Your missing the fact that blackberry has made everyone other touch device of theirs with a horrible battery life. The storms, torches.... They all sucked. These are supposed to be business phones, although half my business is being held back by using a blackberry. When out on the field and the phone lasts 5 hours what are our choices?!?

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Which BlackBerry phones last only 5 hours without a removeable battery? Carry an extra battery with you..

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 12:39 PM
    The Q30 will be the device.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-13-14 01:16 PM
    Which BlackBerry phones last only 5 hours without a removeable battery? Carry an extra battery with you..

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what you mean?? I have two extra batteries that I carry and need to charge each night for Z10. I purchased both last summer from rogers for about $50 each. With 2.5 batteries I make it home at night. I'm sure the Z30 would be much better but the guys I work with have note2 and they last all day. Kinda embarrassing but I've always liked BlackBerry.
    04-13-14 01:23 PM

I hope the device will come within the next few releases. Q20 or Q30 or Z50. Except if the Q30 is that hideous box phone that leaked and then we only have 2 more chances!
    04-13-14 01:46 PM
    But is the whole notion to satisfy current BlackBerry 10 users or are you under the impression mega specs will sway any public (non BB customers) to our side of the fence? It's always my biggest worry that it's not specifics of the OS, specifics of the present phone hardware, or even immediate concern over apps, but simply the name. I feel BlackBerry's name is just broken glass, cannot be totally repaired. I live and breathe BlackBerry myself, but we all know exactly how the majority mass market feels right now, and I'm not totally convinced that mega specs represents much a solution for moving more units.
    I just want a device that holds nothing back. So no one can complain about hardware. No one can complain about a bad camera, or crappy screen or no OTG. Put everything in one phone and a year later update that phone to have the most current specs at that time instead of picking an choosing what goes into it.

If it's your flagship device, treat it like one. The Z30 should have had the Z10 resolution and removable battery. Then that would be a real upgrade to the Z10 with Paratek antenna, OTG and Miracast.
    04-13-14 01:52 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean?? I have two extra batteries that I carry and need to charge each night for Z10. I purchased both last summer from rogers for about $50 each. With 2.5 batteries I make it home at night. I'm sure the Z30 would be much better but the guys I work with have note2 and they last all day. Kinda embarrassing but I've always liked BlackBerry.
    I didn't see your edit part of your post. Mybad

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 01:57 PM
    It has been proven early in the Republican search for a Presidential candidate that the ONE thing that ignites ALL of the young edgy doers in our country regardless of political leanings is PRIVACY and SECURITY. If Mr. Chen will focus on that and MARKET Blackberry accordingly in the U.S., there will be a wave that will bring a strong adult player up to challenge the cartoon platforms.
    04-13-14 02:12 PM
    I think you're absolutely right. Unless BBRY comes out and hits one out of the park, it really is just settling for even more declines in marketshare.
    04-13-14 04:42 PM
    I had the Torch "2" 9810 which was a great device . I now have the Z30 which is amazing. Yes the specs of the 5" screen technically have lower DPI, but 1) it's still bright, crisp, and clear, 2) it's AMOLED and not back lit LCD so it doesn't drain the battery as fast, 3) lower pixel count also reduces battery drain, and 4) the battery may not be removable, but it doesn't have to be since it lasts easily 2 days with moderate use, or 12 hours with intense use including many calls and watching live TV in HD 16:9. I think the Z30 is fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:48 PM

For when its time
    04-13-14 04:54 PM
    I had the Torch "2" 9810 which was a great device . I now have the Z30 which is amazing. Yes the specs of the 5" screen technically have lower DPI, but 1) it's still bright, crisp, and clear, 2) it's AMOLED and not back lit LCD so it doesn't drain the battery as fast, 3) lower pixel count also reduces battery drain, and 4) the battery may not be removable, but it doesn't have to be since it lasts easily 2 days with moderate use, or 12 hours with intense use including many calls and watching live TV in HD 16:9. I think the Z30 is fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure it's fantastic device but it could be better. BlackBerry held back.
    04-13-14 05:13 PM

No trend turns that faster. BlackBerry has indeed made two remarkable devices: Z30 and Q10, but they were not enough.

1. We know BlackBerry has not bottomed out yet. The sales number continued to decline and we don't even know if the rate has decreased or not. Great products like Z30 and Q10 did not change the situation -- because products doesn't sell themselves, and word of mouth is not enough to sell neither.

