:23 PM
    Awesome thread!

Nah, haven't given up on BlackBerry at all. Can't live without my BlackBerry. Like a lot of users on this site, am slightly frustrated by some of the things I'm seeing (or not seeing more importantly). Definitely got pissed off that my 9900 bricked twice in two weeks too (and no, don't think it's my SIM card).

Going to start a new column on the blogs called "If I ran RIM" and start giving RIM the advice I think they need. Should be fun!
    11-01-11 03:31 PM
    Awesome thread!

Nah, haven't given up on BlackBerry at all. Can't live without my BlackBerry. Like a lot of users on this site, am slightly frustrated by some of the things I'm seeing (or not seeing more importantly). Definitely got pissed off that my 9900 bricked twice in two weeks too (and no, don't think it's my SIM card).

Going to start a new column on the blogs called "If I ran RIM" and start giving RIM the advice I think they need. Should be fun!
    I've seen you reference that column before, quit teasing haha.

But seriously, looking forward to those.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    11-01-11 03:35 PM
    what new position?
    11-01-11 03:36 PM
    Kevin may be as frustrated and shaking is head at RIM decisions as the rest of us, BUT he is STILL the #1 BB Fan boy!!!!!!! Come on he's CrackBerry Kevin!!!!!
    hmmm....I'd be mighty embarrassed to be a RIM fanboi at this point. That's just me. no disrespect, but I'm so over BB phones, it's not funny.
    11-01-11 03:37 PM
    what new position?
    Chief Media Officer of Mobile Nations, I think.
    dobiefan likes this.
    11-01-11 03:39 PM
    Chief Media Officer of Mobile Nations, I think.
    thanks. color me clueless--never heard of that. is it something I should be interested in as someone who likes to stay abreast of cell devices?
    11-01-11 03:48 PM
    Awesome thread!

NOW THAT I would be a guest columnist in!!

hahaha

I'll be your co CEO
    11-01-11 03:50 PM
    There are many great devices out there. Some have an apple on them, some have a cute little droid on them and some have seven little dots that make the BlackBerry logo.

I love my BlackBerry Bold 9930 and I'm not going to go into why it is better for me. I just do and I am quite sure Kevin does as well.

Although some of the articles are hard to read, Kevin and Bla1ze post the good the bad and the ugly. Frankly, that is what we want to have in this website.

I like hearing the bad, along with the Good. The truth is that the maker of our favorite phone has had a tough year. That is hard, especially when a bunch of haters post dumb things on our website, but I still want to hear the facts. Good and bad.

I like to hear Kevin vent a bit though.

Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-01-11 at 03:55 PM.
    11-01-11 03:52 PM
    thanks. color me clueless--never heard of that. is it something I should be interested in as someone who likes to stay abreast of cell devices?
    I'd say you'd probably be interested then yes. You can read more about it in this blog post:

http://crackberry.com/formally-intro...-network-brand
    1812dave likes this.
    11-01-11 03:54 PM
    I think that he feels like they are going to fail, he just won't say it. I think he's known for awhile.

He can't even deny that they are running the same course as palm was.... the other 3 smartphone experts said they were in the same position and CBKevin had no denial.

But of course this is an assumption.
    11-01-11 04:13 PM
    Awesome thread!

It can be very frustrating to be a BlackBerry fanboy these days, keep up the good work Kevo!!!
    11-01-11 04:16 PM
    And if anyone hasn't noticed yet crackberry has a lot more then just blackberry.
    11-01-11 04:20 PM
    O.k. Kevin, now that some time has past....
    What were the magical things you were seeing at Waterloo this summer that you thought were coming soon, but didn't materialize yet?
    11-01-11 04:26 PM
    Kevin already has plans to take his CrackBerry to the final frontier.

11-01-11 04:41 PM
    Is that a QWERTY keyboard on the right half of that sarcophagus lid I see?
    11-01-11 04:45 PM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD