Been running 10.3 since early may. I saw a screen shot of 10.2 yesterday and my gosh it was ghastly. I totally forgot about those grey boxes on icons, the ugly icons themselves and the basic look of the hub.

Now I have a bad feeling when I get 10.3.1 it will feel too similar I won't have noticed an upgrade. To fix this, once 10.3.1 is rumored to be near, I'll attempt to go back to 10.2.1 for a week or two..

Keyword : ATTEMPT.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-02-14 09:50 AM
    Yup that's why I won't ever bother with leaks.

It is incomplete, so the new features introduced do not function properly. And when the actual update rolls out, there is no excitement because you already know what the new update is like.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Blacklatino and LoneStarRed like this.
    08-02-14 10:25 AM
    Been running 10.3 since early may. I saw a screen shot of 10.2 yesterday and my gosh it was ghastly. I totally forgot about those grey boxes on icons, the ugly icons themselves and the basic look of the hub.

Now I have a bad feeling when I get 10.3.1 it will feel too similar I won't have noticed an upgrade. To fix this, once 10.3.1 is rumored to be near, I'll attempt to go back to 10.2.1 for a week or two..

Keyword : ATTEMPT.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Last night I downgraded back to 10.2.1.3253. Glad I did. Yeah, I'll miss 10.3, but, as stated, it will be a better upgrade than going from .700 to .xxxx.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-02-14 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Clarification.
    08-02-14 10:44 AM
    Leaks are Bad M'Kay?!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    08-02-14 10:46 AM
    Leaks are Bad M'Kay?!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    IMO, Leaks are not bad as long as the owner knows what he/she is doing and understands the risk. I've had 12 BlackBerries- 8 personal, 5 thru work. Never regretted using leak OS ( called betas back in the day), or hybrids on any of my personal BlackBerries. I assumed the risk. Things like the alarm not working on .700 was never an issue for me because we have an alarm clock. I'll say OS leaks are not for "everyone".
    08-02-14 11:08 AM
    Some leaks end up as officials. With nothing any different in the official. So are officials bad too?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-02-14 11:19 AM
    I agree with blacklatino.
    The only problem with leaks is the vendor looses the moment of surprise. This also includes new model info found in the OS.

Hopefully BlackBerry can have their moments of "Let's show you some new stuff" instead of having it posted on tech blogs months before planned.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:20 AM
    I wait until the last few leaks so I'm only about a month ahead. Usually a stable one and I learn all the new stuff so I can tell others what they have.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:48 AM
    Well I bought my z10 November last year and I've ran a fair amount of leaks so I do understand the smoke behind the screen. It was just weird this time because in

10.2-10.2.1, the big thing was direct apk installment. That wasn't a wow software thing as much as a big functionality improvement.

But now with 10.3 makeover, I think I might have crossed the bridge too early if you will. Hopefully there are plenty plenty surprises that doesn't get leaked cuz unless that I'm screwed X,'D

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:59 AM
    IMO, Leaks are not bad as long as the owner knows what he/she is doing and understands the risk. I've had 12 BlackBerries- 8 personal, 5 thru work. Never regretted using leak OS ( called betas back in the day), or hybrids on any of my personal BlackBerries. I assumed the risk. Things like the alarm not working on .700 was never an issue for me because we have an alarm clock. I'll say OS leaks are not for "everyone".
    My sentiments exactly. I've installed betas, hybrids, leaks, whatever you want to call them on multiple BlackBerries of mine. My one word of advice, is that it's all on you when you install them. Don't go bashing BlackBerry when your phone don't ring, alarm clock doesn't go off, or BBM doesn't work. (Not saying you do.) But that's exactly what's kept me off of .700. For one, I use BBM, including voice and video, every day; and my BB is my alarm clock. Bottom line: know what you're getting into.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.2.1.3253
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-02-14 01:05 PM
    My sentiments exactly. I've installed betas, hybrids, leaks, whatever you want to call them on multiple BlackBerries of mine. My one word of advice, is that it's all on you when you install them. Don't go bashing BlackBerry when your phone don't ring, alarm clock doesn't go off, or BBM doesn't work. (Not saying you do.) But that's exactly what's kept me off of .700. For one, I use BBM, including voice and video, every day; and my BB is my alarm clock. Bottom line: know what you're getting into.

Hope this wasn't a direct comment at me

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 12:33 AM
    No. Not at directed at you at all. Just a general observation. I can't believe the some of the post people make expecting perfection when it's an early release or Dev OS they've loaded. That's all.

spikesolie and Blacklatino like this.
    08-03-14 01:24 AM