I truly believe that BBRY has to release a killer bit of hardware just one time to please the masses. It has always irked me that Blackberry builds "good enough" phones but never knocks it out of the park. I've been carrying around a BB for many years now and I've never been fully satisfied with my handset. The closest I've come is mt current Z10. Let's look back at my history usage.

• 7280 - no BT, couldn't tether
    • 7100 - no full QWERTY KB
    • 8310 - no WiFi
    • 9000 - no autofocus
    • 9800 - almost perfect but a slider
    • 9900 - no autofocus (AGAIN)!!!
    • Z10 - no OTG, Miracast or FM Radio
    • *Q10 - no OTG, weird 1:1 smallish screen
    • *Z30 - no removable battery, lower resolution than Z10

OK the last 2 are just for illustration purposes but I'm getting frustrated typing this up. I'm not asking for stupid Samsung specs or 64-bit processing that drain your battery. Just give me everything in an awesome BBRY package. Blackberry always seems to "leave something out" even on their supposed flagship product.

I'm really hoping Chen realizes this and is true to his word in manufacturing the ultimate BlackBerry device. Am I being too picky?

04-11-14 05:23 PM
    John Chen recently stated he's not interested in recapturing the consumer market. You won't see a high end touchscreen anytime soon.
    BB_Junky, alan510 and mspace81 like this.
    04-11-14 05:28 PM
    The ultimate BlackBerry for you is not for another person. For instance if you were into sliders then 9800 would've been the one.

Posted via CB10
    jvinp and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    04-11-14 05:28 PM
    Are you being too picky?

That's for you to decide.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    jimlockhead and Cyanide971 like this.
    04-11-14 05:30 PM
    John Chen recently stated he's not interested in recapturing the consumer market. You won't see a high end touchscreen anytime soon.
    Who said prosumers don't use large touchscreens?
    Carjackd and pantlesspenguin like this.
    04-11-14 05:32 PM
    Yes, I think you are too picky. Surely, one thing that you consider bad in a phone doesn't matter to someone else, and the opposite is also true.

All phones have bad sides for someone. If not hardware, then software.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    04-11-14 05:32 PM
    The ultimate BlackBerry for you is not for another person. For instance if you were into sliders then 9800 would've been the one.

Posted via CB10
    The 9800 was a good phone but mechanically speaking it couldn't last.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 05:38 PM
    Yes, I think you are too picky. Surely, one thing that you consider bad in a phone doesn't matter to someone else, and the opposite is also true.

All phones have bad sides for someone. If not hardware, then software.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    Notice I never brought up software. BBOS had its limits and I realize that. BB10 is awesome and growing very quickly. Best OS out there for sure. We just need the hardware to support it.

It seems like BlackBerry is cobbling phone together with whatever excess parts were lying around.

Seriously what's the rationale behind not putting an auto focus on the 9900? That would have been very close to the perfect business phone had they done that.

It's like BlackBerry takes two steps forward then one step back.

Examples.

Release the 9000, ok good phone but the trackball get dirty and has to be replaced regularly and no autofocus. Release the 9800, great phone that has everything but it's a slider so a niche market. Release the 9900!! But let's not put an autofocus camera on it OK? All the while releasing the 97XX series with everything in them except the size was too small!

Release the Z10, oops battery life isn't the greatest. OK release the Z30 but let's take away the removable battery and lower the screen resolution. WTF?!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VR6; 04-13-14 at 01:40 PM.
    Dmessenger likes this.
    04-11-14 05:45 PM
    I think they were close with the z10, but the battery is my only complaint, which is mostly due to apps not being optimized.

With the z30, I agree with the screen rez which was the one and only reason I didn't buy one. Removable battery really doesn't matter as long as it lasts.

I disagree with the comment above, I believe there will be another all-touch device in q3-q4 before Christmas. Possibly "the one"?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 06:13 PM
    Glory hole?

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    VR6, MaxxxBerry23 and Apollo_IV like this.
    04-11-14 06:18 PM
    You are correct. And Chen should care. BES doesn't necessarily sell phones. But the right phone could help sell BES. Think about that. The big bosses might be more interested in a top of the line device that isn't exorbitant like a porsche design and actually has high specs and features. One good phone could help sell the end to end solutions. That's my opinion on it.
    Alain_A and MidnightSociety like this.
    04-11-14 09:23 PM
    Chen has NEVER used the word "prosumer" - that was a Thor concept.

Chen has stated over and over and over that he has two focuses for the handset market: enterprises and emerging-market consumers. "Prosumers" are going to have to be satisfied with phones made for those two markets for the near future.
    MidnightSociety likes this.
    04-11-14 09:45 PM
    Needs more cow bell

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:16 PM
    Needs more cow bell

Posted via CB10
    That's the only prescription!
    04-12-14 01:54 AM
    That's the only prescription!
    Their R&D and engineering stagnated for many years and seriously lagged the competition, so they never were going to be at the leading edge. Marineau came in from qnx and made big strides in 18 months or so. As we all know though it was too little too late.
    milo53 likes this.
    04-12-14 02:31 AM
    Chen has NEVER used the word "prosumer" - that was a Thor concept.

Chen has stated over and over and over that he has two focuses for the handset market: enterprises and emerging-market consumers. "Prosumers" are going to have to be satisfied with phones made for those two markets for the near future.

I Think BlackBerry is on the edge of glory-img_20140412_084044.png

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Nharzhool and BB_Junky like this.
    04-12-14 02:41 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140412_084044.png 
Views:	1926 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	262500

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    My gods is Chiny Chen Chen REALLY coming up with this sh1t^

Set predictable text to OFF as default, not bring back Bolds...jesus BB is going under with this pleb at the top...

As for BB staff at the edge of the gloryhole I don't care what they do sexually to each other in the park across from the office on lunch in Canada, I care about the decisions before and after lunch and how they effect my relationship with my BB devices...end of.

04-12-14 06:48 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140412_084044.png 
Views:	1926 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	262500
    When was that article posted? Last month, he said only three keyboard phones were coming.
    04-12-14 07:42 AM
    When was that article posted? Last month, he said only three keyboard phones were coming.
    I don't remember him saying only, just announcing that the majority would be keyboard in particular there would be 3 keyboard,

That article is from a few days ago,

The high end touch has been rumoured for quite a while, it's the Octacore device that was thought to be launching this year but now predicted to be early next year

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-12-14 01:09 PM
    What is the obsession with the removable battery? The Z30 was my first BlackBerry without one, and I don't miss it. To me it seems like it's only a big deal if you keep a bunch of spare batteries and are constantly swapping them out.

Is there something I'm missing?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:00 PM
    I truly believe that BBRY has to release a killer bit of hardware just one time to please the masses. It has always irked me that Blackberry builds "good enough" phones but never knocks it out of the park. I've been carrying around a BB for many years now and I've never been fully satisfied with my handset. The closest I've come is mt current Z10. Let's look back at my history usage.

• 7280 - no BT, couldn't tether
    • 7100 - no full QWERTY KB
    • 8310 - no WiFi
    • 9000 - no autofocus
    • 9800 - almost perfect but a slider
    • 9900 - no autofocus (AGAIN)!!!
    • Z10 - no OTG, Miracast or FM Radio
    • *Q10 - no OTG, weird 1:1 smallish screen
    • *Z30 - no removable battery, lower resolution than Z10

OK the last 2 are just for illustration purposes but I'm getting frustrated typing this up. I'm not asking for stupid Samsung specs or 64-bit processing that drain your battery. Just give me everything in an awesome BBRY package. Blackberry always seems to "leave something out" even on their supposed flagship product.

I'm really hoping Chen realizes this and is true to his word in manufacturing the ultimate BlackBerry device. Am I being too picky?

nope
    04-12-14 11:28 PM
    But is the whole notion to satisfy current BlackBerry 10 users or are you under the impression mega specs will sway any public (non BB customers) to our side of the fence? It's always my biggest worry that it's not specifics of the OS, specifics of the present phone hardware, or even immediate concern over apps, but simply the name. I feel BlackBerry's name is just broken glass, cannot be totally repaired. I live and breathe BlackBerry myself, but we all know exactly how the majority mass market feels right now, and I'm not totally convinced that mega specs represents much a solution for moving more units.
    ZayDub likes this.
    04-13-14 06:36 AM
    What is the obsession with the removable battery? The Z30 was my first BlackBerry without one, and I don't miss it. To me it seems like it's only a big deal if you keep a bunch of spare batteries and are constantly swapping them out.

Posted via CB10
    Your missing the fact that blackberry has made every other touch device of theirs with a horrible battery life. The storms, torches.... They all sucked. These are supposed to be business phones, although half my business is being held back by using a blackberry. When out on the field and the phone lasts 5 hours what are our choices?!?

Edit: I go through 2.5 batteries each working day. I carry two spares.
    Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 04-13-14 at 01:25 PM.
    04-13-14 10:07 AM
    Double post
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 04-13-14 at 01:24 PM.
    04-13-14 10:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's just a better option to have a removable battery even when you don't pull it. If you ever have to replace it, you won't have to rip apart your phone and plus you can have an instant charge of you have a spare and can swap it out.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:46 AM
58 123