Now I have to wait until May of 2010.
    I'm stuck with a Dare.
    Yippee.

Anyway, the main question is, how long have you ever gone without your precious BlackBerry?
    02-05-09 12:34 PM
    Besides of course paying full retail you can try to pick up a used BB. I bet you could get a used Pearl for under 100. Probably you can get a 8703 REAL cheap (but it don't have multimedia)

EDIT: I had a BB for my job, plus a regular personal cell. The job took my BB (8700c) last Jan, and yes I had to wait almost a year to replace my regular phone with a BB. I ALMOST got a used 8703, but I decided to wait for the Storm, or the Bold. Ended up getting the Storm on release day when VZW graciously let me upgrade at NE2 about 1 month early.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-05-09 at 12:40 PM.
    02-05-09 12:37 PM
    Can't, there was something all fishy going on with the plans when they told me I can upgrade in January. And that was actually to my MOM. They mixed up the numbers. I'm due for an upgrade in 2010. And I can't break the contract.
    02-05-09 12:41 PM
    you don't have to break contract, just look on ebay or somewhere and when you get it just go to verizon and add the bb plan
    02-05-09 12:43 PM
    Can't, there was something all fishy going on with the plans when they told me I can upgrade in January. And that was actually to my MOM. They mixed up the numbers. I'm due for an upgrade in 2010. And I can't break the contract.
    Can your mom live with her current phone, or would she like the Dare? You CAN use her upgrade, BUT then she can't, and she would have to keep her current phone, or switch to your phone.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-05-09 at 12:50 PM.
    02-05-09 12:46 PM
    Eh, my mother is a very stubborn person. She took my old enV when I wanted the Dare. She's not going to do that again. So I'm screwed.

And maybe I will do the eBay thing and buy a service plan.
    02-05-09 12:58 PM
    I'm confused as to how you ended up with a Dare?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 01:02 PM
    also check marketplace forum on cb too
    02-05-09 01:03 PM

I've had the Dare but I wanted to upgrade to the Storm.
    02-05-09 01:09 PM
    If you looked hard enough for a while on places like eBay, Amazon, etc. you might run into luck one day. Hopefully you'll come across a good one for a good price. If you actually get a Storm from someplace else it's not considered an upgrade on your VZW account. All you simply do is add on a data plan to your existing line. Good luck in your search!
    02-05-09 01:12 PM
    Eh, my mother is a very stubborn person. She took my old enV when I wanted the Dare. She's not going to do that again. So I'm screwed.

And maybe I will do the eBay thing and buy a service plan.
    Got a little brother or sister who is cellphone or almost cell phone age? Might be time to talk mom in to getting "little Billy" his own cell, he can take the Dare, and you get a Blackberry. You got the 200? If so tell her YOU will pay for the Storm, also they have a great deal on the Pearl, for 19.95 when you are upgrading or signing up. He gets the Dare, and you get the Pearl on his signing up. Trust me VZW will let you do it, they would LOVE to get another user on the account.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-05-09 at 05:09 PM.
    02-05-09 03:00 PM
    I've had the Dare but I wanted to upgrade to the Storm.
    And so you can't upgrade because your mom used yours?
    02-05-09 03:07 PM
    I just left my dare and verizon for a cheaper plan and bb with T-mobile, and im very glad i did.

Now I have to wait until May of 2010.
    I'm stuck with a Dare.
    Yippee.

Anyway, the main question is, how long have you ever gone without your precious BlackBerry?
    02-05-09 05:01 PM
    if your on a family plan you should be able to use her upgrade. i have before with VZW.....
    02-06-09 12:11 PM
    Your best bet is to just find a used BB and then go to Verizon and have them add the data plan. Good luck.
    02-06-09 12:23 PM
    if your on a family plan you should be able to use her upgrade. i have before with VZW.....
    It's not that VZW won't let her, I think her MOM won't.
    02-06-09 12:48 PM

And so you can't upgrade because your mom used yours?
    Well, guys, it looks like he GOT the dare in approx MAY of 2008. Convinced his mom to take his enV...now it's her time to upgrade, and he doesn't think she'll want to take his Dare, in exchange for using her re-up.....

that being said...it can't hurt to ask her...could it? you never know, most mom's don't really care about what the phone is/does...as long as it works.....

as far as basic phones go... i think the dare is a "decent" touch screen phone. It's no iPhone, that's for sure...but that was never the intention either. The MobileWeb (thru verizon) is decent enough to do BASICE MOBILE INTERNET browsing..... i've used it to get on a lot of sites that my VX9400 could get on.....

give it a shot....maybe you'll get lucky and re-join the crackberry nation
    02-06-09 12:49 PM
    Aww man, bummer. If I were in your situation, I would seriously save up and look on either ebay or craigslist for a bb. That's how I found mine, for $75 when others were selling the same model for $150 and up. Has a cracked screen that I'm replacing this week! The previous owner was a little lazy to replace it and just went out and bought another.
    02-08-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD