Numbers are subjective. What is a major update? Some of the things that have been added since 10.0.x have been major changes IMHO and it doesn't matter what number goes on it. If the update is 10.1 to 10.2 or 10.3 to 11.0 and contains the same changes, which one is the major change. As an IT person, you should know the difference. "10" is a branding and 10.0 to 10.3.1 has gone though major changes.
    Ya exactly why most devices won't see 10.3. I feel like 10.2.1 came out over a year ago so just over a year for 10.3.1 is reasonable I guess.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:58 AM
    Ya exactly why most devices won't see 10.3. I feel like 10.2.1 came out over a year ago so just over a year for 10.3.1 is reasonable I guess.

Posted via CB10
    more FUD. Please tell us all how you know that most devices won't see 10.3
    12-17-14 12:00 PM
    That's FUD. And what Beta are you a member of?
    I'm a member of the BlackBerry Beta zone with invites for the Z30, BBM, BES cloud and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:00 PM
    more FUD. Please tell us all how you know that most devices won't see 10.3
    Haha it been confirmed 10.3.1 will push to all other BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:01 PM
    none. Update for blend came through BBW...desktop software updated via blackberry.com and im currently on 10.3.1.1154 on my Z30.

Check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le.../#post11170059

also, q10 and z10 users reporting working blend. ENJOY!
    Awesome thanks for the tip.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:02 PM
    I'm a member of the BlackBerry Beta zone with invites for the Z30, BBM, BES cloud and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Big deal. I get those too. None of those give you any idea about what you are talking about with OS development.
    12-17-14 12:04 PM
    Haha it been confirmed 10.3.1 will push to all other BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    In post #26 you said..
    12-17-14 12:05 PM
    Powered by Z10
    12-17-14 12:06 PM
    Big deal. I get those too. None of those give you any idea about what you are talking about with OS development.
    I never claimed too as that's why I was asking the question. Please answer me this. If 10.3.1 rolls out in February and the next device release is let's say late spring, what OS do you think it will be running? I'm perfectly content with 10.3.1 but still a wait for most people.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:06 PM
    In post #26 you said..

Powered by Z10
    12-17-14 12:07 PM
    After today's Classic event I can't help but feel completely let down. Not by the device itself (already knew the specs) but how BlackBerry continues to do business. I love my Passport and every BlackBerry device prior but I feel like they are really trying to gauge customers with the $500 price tag. Atleast make it cheaper for release day or something. That combined with incredibly late rollout of 10.3.1 it makes it hard to support them going forward. I have patience because I know how too load leaks and I'm already on 10.3 and 10.3.1 on my Zed30 however I will no longer recommend BlackBerry as a whole unless they absolutely need the security or keyboards. I feel like they keep taking advantage of their loyal fanbase and they could have kept me interested if they had more than a $70 difference between 5 year old phones. Now there is even a waiting period for shipments of the Classic, on launch day! We will see what their special announcement brings or maybe even some good news on the earnings call but can't shake this negative feeling.

Just another thought as well that if the Passport and classic already have 10.3 what will the "Rio" or next device ship with 10.3.2 or 10.4? How far behind is BlackBerry in the OS development or maybe they have slowed down all together and 10.3.1 will be the last major one?

Posted via CB10
    ....late...blah, blah....well you could have quick pace releases with buggy a buggy OS and almost oblivious security (Android)...or fairly scheduled updates that really don't offer that much over the outgoing version...and a noticeable lack if security (iOS).....or...have to wait a bit for a secure, well built OS (BlackBerry 10) that generally the version before works very well and the new version has almost enough new add on's to justify a new release...you chose...but please stop ******** about it here...these 'first world problem' posts are becoming tiring...........

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    12-17-14 12:07 PM
    In post #26 you said..
    Ya 10.3. Only the passport ever got 10.3. Classic released with 10.3.1 and that's what will push in February.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:09 PM
    ....late...blah, blah....well you could have quick pace releases with buggy a buggy OS and almost oblivious security (Android)...or fairly scheduled updates that really don't offer that much over the outgoing version...and a noticeable lack if security (iOS).....or...have to wait a bit for a secure, well built OS (BlackBerry 10) that generally the version before works very well and the new version has almost enough new add on's to justify a new release...you chose...but please stop ******** about it here...these 'first world problem' posts are becoming tiring...........

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    Look I completely get where your coming from. I use a leak on one of my devices but that still hard to explain to folks that can't use them and still haven't had an update in a year. Lots of people don't even know these forums exist let alone leaks. They just want the features.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:12 PM
    Ya 10.3. Only the passport ever got 10.3. Classic released with 10.3.1 and that's what will push in February.

Posted via CB10
    You have used If and What will when talking about 10.3.1 in February. Do you actually know when 10.3.1 will be released to all devices? And let me ask you this, is adding total OS support for trackpad and tool belt buttons a major or minor change? Remember it went from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1.
    12-17-14 12:13 PM
    You have used If and What will when talking about 10.3.1 in February. Do you actually know when 10.3.1 will be released to all devices? And let me ask you this, is adding total OS support for trackpad and tool belt buttons a major or minor change? Remember it went from 10.3.0 to 10.3.1.
    Guess you didn't hear the news today. Yes 10.3.1 has been confirmed for a rollout in February. I think the added support tool belt took some programming resources but I would assume they started with the Passport trackpad integration and went from there. It was wrong of me to assume that most of the work was done when OS was finalized for the Classic. Was just really hoping they could have started to roll it alongside the classic and bridge the gap with the OS fragmentation.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:20 PM
    I thought they stated its $450 for the Classic when Chen spoke on CBS morning. Maybe in Canada its $499 with conversion?
    12-17-14 01:25 PM
    I THINK I MIGHT BE DONE RECOMMENDING BLACKBERRY OS

After today's Classic event I can't help but feel completely let down. Not by the device itself (already knew the specs) but how BlackBerry continues to do business. I love my Passport and every BlackBerry device prior but I feel like they are really trying to gauge customers with the $500 price tag. Atleast make it cheaper for release day or something.(they are selling for $350 at the release event) That combined with incredibly late rollout of 10.3.1 it makes it hard to support them going forward. I have patience because I know how too load leaks and I'm already on 10.3 and 10.3.1 on my Zed30 however I will no longer recommend BlackBerry as a whole unless they absolutely need the security or keyboards. I feel like they keep taking advantage of their loyal fanbase and they could have kept me interested if they had more than a $70 difference between 5 year old phones. Now there is even a waiting period for shipments of the Classic, on launch day! We will see what their special announcement brings or maybe even some good news on the earnings call but can't shake this negative feeling.

Just another thought as well that if the Passport and classic already have 10.3 what will the "Rio" or next device ship with 10.3.2 or 10.4? How far behind is BlackBerry in the OS development or maybe they have slowed down all together and 10.3.1 will be the last major one? (as I feel 10.3 is fairly polished)

Posted via CB10
    I can't get enough of these kinds of posts.
    12-17-14 01:27 PM
42 12