I had my final job interview with a company I have been speaking with for the past couple of weeks today... everything seemed to have went super well! I just thought you guys might like to know that the main connection the manager and I had was that we both had an 8310. We both had them lying on the table and when he went to get my phone number to call me back about the job, we started discussing how we are obsessed. LOL! How awesome.

Sounds like a cool person to work for, eh?
    07-14-08 11:07 PM
    That's cool! First impressions work both ways, and I think you got a good one of your future boss (hey, I think you got the job ).
    07-14-08 11:12 PM
    That's cool! First impressions work both ways, and I think you got a good one of your future boss (hey, I think you got the job ).
    Oh I know I did!
    07-14-08 11:14 PM
    Just on a cautionary note, if he obsessed and you are too he may wonder if you'll actually do any work. Because he probably doesn't do any himself. Just a thought. On a more positive note I do hope you got the job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 11:20 PM
    Congratulations!. A good boss is hard to find. Best of luck at your new job.

07-14-08 11:20 PM
    Just don't share your CB username bc then when he is wasting time at work on CB... He will always be able to tell if you are as well... haha

07-14-08 11:23 PM
    Just on a cautionary note, if he obsessed and you are too he may wonder if you'll actually do any work. Because he probably doesn't do any himself. Just a thought. On a more positive note I do hope you got the job.

LOL I won't be using it at work I'm being hired mainly for my expertise.. but I won't get into that right now because I don't share that info...
    07-14-08 11:24 PM
    Just don't share your CB username bc then when he is wasting time at work on CB... He will always be able to tell if you are as well... haha

And remove avatar as well! LOL They will know its brooke!

Congrats and hope all works out well.
    07-14-08 11:27 PM
    LOL, so true about being on CB. Really? What kind of addict are you if you don't use it at work?

07-14-08 11:28 PM
    LOL I'm not worried
    07-14-08 11:28 PM
    Expertise? You have me intrigued. You can't use words like that and expect me not to ask questions

07-14-08 11:32 PM
    That's great your possible boss and you have something in common. Congratulations hope you get the job.

07-14-08 11:35 PM
    Expertise? You have me intrigued. You can't use words like that and expect me not to ask questions

Hahaha!
    07-14-08 11:36 PM
    Well, congrats Brooke! That's a great feeling!

I connected with a potential employer last week over smartphones as well! The only problem was that she had a MotoQ and said to me, "But it's the same as your blackberry". It was SO hard not to set her straight! And the worst part was that I had to give her the obligatory head nod of agreement!! I'm not sure I could work for someone whose conceptions are so mis-aligned with reality!

07-14-08 11:38 PM
    If you don't want to tell me your expertise on here, you could always PIN me. Don't worry I'd keep it a secret.

07-14-08 11:39 PM
    Well, congrats Brooke! That's a great feeling!

I connected with a potential employer last week over smartphones as well! The only problem was that she had a MotoQ and said to me, "But it's the same as your blackberry". It was SO hard not to set her straight! And the worst part was that I had to give her the obligatory head nod of agreement!! I'm not sure I could work for someone whose conceptions are so mis-aligned with reality!

Haha, nice! I don't think I could either but you should be proud of yourself for not bursting into laughter in her face!
    07-14-08 11:42 PM
    Wow. This thread got me thinking about my boss. He has a blackberry. He could be a member! Nah! That would require a personality and human emotions. Never mind. He's not a member. Lol!

07-15-08 12:56 AM
    Best of luck to you Brooke! You know the CB family supports... whatever it is you have an expertise in...
    07-15-08 02:21 AM
    Yeah way to go brooke!I tried to get my boss hooked on crack, but he just loves his treo.
    Good luck!

07-15-08 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD