Yeah, that's why I got mine in January. At the time there were rumor saying Z50 won't come out until the summer of 2015, and happened so my carrier was doing price matching and Telus happened to have $0 deal, so I pulled the trigger then.

That was before the rumor about only 3 keyboard devices in 2014.

But again, I have never heard a confirmation from Mr. Chen about there will be no touch device this year. All I heard from him was:

1. 3 keyboard devices this year (he didn't say "only").
    2. There will be more touch devices coming out (didn?t say this year or not).

I kind of hope they don't because after getting Z10 and Z30, it looks pretty bad for me to get a Z50 within a year (lack of discipline and self-control) . I mean I can justify Z30 because Z10 can't even last a day, but can't really justify Z50 over Z10 in a year.

But if it is coming in 2015, the rumored spec may become obsoleted again...

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-16-14 05:37 PM
    The BlackBerry Z30 IS the best device I've ever owned. The BlackBerry Z30 is far more advanced than any other handheld device. The Z30 was one of the first to have ALL Advanced features, including a bigger 5" AMOLED screen, large long lasting battery, four surround-sound speakers, great wind-baffling mics, a USB port, a HDMI port for hooking up to a monitor or smart TV, as well as Blue Tooth, NFC, and MiraCast capability. It has a Paratek antenna so it never drops a signal. It has an FM radio. I can use the Z30 with many different kinds of files; I can edit Word and Excel docs, download Android apps, and sync all my Apple iTunes music. The Z30 also has BlackBerry's fantastic message "hub," as well as an amazing keyboard with both auto correct and predictive text with which you can simply "flick" words and phrases into place in multiple languages. The Z30 has a solid build with Gorilla Glass screen, aluminum frame and carbon fibre back. There is no other device with all these capabilities. The iPhone looks like a silly little toy along side the BlackBerry Z30.

Posted using my Z30
    Waveform and toneytone like this.
    04-17-14 06:56 PM
    The ultimate BlackBerry for you is not for another person. For instance if you were into sliders then 9800 would've been the one.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. My second most favourite phone was the 9810 (Z10 being my favourite)

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:40 AM
    Agreed. My second most favourite phone was the 9810 (Z10 being my favourite)

Posted via CB10
    YES, same here! My second favourite phone was the Torch 2 (9810). It was a great slider device.... very solid and high quality. I now love my Z30.

Posted using my Z30
    04-19-14 08:05 AM
    Their R&D and engineering stagnated for many years and seriously lagged the competition, so they never were going to be at the leading edge. Marineau came in from qnx and made big strides in 18 months or so. As we all know though it was too little too late.
    BlackBerry has had lots of great things in the pipe. Their biggest problem in that area is 'office politics' and their inability to execute. I'm quietly hoping some of those who got laid off were the problem but generally, that's not how it works.
    04-19-14 08:09 AM
    I actually have faith in Mr. Chen. At the very least, give him at least enough time to allow him to implement some of his strategies.
    Turning around a company that's been at death's door for a while is no small feat.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-19-14 03:20 PM
    BlackBerry has had lots of great things in the pipe. Their biggest problem in that area is 'office politics' and their inability to execute. I'm quietly hoping some of those who got laid off were the problem but generally, that's not how it works.
    The ones smarter in doing things are usually not the ones smarter in dealing with people... and the ones who are good at dealing with people are usually not so bright in innovation.

In times like this in BlackBerry, the ones with better people skills usually get to keep their jobs, but may bring down the whole company with them.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-19-14 10:26 PM
    I hope the Z50 with 5.2" screen and lighter metal body comes out with quad-core chip. I have the Z30 , which is great, but if the Z50 comes out, I'm gonna get it!

Posted using my Z30
    04-20-14 08:30 AM
58 123