2. Let's say the next generation of BB10 devices, i.e. Z50, Q30 and Q20, are so much better than Z30 and Q10, let's say they are even better than iPhone 6, Note 4 and SGS5 on hardware specs, do you think they will bring BlackBerry back to the center stage? My take is no. People don't change their views simply based on facts, the views are more based on emotion and feelings, which are against the come-back of BlackBerry right now. The best the 2nd generation of BB10 devices can do is to slow down the decline, help BlackBerry to bottom out

iPhone really claimed its dominance after 4 generations of innovations, Android were the same. If BlackBerry does everything right, they may be able to pull it off on the 3rd or 4th generation, not the 2nd.
    04-13-14 05:35 PM
    It has been proven early in the Republican search for a Presidential candidate that the ONE thing that ignites ALL of the young edgy doers in our country regardless of political leanings is PRIVACY and SECURITY. If Mr. Chen will focus on that and MARKET Blackberry accordingly in the U.S., there will be a wave that will bring a strong adult player up to challenge the cartoon platforms.
    The consumer could care less about security. Today's phones (iphone/android) are mainly for entertainment. If, you are serious about security then, you get a BB. Too many people just want to have fun and could careless about the consequences of being hacked. 30 years in law enforcement has taught me that much.
    04-13-14 05:49 PM
    What is the obsession with the removable battery? The Z30 was my first BlackBerry without one, and I don't miss it. To me it seems like it's only a big deal if you keep a bunch of spare batteries and are constantly swapping them out.

Is there something I'm missing?

Posted via CB10
    For me, I had a specific need with a last job where I was on the road in rental cars and not all of them had working power sources. The devices I had often doubled as a GPS, which sucked the battery from any device I had. More than once, the device died on the road, including a time in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night.

Removable batteries were good for me then! :-)
    04-13-14 05:56 PM
    Your missing the fact that blackberry has made every other touch device of theirs with a horrible battery life. The storms, torches.... They all sucked. These are supposed to be business phones, although half my business is being held back by using a blackberry. When out on the field and the phone lasts 5 hours what are our choices?!?
    As much as I hated the Storm when I used it, I don't remember battery life of that calibre being one of its flaws. Same with the Torch. They never really had an issue getting through the day for me.

Z10 on the other hand, if it isn't connected to WiFi, does have the problem, sadly. :-(
    04-13-14 06:00 PM
    No trend turns that faster. BlackBerry has indeed made two remarkable devices: Z30 and Q10, but they were not enough.

1. We know BlackBerry has not bottomed out yet. The sales number continued to decline and we don't even know if the rate has decreased or not. Great products like Z30 and Q10 did not change the situation -- because products doesn't sell themselves, and word of mouth is not enough to sell neither.

2. Let's say the next generation of BB10 devices, i.e. Z50, Q30 and Q20, are so much better than Z30 and Q10, let's say they are even better than iPhone 6, Note 4 and SGS5 on hardware specs, do you think they will bring BlackBerry back to the center stage? My take is no. People don't change their views simply based on facts, the views are more based on emotion and feelings, which are against the come-back of BlackBerry right now. The best the 2nd generation of BB10 devices can do is to slow down the decline, help BlackBerry to bottom out

iPhone really claimed its dominance after 4 generations of innovations, Android were the same. If BlackBerry does everything right, they may be able to pull it off on the 3rd or 4th generation, not the 2nd.
    I agree, the turn around won't happen as soon as some would like. As long as innovation isn't over looked or put aside then BlackBerry has a real fighting chance. A real balance seems to be taking shape finally.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:02 PM

What if BlackBerry had the best devices and BB10 became the best OS in the world? | CrackBerry.com

Check it out, Chris apparently came to the same place as me in the podcast.
    04-14-14 08:26 PM

Well said!
    04-15-14 11:58 AM

Well said sir. I do hope things will turn around for them asap may it be in the 3rd gen rather than 4th. What is important is that we see progression and innovation. So far im liking what I see, I just hope they will last.

04-15-14 02:00 PM
    The consumer could care less about security. Today's phones (iphone/android) are mainly for entertainment. If, you are serious about security then, you get a BB. Too many people just want to have fun and could careless about the consequences of being hacked. 30 years in law enforcement has taught me that much.
    You Sir have said allot with this. People only pay lip service to Security without willing to use the tools required to achieve some security.
    phuoc likes this.
    04-15-14 03:29 PM
    Well said. Its human nature though. Only when something happens to them personally will people change their views about things.

04-15-14 09:18 PM
    Everyone knows so much. No one knows if Blackberry is releasing a highend touchscreen except for Blackberry. Ugh!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:22 PM
    Everyone knows so much. No one knows if Blackberry is releasing a highend touchscreen except for Blackberry. Ugh!

Posted via CB10
    Hahah its weird isnt it? This radio silence from BlackBerry. They are really trying to keep things tight.

04-15-14 09:42 PM
    I thought they already said they won't do it this year.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-16-14 08:04 AM
    I thought they already said they won't do it this year.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    Yeap. No highend touch screen this year. Just buy the Z30 everyone its an awesome device.

Wouldnt you agree aha?

04-16-14 04:11 PM
58 123